logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: audiobook-review
Load new posts () and activity
show activity (+)
review 2019-04-15 06:06
AUDIOBOOK: Breaking Ground
Breaking Ground (Castle Harbor #1) - J. P. Oliver

Jesse is attracted to Braden.  Only they both have their jobs and principles that stand in their way.  He does not want to want him, but the heart wants what it wants.

Braden found Jesse hotter than HOT - even before he knew they would become enemies.  He runs into him everywhere, but no solution is there so far.  If only he could stop thinking about him.......

The narrator is so fun to listen to.  He makes all the different voices, and you feel like you are right there with the characters.  I really enjoyed listening to this story.  As for the characters and pace, I found it to be at a good rhythm.  I am eager now to get to the second installment in the Castle Harbor series.  I give this a 4/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

***This book was provided in exchange for an honest review only.

review 2017-12-09 17:39
Bit annoyed at the MC in this one.
Death by Tea (A Bookstore Café Mystery) - Alex Erickson

Death by Tea is the second in the Bookstore Cafe mystery series and not my favorite. I felt the MC did to many stupid things and wanted to smack her.

Krissy named her bookstore cafe after one of her dad's books Death by Coffee and in doing so she had gained this mega fan who seems to go on and on about her dad. Krissy is not a fan of her droning about her father because she wants to be her own person (so then maybe you shouldn't name her store after one of his books??) :) Then one day she brings in a life size picture of Krissy's father and wants to  leave it their, but Krissy doesn't want it there.

Then Krissy finds out that she is hosting a book club duel of some sorts and then one of the guys from the club is murdered in Death by Coffee, he was hit with a tea kettle.

• So Krissy sneaks into her own business to steal the life size pic of her dad. Finds out a man was killed there so lies about being there. Gets caught in a lie, still doesn't come clean about taking the life size pic, gets caught with it in her house.
  • In anger hits the one cop who hates her gets thrown in jail, and still does stupid things.
  • Instead of telling Paul about her suspicions makes a full of herself in front of a bunch of people.

So she was not my favorite character this go around. I really enjoyed Death by Coffee the first book, and I am hoping she gets a bit smarter in the third book but I just kep rolling my eyes with this one. :(

It has a really good mystery and I really didn't figure it out until pretty close to the reveal though I didn't know the why.

Overall, it was okay but not great.

review 2017-11-12 22:34
A good cozy read
Murder at the Mansion - Janet Finsilver

Renovations are going on over at the Redwood Cove B&B, so Kelly's boss has her putting up guest in a Victorian mansion he has since it's whale watching season. Kelly's in control of keeping track of the antique items but then she discovers a body and things take a different turn.

Kelly is not real interested in looking for a killer but she hates that they think that Stevie could be blamed since they already think he might have been the one stealing things from the mansion, as well as one other person. So she does a little snooping and that leads her to finding some interesting things along the way. Someone doesn't want her snooping and tries to get rid of her so now the cops are trying to keep her safe as they try and catch the killer.

Second book in the Kelly Jackson mysteries and I really enjoyed it. Kelly just wants to run her B&B but right now that is not happening so she tries to make the most of it. She doesn't really want to get involved in a murder investigation but at the same time she can't help but be a little curious about things going on. It has a great bunch of secondary characters and one of my favorites is the little boy Tommy, he is adorable.

Overall, I think this is a fun series and if you are a fan of cozies you should check out this series!!

review 2017-10-31 23:16
Good crafty book. :)
By Hook or by Crook - Betty Hechtman

It’s been awhile since I dipped into the Crochet Mysteries but it didn’t take long to remember Molly Pink and her gang of crafty crocheters.

While at a get together the crochet bunch was having a great time and never seen who dropped off a package in a paper bag until everyone was gone. Inside it contained a letter of remorse and a crocheted piece that contains clues. Clues that everyone thinks Molly can figure out because she is a pretty good sleuth.

They find out who it belongs to and when Molly goes to drop it off she finds the lady dead. She doesn’t want to be involved with another dead body nor does she want to deal with the female detective who can’t stand her because she is dating Barry another detective.

Molly and the gang go on some adventures trying to figure out what happened and what some of the pictures might mean on the crocheted piece. Molly of course gets herself in a heap of trouble and this time Barry is not around much to be of any help.

The pieces start falling into place when she realizes something about one of the crochet members and how it might have bearing on the mystery, but it also gets her in a spot of trouble.

I haven’t always been a huge fan of Molly Pink but I think she is kind of growing on me cause I really enjoyed this one and her misadventures.

There is a bit of trouble in romantic paradise and I am not sure how I feel about that, but guess I will have to see how things go.

I enjoyed the mystery and didn’t have a clue who the killer was but I like that. Great series for anyone who loves cozies and crafty themes.

show activity (+)
review 2017-10-09 23:28
Fun little cozy.
Pumpkins in Paradise (A Tj Jensen Mystery Book 1) - Kathi Daley

It’s Halloween time but it’s also the school reunion for TJ Jenson and things are hoping. Things get a little tense around when they find out that a news reporter from Second Look is coming to town to investigate a cold case. The murder happened when TJ was in High School and nobody had really thought of it since even though the case was never solved.

A lot of people are not happy with Samatha being there because they don’t want their secrets surfaced especially the killer because she soon dies in a car accident and nobody is sure if it was accidental or murder. Roy, the policemen in town is a bit overwhelmed with this since he is now the only cop. (can’t say why cause I don’t want to spoil things) So TJ comes on board to help him figure things out since she has been really good at it in the past.

I really like TJ and how she has stepped up and taken charge of your younger siblings. I love how her dad is so welcoming to them even though they are not his kids. It’s a really close knit family and TJ is learning how to balance being sort of mother but sister at the same time. She learns more it seems with each book and I am glad things are going well with her in the relationship department.

It’s just fun being back with a bunch of characters I really enjoy.

It has a good murder and there were a lot of suspects and I never managed to figure out exactly who did it as the one I really thought did it wasn’t the killer.

These cozies are short but always have great story lines and a great mystery and I really like them. If you like cozies and are in the mood for a good short read then check out this series!