logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: simply
Load new posts () and activity
Like Reblog
review 2020-02-20 15:07
Simply Irresistible
Simply Irresistible - Jill Shalvis

So this was a great book from beginning to end. I loved Maddie and Jax. I also loved how Maddie and her two half sisters, Chloe and Tara get closer despite of how they were raised (or not raised) by their hippie mother who has recently passed. I plan on reading the rest of the series this year, so definitely looking forward to see how Tara and Chloe's stories end up.

"Simply Irresistible" follows Maddie Moore. Maddie has been fired from her job and is trying to figure out what to do next. When her mother passes and leaves her and her half sister's her resort in the town of Lucky Harbor, Maddie decides to pack up and head there. Maddie also has left her long-term boyfriend and is hesitant to trust another men again after that. She literally runs into Jax Cullen (on his motorcycle) and starts to contemplate that not trusting or getting involved with another man again. The book follows Maddie becoming more decisive and forceful about what she wants and doesn't want. She wants to try to make her mother's resort a success and is determined to do it even though her sisters want to sell and move on. And she wants to get to know them more and goes about making sure that she doesn't do what she used to do which was flee the first time they raised their voices. I loved the lead up to Maddie and Jax finally having sex and both of them realizing that there is something more between them. I loved Jax's backstory, but wanted even more of it. I don't want to reveal too much in my review, but I wanted to know where the heck was Jax's mother in all of this (was she mentioned?) and I love his friendships too. And I loved Jax not revealing a secret that wasn't his to tell.

I don't have much else to say except yeah for a solid romance book that has me wanting to read more!

review 2019-09-03 17:07
Simply Dead
Simply Dead - Eleanor Kuhns

Will Rees, his wife, and family live in the house that his wife inherited and that the Shaker community covets. He married into the Shaker community, even though the Shakers don't seem to accept him that much. He had previously investigated a murder in the community and it seems that he will be doing it again as the daughter, Hortense, of a midwife,  goes missing.

There are two men who are looking for her. Will finds her in the snow without shoes or a coat. He and his wife Lydia are suspicious of the circumstances. They hide her away in Zion, the local Shaker community. There is an eye witness and it appears that the description of the witnesses matches that of Josiah Wooten, a nasty man who lives with his wife and two sons.

Will investigates the family and is surprised by what he finds. He has gone to the Wooten home in a blizzard, puts his life at risk yet again. He is determined to not only find out why Hortense went missing but also investigate the murder of the Shaker sister and what the correlation is between the two incidences. He is concerned about the welfare of his family and that they could be in danger.

The author writes in such a way that you can almost feel like you are in the snowy woods of 1790's Maine. A community that is set far apart from the rest of the country. There is a cast of characters that are believable. The story is suspenseful and you also get a feel for what it is like to live in a Shaker community. There are also some twists to the story that was not expected. I love a story that does that, I don't want to figure out who did what in a mystery, I like being surprised.

This is only the second Shaker Murders book that I have read but I found that I really did not miss not having read the previous ones in the series. I want to start the series from

review 2018-09-28 07:15
Success
Simply Irresistible (Flatiron Five) - Deborah Cooke

Tyler finds himself trapped in a mess of his own making.  He solves it by asking out the smart and beautiful Amy.  He has wanted to talk to her for a while.

Amy always feels like she is not enough.  She has trouble from her past that she hopes to never see again.  Will getting involved with Tyler's plan ruin everything?

Loved this story.  So excited to read the rest of the series.  These characters were so meant to be.  I loved the humor, the heat, and the sexy was out of this world hot!  I thought is was great and cannot wait for the next book in the Flatiron Five series.  I give this a 5/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

review 2017-11-03 21:46
Great Humor
Simply Crazy (Jaded Series Book 1) - Jen... Simply Crazy (Jaded Series Book 1) - Jenn Hype

Simply Crazy is my first book by Jenn Hype.  It won’t be my last.  Ms Hype has delivered a well-written book.  It is in alternating point of view format, which I’m not a fan of, but it worked in this book.  The characters in this story are simply phenomenal.  Kudos to Ms Hype for the characters, their interaction and the humor.  Blake and CJ’s story is laugh out loud funny with plenty of drama, suspense, action and sizzle.  I totally loved this book and look forward to reading more from Jenn Hype in the future.  Simply Crazy is book 1 of the Jaded Series but can be read as a standalone.  This is a complete book, not a cliff-hanger.

Oh, and did I mention it's funny?

review 2017-07-28 15:27
The Crime Book (Big Ideas Simply Explained) by DK Publishing
The Crime Book: Big Ideas Simply Explained - DK,Cathy Scott

A terribly interesting book. I only say terrible because of the subject matter. The book is all about crime. All of the crimes people have heard about from Grave robbing to Aileen Wuornos and everything before, during, and after. The book gives you a pretty full story of each crime, when, where, how, and when they were stopped as well as how they were judged in court. The book is broken down into sections like robberies, serial killers, and more. I personally couldn't put the book down once I started it.

I received this book from the Author or Publisher via Netgalley.com to read and review.