logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: obama
Load new posts () and activity
review 2021-02-19 01:22
Thanks, Obama: My Hopey, Changey White H... Thanks, Obama: My Hopey, Changey White House Years - David Litt
Thanks, Obama: My Hopey, Changey White House YearsThanks, Obama: My Hopey, Changey White House Years by David Litt
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book is full of politics, but it's still funny and interesting. It tells the sides of things the public doesn't see. It also gives insider info on what the Obama administration was like.

show activity (+)
review 2020-02-01 01:10
Such a good read
Becoming - Michelle Obama

I actually enjoyed reading this book! I like the insights to her life before, during,and after being in the white house. Got a kick out of some of her thought process. But, also, I enjoyed the work she has done regardless what anyone thought of her. If this is the type of read you are looking for, then you should give it try!

review 2019-12-04 18:06
Becoming!!!

german and english review

audible audiobook

Das Buch war einfach großartig. Es hat mich von Anfang an total gepackt, es war wirklich super interessant, nicht nur über Michelle Obama zu lesen als sie in der politischen Welt unterwegs war, sondern wirklich ihre Lebensgeschichte von Anfang an. Es waren wirklich wunderschöne und auch traurige Erinnerungen, die sie mit uns geteilt hat.

Ich bin einfach total begeistert.

***

The book was al kinds of amazing. It realy sucked me in right from the start, it was super interesting to not only read about Michelle Obama while she navigated the political world, but to just hear her lifestory right from the start. She shared some really beautiful but also sad memories.

I'm just really excited about this book.

<!-- Used for easily cloning the properly namespaced rect -->
review 2019-09-04 23:49
'We Were Eight Years in Power' is an eye-opening set of essays written during Obama's presidency; it's practically required reading on the subject of racism in the United States
We Were Eight Years in Power: An American Tragedy - Ta-Nehisi Coates

This is an extraordinary book.

It’s a sobering, sometimes difficult read, eye-opening, and enlightening. I had to put it down on many occasions, being constantly reminded of how Obama’s presidency has been followed by Trump’s is depressing enough, but the central focus is on challenging the American racism (and how the current toxic presidency has exposed this malignant state). Coates openly wrestles with his own changing views on the first Black Presidency, and demonstrates how deeply engrained systemic and societal racism infects everything in this country, Obama or no Obama.

‘We Had Eight Years in Power’ is practically required reading.

Source: www.goodreads.com/book/show/39946134-we-were-eight-years-in-power