Top 5 Programming Languages for Mobile App Development in 2020
With the growing of mobile app development, the majority of the business now moving towards the winning mobile app for business. An abundance of factors needs to be examined while moving for mobile applications like the development cost of the app, interface design, and its performance, etc. But, regardless of your app design, the main part is programming languages which are responsible for functionality.
There are several programming languages with which mobile apps can be developed. Some languages used for developing native apps that run on a particular platform and few used for cross-platform. But, you have to select which technology will be suited for your business requirements. As smartphones hit the industries, the demands of mobile app development are also increasing day by day. There are 3.5 billion smartphone users in the world today(2020). We can say that every third person has a phone.
Here is a list of a few Programming which are best suited for Mobile app development.
- JAVA: It is the most popular language and the majority of the developers are using this language to develop the mobile app. It is a purely object-oriented language and developed by SUN Microsystem and integrated into use by Android OS. Once you write the code, you can use it on different platforms, browsers, etc.
- HTML5 : It is the ideal choice of mobile application development company for developing the frontend Web applications that work on both mobile phones and tablets. Because of the responsive attitude of HTML 5 developers are free to create multiple sizes of devices or browsers too.
- SWIFT : Swift is the most popular language for Apple Users. This language used to create the apps for both LINUX and Apple Platform. You can say that is the next version of C objective Language which was early used for developing the apps for Apple Platform. It is quite similar to the Java language because it is also an Object-Oriented language. It is easy to use because it is less confusing than any other programming language.
- C++ : It is the superset of C language which is used to develop the app for both Android and Windows platforms. It is also an object-oriented language and allows the developer to create a cross-platform mobile app. It is not more classy but it won the programming world even before introducing the smartphones in the market.
- Objective C: It was the primary language used by the mobile app company to develop the application for the Apple platform. It was created by the Apple company to build scalable and high-performance apps. Being a Superset of C language, it also has varieties of features like Graphics, Display, and I/O functionality. As part of the Apple company, this language is compatible with all frameworks of iOS and macOS, etc. But now it is being replaced quickly by the most powerful and functional programming language called SWIFT.