logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: puma
Load new posts () and activity
review 2020-08-09 13:09
Can you say 'Stockholm Syndrome' boys and girls?!
Puma's Captive - Jade Carr

Stockholm syndrome: noun
'feelings of trust or affection felt in many cases of kidnapping or hostage-taking by a victim towards a captor.'

I will present you all with a few quotes from the book and then I will try to give my hopefully short opinion because my brain is already bleeding enough.

"He'd opened his mouth before acknowledging that he didn't want to talk to her. She was female and he male. Nothing else mattered."

"He'd force her down, envelope her, show her who her master was."

"She was his to punish or not, depending on his mood, and at this moment the only thing he wanted was for her to understand he was in charge."

""You will do what I command," he said. "What happens between us is for my pleasure, not yours. And if you can’t comprehend that—" He crouched so he could more easily strike her defenseless buttocks. "I’ll punish you until you do.""

"Besides, she was a piece of merchandise, gift wrapped for him."

"He only wanted a resting place for his cock. A willing one, his human half insisted. It doesn't matter, Puma returned."

"He’d take advantage of that, bring her down to his level. Going by instinct, he struck her ass as hard as he could do given the awkward angle. She shuddered and struggled to get free."

"The possibility stopped him from massaging her surely sore ass. No way would he allow her to think she was in control. He was! Even though he wasn’t sure what had prompted his anger, he started punishing her again and again. His breathing quickened and deepened with the renewed blows. This was good, perfect, a helpless creature delivered to him."

""You brought this on yourself," he said. "Maybe it’s what you want." The first blow to her too-accessible ass forced a curse from her lips. One thing she’d learned from previous spankings—the more she resisted, the longer the punishment lasted. Teeth clenched and eyes tightly closes, she silently counted as he struck her. Five swats were manageable, but ten had her wincing with every blow. By the time he reached fifteen, her head roared and her ass was on fire. This was their relationship, not all of it and thankfully not all the time, but at the core he disciplined and she endured."

My opinion:

Characters.

There is not much to say about them really. They are one sided as it gets.
Female lead Kai is a psychic that can talk to animals and that is why she is at some archeological find (there is a very loose connection there, just go with it) and there she wanders around and happens to encounter a puma that is half man half puma, imagine the coincidence. She gets subdued, forced, tied up, kidnapped and sexually molested but it's fine because after the Stockholm Syndrome kicks in she retroactively decides she actually wanted it all along (forget the crying, kicking, screaming, fearing, trying to run away etc).

Puma is well, half human half beast. Male lead - Hok'ee is his human side and Puma is his, you get it, puma side. Apparently he got turned into one of these because he did not accept his Native American heritage, that is so vaguely explained that I just cannot be bothered with it. Something about him being a man and young and able to reproduce a lot or something and that is why he is punished along with other 4 or 5 and the rest are not. Just go with it, it doesn't matter anyway.

Story.

Hahahaha, what story damn... woman gets into the area where pumas live, one puma stalks this woman then violently ties her with big thick rope first putting in her mouth then behind her to tie her hands behind her back and in the end her legs and kidnaps her tied like that and sexually molests her while she is scared crying fearing him. Then she realises she cannot escape him so she doesn't resist as much and he forces himself on her and then after some time of abusing this woman and punishing her she suddenly has an epiphany! Hallelujah! She actually does want this savage chauvinist rapist after all. She didn't immediately realise but after being hit enough times it got beaten into her. She is mad about this monster now. Everyone rejoice.

In the very last chapter of this overly long book the author is trying to fix all of this crap happening throughout the book by having the monster be gentle to her for the first time ever. It doesn't work because she is already brainwashed, how he now behaves is a moot point because he knows she will never leave. Give me a break.

Unintentionally funny part.

At some point in the story this main male character is talking to another puma and that other one says how he came (ejaculated) by listening to Hok'ee raping the woman and he is currently stroking his co&k when this happens:

"Nodding, Anaba released his co&k and patted Hok'ee's knee. Occasionally, when solitude and the need for sex became too much for them, they pleasured each other. They just didn't talk about this aspect of their relationship."

Because why not. Imagine now those five pumas turning into men and all just having an all male orgy. But let's not talk about it too much.

Also, just to point out, saying when solitude becomes too much and he hasn't been a puma that long, it's somewhere between a couple of months and a year you really start to understand the author's thinking. Yes, men just cannot help it. They cannot service themselves occasionally, no no, a couple of months is too long for just your hand or nothing, when push comes to shove and there are no women to kidnap and rape, just call your best mate and let him handle it. Cause that is what your best friend is for.

All in all.

I have zero respect towards this book. Since this is the only book I have read from this author I won't say the same about the author but I also certainly won't read any of the other works. I am not into self-torture up to that degree.

If you want to read about how NOT to get a woman, how NOT to respond to your kidnapping and rape, how NOT to have a toxic and abusive relationship, this book will provide you with perfect guidelines and examples about it.

review 2016-02-16 00:00
Jax: A 'Not-Quite' Puma Love Story (The 'Not-Quite' Love Story Series Book 4)
Jax: A 'Not-Quite' Puma Love Story (The 'Not-Quite' Love Story Series Book 4) - Julia Mills,Linda Boulanger,Lisa Mills Book: Jax: A 'Not-Quite' Puma Love Story (The 'Not-Quite' Love Story Series Book 4)
Author: Julia Mills
Publication Date: 2/15/2016
Reviewed by: Tammy Payne- Book Nook Nuts
My Rating: 5 Stars

REVIEW *May contain spoilers *

Jax is back and now staying with Phoebe and Grant for a bit. Jax knows things are not always what they seem but when he is knocked over by a cat of some kind and scratched , then stalked by a beautiful female he has no idea what’s in store for him. All he knows is she is beautiful. Phoebe wants to protect Jax he is her brother but none are able to capture whoever it is stalking Grant. When things take a change and he is face to face with the one who is keeping him hostage in a way. Can Jax accept what is being told to him? This was a very cute and oh so sexy read. Although short, there are no cliffhangers.

I was gifted a copy of this book for an honest review.
And I also purchased the book.
[a:Julia Mills|7200721|Julia Mills|https://d.gr-assets.com/authors/1382034837p2/7200721.jpg]
review 2013-10-06 00:00
Cat of a Different Color - Dana Marie Bell

So far this was my favorite of the Halle Pumas series. This series is really messing with my to-read books for this month. I only meant to read the first book in the series but I just can't stop myself. That's what I get for getting them all at once. The temptation is too much! While trying to figure out the reading order I found it and some free ebooks on [a:Dana Marie Bell|1611087|Dana Marie Bell|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/authors/1339524145p2/1611087.jpg]'s website: http://www.danamariebell.com/eBooks.html

All of your favorite characters from the first 2 books are in this book to an extent. This book is about Sheri who we met in book 2 as the friend of Max and Simon from college that was joining the pride and was having personal problems. We discover her personal problems and a lot more at the beginning of the book. I really liked Sheri. We also get to know Belle or Belinda more in depth in this book which was pretty cool. Adrian as you know is the puma that shares a practice with Max. He finds his place in the pride in this book. I found all of that fasinating. We also get to meet Richard, the new alpha from the Pocono pack of wolves.

I enjoyed this short read. Although short there was a lot packed into it. And now for my favorite quote. It brought tears to my eyes!

"The snow-white puma came soaring out of the back window with an effortless grace that burned through him. Her bright red eyes were fixed on him with fear, love, relief and hope."

review 2013-07-06 00:00
Falke's Peak (Puma Nights, #1) - Madison Layle, Anna Leigh Keaton

I got this on audible months ago and never listened to it. So since I had a headache yesterday and wanted to lay down I thought I'd give it a try. It was soooo good. I love the Falke family and I think I'll get the next book now.

review 2013-01-04 00:00
Only In My Dreams: Halle Pumas, Book 5: Halle Pumas Series, Book 5
Only in My Dreams - Dana Marie Bell I hated the asshole main character in this book, and I felt bad for his mate Sarah.Reason One: In the beginning of the book he meets a man who tells him that he is Hunter, and has to leave for six months for super special training. This man he has known for all of five minutes tells him that he should not claim his mate, that he should leave her to the dreams until he can claim her when he gets back.Reason Two: With the AWESOME advice from reason one, note the heavy use of sarcasm here, he leaves without consulting his mate, or talking to her, making the decision himself cause that is just the type of guy he is. No, he calls her from the airport to tell her, even lying about his whereabouts, cause nothing builds trust better in stressful situation than lying to a person you are supposed in love with.Reason Three: So now you are apart, and it hurts soooooo bad, and you just can’t suffer talking to your love. So you get the brilliant idea to talk to another woman about your daily activities, and have her tell you love. Yeah, cause they will be fast friends, almost sisters, with all the trust building you have instilled from reason one and two!Reason Four: You keep a mental tally of spanks to the ass you are going to give your love, for all the offenses she has done during the day. Such as dancing with another man, singing karaoke, refusing your mate mark, just defying you in general. I mean how dare she be pissed that you are hanging out with another woman, giving her Christmas gifts when you didn’t get her anything, stopped calling her, then come back all indignant and try telling her what to do.Reason Five: When your love who is the Omega, and is in touch with the whole prides emotions shows you just how she felt with what you have done to her you feel bad. I mean not bad enough to stop pressuring her to let you mark her, and not bad enough to walk over to the other woman that has caused a lot of the pain, and start talking to her. I mean you are talking to her on how to make it better, your love will understand, right?So yeah, I fucking hate the main character in this, he was a arrogant twat that I wanted to see be hit by a bus then lit aflame, negative stars would be appropriate goodreads, I really want them.