logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
David Pogue
David Pogue is the founder of YahooTech.com, having been groomed for the position by 13 years as the technology columnist for the New York Times. He’s also a monthly columnist for Scientific American, host of science shows on PBS’s “NOVA," frequent public speaker, and a science/tech correspondent... show more



David Pogue is the founder of YahooTech.com, having been groomed for the position by 13 years as the technology columnist for the New York Times. He’s also a monthly columnist for Scientific American, host of science shows on PBS’s “NOVA," frequent public speaker, and a science/tech correspondent for “CBS Sunday Morning."With over 3 million books in print, David is one of the world’s bestselling how-to authors. He wrote or co-wrote seven books in the “for Dummies” series (including Macs, Magic, Opera, and Classical Music); in 1999, he launched his own series of complete, funny computer books called the Missing Manual series, which now includes 120 titles. Having discovered that so many people don't know some of the most fundamental tech techniques on their tech gadgets, he set out in 2014 to write "Pogue's Basics," a single book that attempts to be the driver's ed course for technology. David graduated summa cum laude from Yale in 1985, with distinction in Music, and he spent ten years conducting and arranging Broadway musicals in New York. He’s won two Emmy awards, two Webby awards, a Loeb award for journalism, and an honorary doctorate in music. He’s been profiled on “48 Hours” and “60 Minutes.” He lives in Connecticut with his wife and three children.

show less
David Pogue's Books
Recently added on shelves
David Pogue's readers
Share this Author
Community Reviews
Wyvernfriend Reads
Wyvernfriend Reads rated it 3 years ago
About 90% of this is great, the other 10% can be encapsulated in this quote from page 217"For years, the most commonly chosen password in the world was, believe it or not, the word password."Fortunately, people are getting smarter. As of 2014, password was no longer the No. 1 most used password."The...
Boxes of Paper
Boxes of Paper rated it 7 years ago
I generally like the ...for Dummies books as introductions to a topic. Usually they are set up to keep the facts accessible to those of varying interests and don't take themselves too seriously. Opera for Dummies succeeds well in the first endeavour. They make opera approachable through well-thought...
mollysmommyreads
mollysmommyreads rated it 8 years ago
I liked it.
see community reviews
Need help?