logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: new-york
Load new posts () and activity
review 2020-06-22 15:24
The Brothers York
The Brothers York - Thomas Penn

by Thomas Penn

For some reason I expected this to be Historical Fiction, but it turned out to be History. It's about the Wars of the Roses and the Brothers from the York dynasty who might have filled the place that the Tudor family does in history instead, if it hadn't been for in-fighting.

There are long chapters with just the occasional line break. As such it took me quite a long time to read it in small increments. It was also just a bit dry, but the subject is interesting and kept my attention. I found it amazing how England came so close to having a very different history!

Overall I really enjoyed the book and it filled in a big gap in the my knowledge of history. I do prefer historical accounts that tell the story of people rather than impersonal war statistics and this definitely fulfilled that preference for me.

review 2020-06-02 04:46
Reckless at Heart (Kincaids of Pine Harbour #1) by: Zoe York
Reckless at Heart (Kincaids of Pine Harbour #1) - Zoe York

Reckless at Heart by Zoe York

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

It's been a while since I've visited Pearl Harbour, yet it seems like no time has passed at all. I guess once emotions are invested there is no turning back. York dishes up a handful of heartache and a heart full of wisdom with Reckless at Heart. Owen and Kerry are about to learn a few valuable lessons that by now each should have known by heart. When a surprise pregnancy rocks his world, single dad, Owen is about to get a crash course in what it means to love and forgive. So grab a few tissues and hold on to your heart, because if your not careful Zoe York could steal it right out of your chest.

review 2020-04-24 03:56
CHILI TO DIE FOR by Lilly York
Chili to Die For (A Willow Crier Cozy Mystery Book 1) (Willow Crier Cozy Mysteries) - Lilly York
Willow competes in a chili competition and one of the judges drops dead into her bowl of chili.  Now Willow is determined to find the killer since everyone is looking at her as the murderer.

I enjoyed this tale.  I liked the characters especially Willow and her daughter Emery as well as the Chief of Police.  The world building is good.  The mystery is believable but I am surprised that the chief allowed Willow to investigate along with him.  That's where my disbelief kicked in.  But this is good escapist relief from the COVID-19 news.  I look forward to the rest of the series.
review 2020-04-09 18:57
The five steps you should use to build your restaurant

Working with a restaurant builder - a 5-step process

Whether you are a seasoned restaurant owner or are planning to open your doors for the first time, there are certain steps you will need to take to build and open your restaurant. Working with an experienced and experienced restaurant builder can make a huge difference to the amount of time and effort you'll need to offer in each of these stages.

Your homework before building your restaurant starts

Therefore, it is worth your time to do your homework and ensure that you have identified the ideal candidate for your expectations, confidence, and budget.

Remember that money is not the only problem. It is certainly very important, but the lowest estimate may or may not lead to the least expensive project in the long run. You have to be sure that you will get value for every dollar you spend.

This value comes from choosing a restaurant construction specialist who will be available to you every step of the way, from site selection to initial design as well as design. Find a team able to understand your vision and learn how to turn concepts into practical, practical and beautiful facts.

Keep in mind that you want to work with a restaurant builder and not just any builder. After all, there is a big difference between a retail store, a hairdressing salon, a residential home, and a restaurant. These differences include everything from building code requirements to passes to what will lead to practical food preparation and an enjoyable dining experience.

Our restaurant builder has 5 practical steps

Here are the five steps you'll need to take to build a successful restaurant:

• Find your restaurant builder

This is an area that lacks many potential restaurant owners. The reason is that it can take a long time and require extensive labor. Ideally, you will review and distribute your bidding documents a large number of different local vendors and pre-qualified subcontractors. Having the right restaurant construction specialist next to you to act as the central hub for this project makes a big difference.

Once you receive the responses, continue by visiting the projects accomplished by the companies you are considering. Pay attention to current conditions and think about the scope of work requirements.

Ensure that the proposals clearly define expectations on your part and the company.

• Before construction

- When Lott Construction gets a Product Award, planning begins seriously. Resources are prepared, delivered and packed within one to two weeks before construction begins. During this stage, a greater direction is identified and communication and participation begin between all levels to ensure clarity and success.

• Create a restaurant

While the core of the movie is the building, it also continues and maintains the strong communication that was created before construction. This makes it possible to avoid avoidable problems and to respond quickly to any unexpected occurrences.

• Close the project

- Here, you, the restaurant owner, create a final punch list. Any corrective action that you request or specification shall be completed within five days.

Mechanical lane is available from 2 to 4 hours.

Final financial documents are provided, as well as final mortgage exemptions.

Closing Guide - including two copies of the paper and two digital copies - is provided at this point.

• Guarantee

- When you choose to build a Lott restaurant, the work our team and subcontractors have completed is one year under warranty on labor and materials.

In order to ensure satisfaction and success, Lott Restaurant Construction will meet the restaurant owner or manager 11 months after the opening. This provides an opportunity to review the project in order to request and complete any necessary repairs while the warranty remains active. In this way, tasks can be performed efficiently without interfering with the operation of the business.

Our Services

Source: www.rddny.com
review 2020-04-05 09:59
Trust
Kind of Famous - Mary Marlowe

This is book #3, in Flirting With Fame series.  This book can be read as a standalone novel.  For reader understanding, and to avoid spoilers, I recommend reading this series in order.

Layla is starting work at a new job in New York.  She wants to do well but it worried if anyone finds out about her past with her blog, it will be all over.  Secrets make it hard to move forward.

Shane goes after what he wants - and he wants Layla.  Right from the beginning they share a spark and a sense of humor.  Can they make a future with the past staying hidden?  If it all comes out will they get past the deceit of a withheld story?

The music business is treacherous at best, but the characters in this series are HOT and they know it.  This story was full of sizzle and sexy.  I loved that there was room for bonds of friendship to form under high pressure conditions too.  The characters were complicated and made for an interesting read.  I give this read a 4/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

***This early copy was given in exchange for an honest review by Netgalley and its publisher.