logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Discussion: Asshat Updates
created by: Indie Angie
back to group
Whoa, nice find!
We can all be sympathetic to Morton suffering from a BBA's wrath, This isn't her first time since Bobby Adair and his editor attacked her last year. In that case, Morton forgave the author and editor, but attacked the bloggers who supported her. She also claimed she never turned to STGRB...
(hide spoiler) (show spoiler)

...but Juicy said otherwise.

After commenting on a reviewer's GR shelf and demanding info because an author complained about the shelf, Morton didn't like anyone defending the reader.

Her solution was to go to STGRB to find all the "bully" profiles and block them on GR.
(hide spoiler)

(show spoiler)

She defended STGRB too.

She's also an author who tampered with the GR database to hide her book. Eventually she lost her author profile or gave it up. Either way, this was her profile for a long time on GR.

So while we can support Morton's right to review as she chooses, she doesn't support the same right for us. We're the enemy while STGRB is an anti-bullying site. We're trolls when we review negatively while she's simply telling the truth and standing up for herself. Oh, and finally when we shelve negatively, we're bullies and need to be reported. Morton doesn't suffer the same consequences though.
On GR, Kate LeDonne's blog attacks Morton by name. I have emailed GR about the post. If you have a GR account, please flag and report the blog post too. Thank you.

Offensive Post

Edit: Here's the post in case you don't have access to GR.
(hide spoiler) Trolled by writers. Really guys? @originlbookgirl #originlbookgirl #TrolledToFilthByBullies

Dear blogger person and your minions-

I don’t know you, so I fail to understand all this vitriol and unprovoked attack. Unless you’re the one running Orangeberry Book Tours, which is how I suspect this all started. Pandora must’ve sent you the response to your list of complaints, or else you are Pandora.

The following is for the benefit of my friends who are all confused by the wad o’ crazy you started throwing around for no good reason. It is also to let you know that I was already set for a tough day today dealing with my PTSD, and having to deal with a school group thing. Thanks for making my already difficult life even shittier. I sincerely hope that on a day that you need all the self-confidence you can get that some unknown persons come for you like you just ate their dog.

You, Kriss, are a really horrid person with no compassion or empathy for people who survived the worst. The people who supported you in attacking me are even worse because they just blindly followed your mean, cruel lead.

I find it really interesting that all of your complaints are the very same from a list sent to me by Pandora who runs Orangeberry, and who isn’t thrilled with me for holding her accountable for royally fucking up my book blog tour.

If they had fulfilled their end and done the job they were PAID to do, I would’ve had no complaint. As it stands, I had to prod them every week to actually DO the job. Too bad that calling her on it pissed her off and she sicced the hounds on me.

How professional. On all counts.

Thank you for perfectly demonstrating the meaning of my coined word “hillbully”. In the context of the book, the context clues would’ve told a literate person that it means: a stupid hillbilly fuck who likes to harm and bully geeks without provocation whatsoever. Well done, you.

And yes, I coined the word “hillbully” when I wrote the original manuscript back in 2004-2005. Deal with it.

As to the things you obviously don’t comprehend, copyright being one on a very long list–

my images are copyrighted, and you will take them down or you will pay attorney’s fees to my local copyright attorney. (Edit: Did I use the word “review” here? No. I did not.)

Websites like Amazon and Goodreads that display my photo or a photo of my book cover have my explicit permission, and I gave it to them to use. I did not give you any images to use at all. You do not have my permission. Public domain doesn’t mean “I found it on the internet”. Using the images is infringement, please remove them now.

You can write stupid, shitty reviews about books until the end of time. I really don’t care. I wrote this book twice, and edited it thoroughly to save myself. I really truly don’t care that you have no reading skills, and invented some sort of warped vendetta against me because you apparently have no life.

I don’t give half a furry rat’s crack about your friend in Indiana who didn’t like how I experienced Indiana.

Those people made my life a living hell.

I never said you didn’t read the book, I said the writers who took part in your smear campaign and personal attack on me haven’t. Taking the time to steal my images and create your cute little goat derivative work is really above and beyond not liking a possible misuse of commas.

You are a loon and a half.

My husband and I think it’s hilarious that the parts of the book that are the most true are the ones you think are contrived.

And with that– this is takedown notice number two. over and done with.
(show spoiler)

Excellent blog post by husband of reviewer
http://cabingoddess.com/2014/08/12/prepare-work-destroyed/
Are you confused about Morton or LeDonne? I don't know anything about LeDonne besides she asked for a review, got a review she didn't like, and freaked out on Morton.
Ahh, now I get it. There's only two authors here? I thought there was a...yeah, I've got it now.
We wrote about Bobby Adair's attack on Kriss Mortan on the blog last year.

Good thing she's a friend of Juicy's or else she'd be on Snot troll list by now. :/
GR has removed the post. :)
In the meantime there was another case of plagiarizm. Someone by the name of Clarissa Black plagiarized books by Aubrey Rose, and as it appears also by Viola Rivard and V.M. Black.

Amazon pulled, from what info I could get, no less than 13 stolen books, by Clarissa Black

Clarissa Black is not a goofreads author, but of course the books are still there.

Clarissa Black on goofreads

That´s the book that actually triggered the whole situation: City Girl, Mountain Bear

More info can be found at Aubrey Rose´s website

Aubrey Rose: I have been plagiarized
I am glad that a reader notified her.

Despicable creatures to steal like that. It is good news that Amazon acted quickly.

They need a method of sharing this type of info between the companies, though.
This is so sad. I've read a couple of Aubrey Rose's works, don't think i enjoyed them that much, but plagiarism is so so so wrong. And what's the point in paraphrasing anyway? It would take the same amount of time to write something original.
Author Andrea Dalling shares her views on one star reviews.

Are You Deranged or Simply a Half-educated Miscreant?
Foolish woman. I'm both.
This is actually a cute way to look at one star reviews. Cute, classy, and professional.

Beth Revis
Reply to post #1365 (show post):

This made me laugh.

"If the world were full of sensible people, there would be no 1-star reviews."

Which would mean that 2* reviews would be the new 1* reviews and she would say the same thing about 2* reviews, which would eventually bring us to the point where there were only 5* reviews.

Which just proves that some authors are nitwits.
Need help?