logo

by Stephen Colbert
sort by language
Amara's Eden
Amara's Eden rated it 5 years ago
I Am a Pole (And So Can You!) is a picture book from comedian Stephen Colbert (of the Colbert Report), so it's pretty much exactly what you'd expect it to be.The cover showcases half-compliment, half-insult quotes from the late Maurice Sendak (whose two-part interview with Stephen Colbert can be see...
more focus, miss mori
more focus, miss mori rated it 6 years ago
Brilliant.
AmySea
AmySea rated it 6 years ago
This could actually almost be a children's book (the page about being a stripper pole makes this decidedly *not* a children's book), but as it turns out, it's a pretty good spoof of children's lit. It also turns out that I Am a Pole is surprisingly moving in a patriotic sort of way. It's a curious...
LeahSL
LeahSL rated it 6 years ago
He made a pole-ish joke.
Slightly Off Center Books
Slightly Off Center Books rated it 6 years ago
I thought this was hillarious. My favorite part was the back flap with the About the Author etc.
Gypsy Librarian on Books
Gypsy Librarian on Books rated it 6 years ago
The nice and inspirational story of a pole looking to find its purpose in life. It is a very cute book that captures Colbert's humor well in a very lighthearted way. Definitely one to recommend. It's short. It's cute.
elspeth's ephemeral musings
elspeth's ephemeral musings rated it 6 years ago
Very funny, loved it!
sarafrances
sarafrances rated it 7 years ago
aww, Maurice Sendak. =(
I'm A Book Shark
I'm A Book Shark rated it 7 years ago
Oh goodness. It's mostly funny, but the best part is that Tom Hanks reads this. There is some dialog at the beginning worth listening to between Colbert and Hanks. They're funny together :o) LOL It's worth the $2 on Audible!
Intensely Focused
Intensely Focused rated it 7 years ago
It was entertaining. Just a warning there's a part that are a little adult for a young child (the pole tries being a stripper pole). The drawings are cute as is the story. Be sure to check the inside flap in the front and back, that's entertaining, too.
Need help?