logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: pastry-box
Load new posts () and activity
Like Reblog
review 2014-11-09 23:56
Pastry for Poodles
Pastry for Poodles: Gourmet Recipes for Dogs & Dog Lovers (Cookbooks from The Canine Cuisine Team Book 1) - John Morris

Wonderful and delightful cook book for your doggy.  Simply fun and entertaining too.  The recipes are mouth watering, I got hungry following the recipes.  It lived up to it's name, "Gourmet."  No wait, "Pastry for Poodles."  And who said, "dogs can't cook?

Ha. . . ha . . .!!!  I won this book on BookLikes.com.  Thank you, Darlene Cruz

review 2014-10-23 14:00
French Pastry Murder
French Pastry Murder - Leslie Meier

French Pastry Murder by Leslie Meier
Wanted to read this book in hopes it'd have tips on how I can make my husband his favorite apple turnovers-healthy style.
Have read many of the author's other works and have enjoyd the books.
Have been to Paris once and can't wait to see the characters view. Book starts out where Lucy Stone and her husband along with other couples have won a trip to Paris for 2 weeks and participate in a cooking class because of their charity work with the hat and mitten fund.
Her daughter, Elizabeth is in Paris studying under a world famous chef and is excited about the visit. The accomodations are a let down but they are in the city of lights! Glad when Bill and Lucy strike out on their own to discover new things. When the chef is found stabbed their passports are all held from leaving the country.
The place they are staying is ramsacked from the police-they think the chef might have been laundering money or some other black market schemes and now they are all drawn into the investigation. Lucy gets help from the others as the clues come in and they start to make sense of it all.
Murders and more investigations and help from their reporter friend Richard.  Book wasn't really what I thought it would be, because I read the prior books. Mentions a lot of locations but doesn't describe what they saw and did at the locations.
I received this book from The Kennsington Books in exchange for my honest review

show activity (+)
review 2014-03-17 23:46
Just finished Sweetened With a Kiss by Lexxi Callahan
Sweetened With a Kiss - Lexxi Callahan

and I absolutely loved it. I had just finished raging over a disappointing review book and this was just what I needed to get back into enjoyable reading.

review 2013-04-16 11:49
Spiced: A Pastry Chef's True Stories of Trials by Fire, After-Hours Exploits, and What Really Goes on in the Kitchen - Dalia Jurgensen http://www.bostonbibliophile.com/2009/05/review-spiced-by-dalia-jurgensen.html
review 2012-11-29 00:00
Baking and Pastry: Mastering the Art and Craft - Culinary Institute of America Baking and Pastry is one of the book that I read along side Professional Baking. Like Professional Baking, I read this for my culinary classes and it does help me understand some of the content that was included into my lectures. Similar to the other book, the textbook is appropriate for those who seek additional knowledge in the culinary arts. For beginners in culinary arts, this book provided a variety of subjects that might help in understanding the works that involved in baking. There are also additional chapters on confectioneries and cake decoratingHowever, being a chef is more than just reading from a book. You need to practice with the basics and any culinary text book is not enough for the work needed in the kitchen.