logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: book-free
Load new posts () and activity
review 2020-05-04 16:14
Legion by Julie Kagawa
Legion (Talon Saga, Book 4) - Caitlin Davies,Julie Kagawa

I was able to listen to this audiobook for free so I jumped at the chance. I really enjoyed the series that I had read so far and wanted to continue. Ember is still badass and one of my favorite characters that Julie Kagawa has come up with. She is smart and strong, and a dragon!!! Too bad she is literally born for someone else's gain. I was surprised by my interest in other characters that I may not have appreciated as much in the previous books. They were supposed to be the bad guys, but you learn not all is what it seems. I'm so glad the book took the turn it did. I faded in and out while listening, but I captured enough to want to read Inferno next! Fans of this series will really love the action in this book!

Source: www.fredasvoice.com/2020/05/legion-by-julie-kagawa-24.html
review 2019-06-24 18:51
Still free for kindle
Free Comic Book Day - Star Wars Adventures - Collectif Ulysse

Its free, so if you really love Star Wars you might want to check it out.  The best thing about it, however, is the cover.  It is a standard hero stranded on strange world, kid falls for droid tale that we have seen how many times  before.  The second story is another classic droid story.

review 2019-06-12 15:12
Robotech
Robotech: Free Comic Book Day 2019 - Simon Furman

I love Robotech, but this relaunch has a bit too much going in the deep end before you really get swimming.  If you have seen the series or the comics, then you should be fine and know what is going on. (you might not care, as I did). But if you are new to Robotech, this is not for you.

review 2019-02-12 16:06
The Little Free Library Book - Margret A... The Little Free Library Book - Margret Aldrich
For more reviews, check out my blog: Craft-Cycle

Such a fascinating and beautiful book.

Wonder about the origin story of all of those Little Free Libraries you see everywhere? Want to be part of the movement and install your own? This book has you covered. Complete with gorgeous pictures of various LFLs around the world, this is a fantastic book for everything Little Free Library.

This book includes how LFL got started as well as many heartwarming stories about stewards from around the world. There are also sections with tips on how to make your own library, how to get the community involved, how to make the library a success, and how to do more with your library.

At the end of the book in the appendix are construction plans, installation instructions, and lots of tips on the actual physical library construction. Great resource for people who want to build their own library.

And throughout it all are wonderful pictures of various LFLs, from simple to extravagant, from traditional to creative. It was so fun to look at the pictures and all of the creative ways people made their libraries their own.

Excellent read.
review 2018-10-14 00:14
Wild and Free by Kristen Ashley
Wild and Free (The Three Series Book 3) - Kristen Ashley

Way too long. I was bored out of my mind and forced myself to read it. Also, it's really bad when I'm more interested in other characters than the main couple. I liked Yuri and Aurora a lot more and wanted to read more about them.
Why do they have to call their women bitches? Every time Abel said it, I wanted to punch him in the face. Repeatedly. Abel and Lilah also had so many sex scenes that I started skipping these. I waited for the golem attack and then didn't "see" any of the action because I was forced to sit in the basement with a group of women drinking tea. Such a disappointment.
Loved the world, liked the side-characters, and didn't care much about the main couple.
2.5 stars