Perspectives of a Citizen: The United States Elections and the rise of Donald Trump
An intriguing, compelling and eye opening exposé on the rise of Donald J Trump and how the press, analysts and consultants missed his rise and probable inevitable election against the Democratic nominee. Jeb Bush, the darling boy of the establishment would have done better if only he had said; I... show more
An intriguing, compelling and eye opening exposé on the rise of Donald J Trump and how the press, analysts and consultants missed his rise and probable inevitable election against the Democratic nominee. Jeb Bush, the darling boy of the establishment would have done better if only he had said; I will not have gone to Iraq. My brother made a mistake on hindsight, but unfortunately hindsight is always 50-50 vision. At the time, given intelligence presented there was 100% certainty it was right thing to do. Barrack Obama inherited a stable country and made the situation worse, contributing to the rise of terrorism. As president, I promise the American people I will fix all our country’s problems – create jobs, better our education systems, strengthen our defense systems and work with our allies to restore peace and stability in the Middle East. The conundrum, at the time Jeb Bush had not even formally announced he was running for president so he couldn’t promise the hope of change should be elected president.
In a 17 person race, a floor of 30% which Trump had meant the remaining 16 candidates were left to fight for 70% of the votes. In addition, the media failed to properly acknowledge the almost nonexistent volatility in Trump’s early numbers. Trumps voting floor ensured he had only about 5% volatility in 17 man race. His competitors on the other hand had a 0% floor and a maximum threshold of 70%. Casually this appeared a fairly easy task surmount, after all a breakout candidate could have attained a reasonable 50% to surpass Trump’s 30%. The problem is none of the remaining candidates was capable of achieving that. Rick Perry, a former governor of Texas was the first to call it quits on September 11, 2015, 2 months after he gave an epic raging speech against Trump. One by one Trump’s competitors withered and dropped out. Throughout this period, political consultants and analysts were at their best wondering why someone they think had no grasp of issues will be trouncing his competitors.
This book is the first of its kind. Enjoy pieces of excerpts taken from 200+ page book Perspectives of a Citizen coming in December 2016.