Acupuncture is a form of treatment, which relies on very thin needles being inserted into the skin. The philosophy originates from Ancient Chinese Medicine. It is based on the belief that processes in the body are controlled by the vital energy flow of qi. It travels through the body via pathways – meridians. If these pathways become blocked or obstructed, certain illnesses and discomfort follow. With acupuncture, experts can work on the blockages and restore the natural flow of qi.
Acupuncture nowadays has been proven to work for many conditions and improve overall health. It may be utilised as a pain reduction treatment, as well as to treat everyday stress. Patients with certain neurological conditions report feeling much better after acupuncture. Here is more about the benefits of acupuncture and why you should consider the treatment:
- Stress reduction – the main reason people want to see an acupuncturist lies with their need to reduce stress. One key factor to that lies with restoring their energy balance and triggering specific nervous system responses. Acupuncture works well in terms of stress relief because it lowers the hormones that lead to stress. It also improves mood significantly and lessens the feelings of anxiety. It triggers a response in the body to release natural feel-good hormones, which is in most cases enough to work well for stress relief.
- Reduces pain in the back and joints – another major plus of acupuncture lies in its use as a pain relief method. It works on tension in the back and neck area of the body, alleviating the discomfort you feel in the joints. As a drug-free treatment for pain, it is effective with no side effects.
- Treatment for headache – many people struggling with chronic headaches and migraine often resort to medication, but acupuncture has also been proven to relieve some of the pain. Study after study shows that the treatment is effective at reducing not just the frequency, but also the severity of the headaches. In some instances, it proved to be even more effective than medication for tension headaches.
- Enhances mental clarity – with stress often comes brain fog, which can rob a person of their capacity to focus and concentrate and to think well. With acupuncture treatment, it is possible to address brain fog as a method for inducing relaxation and dealing with the problem in a non-invasive and risk-free way.
- Deals with digestive problems – there are many digestive problems, which occur for different reasons – heartburn, irritable bowel syndrome and constipation are just some of the most common ones. If your digestive system is not working all too well, your overall health will also decline. With acupuncture treatment, you can regulate the digestive process better and bring yourself great relief from the common ailments of this nature.
- Better sleep – if you maintain a good energy balance in your body, you can sleep without any issues. Acupuncture treatment in scientific trials has shown great promise in alleviating some of the struggles of people with insomnia. According to some of the results, acupuncture was better than certain medications and the benefit from the treatment was proven more effective.
- Improves fertility – for couples who are having trouble with fertility, acupuncture could be the treatment to come in handy. It works by optimising reproductive hormones, with subsequent treatments helping with healthy pregnancies in women.
Acupuncture is a wonderful choice for many people, who have trouble with their health. It is a risk-free treatment that works well on both men and women of all ages.