logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Discussion: I think I'm breaking Booklikes
created by: Murder by Death
back to group
I sent an email directly to support about this, but I thought I would post it here too in case anyone else is seeing the issue.

I've been working on librarian tasks on the BookLikes database, and I keep ending up with Error 521 from CloudFlare. Once I get these errors I can't access BookLikes at all for some time (sometimes it's 30 minutes, sometimes it's hours). After some clicking around the internet, I found that this can happen because security measures set up on the server see too many requests from the same IP's as an attack and block that access.

I'm on BookLikes now because I've VPN'd out and I'm using servers in Canada at the moment, but I couldn't get through from either Australia or the USA. Does anyone else have problems with that Error 521? Is it only me because I'm trying to clean up all the Janet Evanovich records?

Is there anything BL can do about this, because I can't tell you how much I hate being locked out of BookLikes. :P
Reply to post #1 (show post):

Hi, so sorry for this! We're working on this issue as we speak. Would you be so kind and let us know your IP, it could help us tremendously to investigate what has happened in this specific matter. You can mail the details to kate@booklikes.com

One more time sorry for this inconvenience.
Kate -

I was at work when it happened - I think I included the ip address in the email I sent to support@ but I'll dig the email out of sent items and resend it to kate@

Thanks!
Ok - I just sent the email to Kate.
Thank you. We've sent you a message secs ago.

For contacting us please use contact@booklikes.com or mail directly our community manager at kate@booklikes.com
Need help?