Binding the Shadows
In the third book in this beloved and “riveting” (Romantic Times) urban fantasy series, demon-friendly tiki bar owner Arcadia Bell discovers more about her own evolving, and possibly destructive, magical abilities when her bar is the target of a demonic crime wave. Renegade mage and bartender... show more
In the third book in this beloved and “riveting” (Romantic Times) urban fantasy series, demon-friendly tiki bar owner Arcadia Bell discovers more about her own evolving, and possibly destructive, magical abilities when her bar is the target of a demonic crime wave.
Renegade mage and bartender Arcadia Bell has had a rough year, but now the door to her already unstable world is unhinging. When a citywide crime wave erupts, Cady's demon-friendly tiki bar is robbed by Earthbounds wielding surreal demonic abilities that just flat-out shouldn't exist. With the help of her devilishly delicious boyfriend, Lon Butler, Cady sets out to find the people who wronged her—but her targets aren't the only ones experiencing unnatural metamorphoses. Can Cady track down the monsters responsible before the monster inside her destroys everything—and everyone—she loves? If she survives this adventure, one thing is certain: it's last call for life as she knows it
Publish date: 2013 (data przybliżona)
Publisher: Pocket Books
Edition language: English
Series: Arcadia Bell (#3)
Good plot with multiple story threads adding complexity to the characters and their relationships. Plus the the plot thickens! Book 2 had the best mystery, but BtS is focused on the character and preparing for book 4, the series conclusion. Binding the Shadows ends with a cliffhanger. It's going to ...
I enjoyed reading this book a lot, although there was some points that I didn't like. [spoiler] I wasn't thrilled to find out Nivella was dead and her mother not. [/spoiler] I guess the last book is about fixing that and hopefully learn more about Arcadia. I was glad to see that I was right about Mr...
I adore this series and I think it can be divided into 60% for the amazing romance and emotion between Lon and Cady. I LOVE THEM TOGETHER!! And the other 40% has to be Jupe. He's such a great kid. That last 10% of the book I think I was more or less in floods of tears but that ending alone has mad...
Binding the Shadows is the third book in the Arcadia Bell series and this time, Cady might not get out alive!As the synopsis tells us – There’s a crime wave happening in the city and it comes knocking on Cady’s bars door, injuring Kar-yee in the process and for some reason… Cady couldn’t do a thing....
Ah the 3rd book in this series and I'm still loving the characters. My only suggestion to Lon is to not be so taciturn when it comes to your emotions with the ones you love. Ah, but Lon is learning and is more open with Cady and his son then he was in the beginning of the series. Yes, there is a dad...