logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: rereads
Load new posts () and activity
review 2018-11-30 22:20
Better than the first time!!!
Scythe - Neal Shusterman

Actually this one was a reread for me, to get me ready to start the next book.

The book is better than I remember it, and that makes me happy

Why does that make me feel happy? Because I already know I loved it, but I forgot how much, until I read it again. I freaking love both Citra, and especially Rowan. My other review is up still, so I am not going to do another full review. I am so excited to start Thunder head, sometime before the middle of the month, so you'll find out what I feel about the book pretty soon.

review 2018-09-23 00:54
Halloween Bingo - 1st Square Filled
The Raven Boys - Maggie Stiefvater

I finally finished my first book for Halloween Bingo by re-reading The Raven Boys. While it can go many places I am counting it for the Raven Square.

The first time I read The Raven Boys, I listened to the audiobook, and was enchanted.  This time, while my delight  was somewhat lessened by already knowing the major reveals, Maggie Stiefvater's language was almost as magical in print as it was as an audiobook.

Reducing my rating from 5 stars to 4.5 because you can't be delighted by a book for the first time twice.

review 2018-07-28 04:26
Dewey's Deliverer
Deliverer - C.J. Cherryh

If you stick with the Foreigner series by CJ Cherryh for more than a few pages, you know that numbers are very, very important to the Atevi.  And they have a strong preference for odd numbers, so tonight I can declare that I have finished the fortunate 9th book, the end of the 3rd trilogy in the saga of Bren Cameron.

Finishing my current book seemed like fortunate way to celebrate Dewey's Readathon!

I've also finished another chapter in The Inner Life of Cats: The Science and Secrets of Our Mysterious Feline Companions - Thomas McNamee  (the one about the feral cats of Rome).

In addition to mine - I've seen Readathon Posts by:

Book Stripping Blog

Debbie's Spurts

Bookish Blerd

Booklikes addresses are also listed in the participant database

Hol

Tea, Rain, Book

Kat's Books

Though they are so far either hiding in their books, or participating via another social media outlet.

Well it's been a long, long week and tomorrow is a dizzy bay, so after cheering on the other Readathon participants, I'm heading off to bed.

review 2018-07-01 01:18
Fortune's Pawn
Fortune's Pawn - Rachel Bach

Just the light romp I was in the mood for.  Looking forward to the rest of the trilogy.

review 2017-01-07 03:06
Wild Magic
Wild Magic - Tamora Pierce

I had a long car-ride with my younger son over the winter holidays and was looking for something for us to listen to while I drove.  I'd liked how the Full-Cast Audio recordings had worked for the stories that Tamora Pierce had written to be released on audiobook first, so jumped at the chance to reread Wild Magic.

Using a different actor for each character works wonderfully during Wild Magic and I highly recommend the audiobook experience.