logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: psychos
Load new posts () and activity
review 2019-03-13 13:45
A Chip and a Chair (Seven of Spades, Book #5)
A Chip and A Chair - Cordelia Kingsbridge

My review in gifs...

Speechless.  Truly.  This was brilliant.  Cannot wait to read this all over again.

Special thanks to my BR friends...Marco, Lloyd, Nikki, Elsbeth and Teri...What a ride!

And for my Levi and Dominic...

You boys are in my top three for sure.  Love Love Love this couple.  Damn.

Note:

I am not convinced we have seen the last of SOS...only time will tell.

(spoiler show)
review 2018-09-27 14:02
One Eyed Royals (Seven of Spades #4)
One-Eyed Royals - Cordelia Kingsbridge

One of my favorite books. Even better the second time. I absolutely love these characters. Phew. Can’t wait to start book 5 as soon as I catch my breath!!

***

What a ride!  And honestly one of the best written crime series and couples I have read. Cordelia has developed an absolutely beautiful, real and perfectly imperfect couple that will be sticking with me for quite some time.  Just this passage alone enhanced for me the depth to which a writer can create emotional connection without words and without touch.

Dominic unwrapped his sandwich and separated the halves. Nudging one half in Levi’s direction, he raised an inquiring eyebrow.

Levi hesitated. Unlike most people in his life, Dominic never pressured him to eat. If he turned down the offer, Dominic would let it go at that. But it had been a while since he’d last eaten, and though he wasn’t hungry, it was a good idea to get some fuel in his system that wasn’t caffeine.

Nodding his thanks, he sat across the table and accepted half the sandwich. When he bit into it, he was surprised to find it was roast beef, his favorite.

Dominic didn’t even like roast beef.

Levi swallowed his mouthful and looked up. Dominic was chewing in silence, watching the infomercial on the TV across the room like it was the most fascinating thing he’d ever seen. Levi fiddled with the crust of the sandwich for a moment, then took another bite.

They ate without talking for a few minutes.

Yes...I got teared up reading this.  Just wow!

Eagerly await a reread of this series as well as the final book in the series.

show activity (+)
review 2018-01-02 11:27
I loved the protags inner monologue.
Four Psychos - Kristy Cunning

Her voice was fun.

That was the best part of the book.

The rest was meh.

It was supposed to be "reverse harem". But there was no action whatsoever (a few tame kisses and so on). The "romance" part was therefore not interesting to me.

But the protag was fun enough for me to check out part 2 (spoiler alert: I am 50% in and still no "action"...).

review 2017-07-06 02:23
The Mistress...a 180 degree fail
The Mistress - Tiffany Reisz

There was so much of this book I loved and at 90% what could have been an absolutely beautiful moment for three amazing characters turned into some of the most out of character actions I have seen...EVER. I had thought I was being punked honestly and that things could not possibly be how they appeared.

But the joke is on me...because shit was fucked for real.

This series ran way off course with the actions that took place at the end of this book and this relationship was cheapened beyond repair. I'm devastated.

While I finished the next book in this series I should have stopped after book 3. Not sure I can trust this author again. Very sad because she's quite talented.

review 2017-05-17 00:00
Gestört: Erkennen Sie die Psychos in Ihrem Leben (German Edition)
Gestört: Erkennen Sie die Psychos in Ihrem Leben (German Edition) - Kerry Daynes,Jessica Fellowes,Andrea Panster Ausführliche Rezension: