logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: profession-author-writer-publishing
Load new posts () and activity
Like Reblog Comment
show activity (+)
review 2014-06-27 05:53
Finished — Though I'm not entirely sure how.
Starry Night: A Christmas Novel - Debbie Macomber

I was not a fan of this narrator. Her voice and affectations were very annoying to me. So it's kind of surprising I made it all the way through.

The story itself was only okay. The heroine, Carrie, was another annoying journalist. Some of the things she thought and did throughout the beginning were obnoxious and didnt make sense. (Excuse me, but why is he a narcissist and egomaniacal because he wasn't a gracious host to this stranger who dropped in his house uninvited to blow up his spot in her newspaper? And save your sob story about the story making your career.)

Finn, on the other hand, was a misogynist for stupid reasons. And then he wasn't, and there was no transition. His feelings about his mother didn't make a whole lot of sense. But at least he did learn from his father's idiotic mistakes.

Once they transitioned into the relationship I liked them both well enough. But then Carrie's friend Sophie picked up the annoying asshole mantle.

The thing I appreciated most was the lack of sexy times in this story. Very refreshing to read a couple getting to know each other and falling in love. And if you're going to do the have them falling in love after two days thing it's way more believable.

Like Reblog Comment
show activity (+)
review 2014-05-25 23:57
Needed more passion and peril . . .
Passion and Peril: Scenes of PassionScenes of Peril - Suzanne Brockmann,Jill Sorenson

Scenes of passion: Three stars