logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: candies
Load new posts () and activity
Like Reblog Comment
show activity (+)
review 2014-02-08 21:45
Sugar Baby
Sugar Baby: Confections, Candies, Cakes, & Other Delicious Recipes for Cooking with Sugar - Gesine Bullock-Prado,Tina Rupp

Just what I needed in my life, a book completely about cooking sugar.  I definitely have a sweet tooth and knowing how to make my own candies and pastry creams could prove dangerous.  In the very beginning of the book the question "Isn't sugar bad for you?" is asked.  Sugar Baby's wonderful answer is "Sugar in moderation is okay as long as it is beautifully and lovingly prepared." This is what I'm going with.

Sugar baby is written with passion and personality.  Cooking with sugar can be tricky and dangerous, but with the constant safety reminders, reassurances and personal tips you can pretend that someone is there holding your hand throughout the process.

The book is organized by the temperature that the sugar needs to be cooked at with simpler recipes at the beginning of the section and working your way up in complexity.  I know that I cannot wait to make my own Bavarian creme, candy corn, maple candy, and honey nougat. Now I just need to get my own candy thermometer.

This book was provided for free from NetGalley in return for an honest review.

Source: stephaniesbookreviews.weebly.com
Like Reblog Comment
review 2012-11-09 00:00
Holiday Candies and Cakes - June Kessler Holiday Candies and Cakes - June Kessler This is the third book I have reviewed by this author. It didn't "WOW" me like the previous ones. This one is much shorter and I don't find the recipes as unique as some of her other ones. This one, specifically on holiday candy and cakes, I thought had recipes that could be made anytime of the year vs. specifically holiday focused.