logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code

Jonathan Maberry - Community Reviews back

sort by language
Char's Horror Corner
Char's Horror Corner rated it 8 months ago
What a ride! Here we join Captain Ledger and the DMS team, once again facing bad publicity and once again, saving the world. Everyone is here, including Mr. Church, Aunt Sally and Ghost. Instead of Doctor Hu, we now have Doc Holiday, and, (of course), she's related to the real Doc Holiday. Thi...
Char's Horror Corner
Char's Horror Corner rated it 9 months ago
DOGS OF WAR was another hit with me! Ray Porter gives Joe Ledger heart. When Joe is worried about his family or about completing a mission, I worry right there along with him. Porter brings life to Maberry's work and they both have made Joe Ledger part of MY family. I would never have thought that...
Char's Horror Corner
Char's Horror Corner rated it 10 months ago
I know I’ve said this about previous books in this series, but this is my favorite entry as of now. Having the advantage of starting a series once it’s already finished-I know Joe will make it through. Everyone else though? I genuinely was afraid for Top, Bunny, Church, and the gang. I enjoye...
Char's Horror Corner
Char's Horror Corner rated it 11 months ago
This was another action packed thriller from the team of Jonathan Maberry, the author, and Ray Porter, the narrator. There was a bit of down time in this one, while Joe was out of the picture for a bit, but wow! Towards the end things accelerated so quickly I could barely catch my breath. I'm lo...
Char's Horror Corner
Char's Horror Corner rated it 11 months ago
The Joe Ledger series is a perfect example of how a great audiobook narrator can add to the magic of good writing. When both are combined together as they were in CODE ZERO? It's close to perfection. Mother Night was an excellent, well drawn character with all kinds of evil levels. Her plans to le...
Char's Horror Corner
Char's Horror Corner rated it 1 year ago
ASSASSIN'S CODE is another fine entry in the Joe Ledger series! Filled with Ledger's sense of humor and fighting nuclear terrorism on a global scale, this book featured everything I've come to love about this series. Yes, Grace is gone, but now we have Ghost to love, and Violin. (I'll say nothing ...
markk
markk rated it 1 year ago
I came across this last night while browsing the graphic novel section at my local B&N, and I decided to give it a try. It's about a virus that transforms 1% of the human population into vampires of all types, and the resulting clash with the remaining 99% of the human population. To be honest it ...
Char's Horror Corner
Char's Horror Corner rated it 1 year ago
This is my favorite of the series so far! There were lots of surprises here, a few gains and some substantial losses. All the things that keep this reader interested in continuing. I've been listening on audio and I love Ray Porter's voicing of Joe Ledger. In fact, he is the reason I've continue...
Char's Horror Corner
Char's Horror Corner rated it 1 year ago
Together, narrator Ray Porter and author Jonathan Maberry form an unbeatable team! I'm not going to write a full review because I'm way behind the times on this book, (it was published back in 2011.) Military/Action type books aren't really my thing, but with Ray Porter narrating, and Maberry writ...
Bookish Blerd
Bookish Blerd rated it 1 year ago
This is an excellent collection of stories based on the Colonial Marines as seen in the movie, Aliens. In each tale we were are introduced to new characters and different units of the marines. We're taken to different planets and moons and met with xenomorphs other than the ones we're familiar wit...
Need help?