logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code

Characters, Emotion & Viewpoint: Techniques and Exercises for Crafting Dynamic Characters and Effective Viewpoints - Community Reviews back

by Nancy Kress
sort by language
J Lenni Dorner
J Lenni Dorner rated it 3 years ago
The earlier in one's writing career this book is read, the more enjoyable it will be. While I was able to find some useful tidbits, most of this book focused on that which I already knew. This reference guide is written in textbook style.
Amadan na Briona
Amadan na Briona rated it 5 years ago
Eventually, reading books about how to write is just another way to put off writing. I've said before that I think I've exhausted what I can gain from such books, not because I'm now the best writer I can be (I'm not, or at least I hope I'm not) but because you have to learn by doing, not by reading...
lonesomepoint
lonesomepoint rated it 6 years ago
This is a helpful book on creating character and one of the more helpful writing books I've read overall. As a writer, for some regrettable reason I have a hard time absorbing the lessons in writing books; this one actually reaches me somewhat. Excellent exercises. Writers should read it unless they...
JonathanPeto
JonathanPeto rated it 7 years ago
This book got me thinking about my writing even when the focus was old hat. What more could I ask for?
Mining the Depths
Mining the Depths rated it 7 years ago
Decent wrap of of the more technical aspects of writing: 'what it says on the tin' pretty much. Some good exercises at the end of the chapters (really, the only reason I go for "how to write" books.
Need help?