Facebook is now the most popular social media platform and has the highest number of users in the world. Throughout the years, Facebook has undergone several changes that have made this social networking more engaging and attractive. Now, in order to make it more convenient for users to communicate with their friends and family, Facebook has also introduced the messenger app.
One of the best thing about Facebook messenger is that not only it allows the users to do instant messaging but also send images, videos, stickers, GIF and many more. However, there are certain technical errors affixed to the Facebook messenger that hinder the users from using this app in a full-fledged way. Well, if you are experiencing this issue, then there is no need to worry much. In this blog, we will be talking about this error in details and will also provide a solution to fix it manually. So let us get started. Generally, there could be plenty of reason for the emergence of this error. It could either be due to a virus attack on the software, or it may require an update. This issue how troublesome may look can be resolved easily in few steps.
eps to fix FB messenger issue working issue on Phone
- The first thing that you can try is to restart your phone and see whether the app again works or not.
- Secondly, try to force stop the Facebook messenger app and clear all the caches and temporary files.
- Thirdly, you can also try reinstalling the messenger app as there could be trouble during the time of installation.
- Fourthly, if all the above steps do not work, download any web browser in your phone, and try to sign into a messenger from the browser. After that, if the messenger works on the browser, then your phone might be not compatible with the Facebook messenger app.
Steps to Fix Facebook Messenger issue on Browser
- Firstly, delete the caches files of your browser as it might be the main culprit behind the issue.
- Secondly, remove all the extension or add-ons that you no longer use or are incompatible.
- Thirdly, check whether messenger works on other browsers. If yes, then chances are that there could be certain issues with your current browser.
Wrapping it up, by following the points mentioned above carefully, you will definitely be able to fix the issue Facebook messenger not working both on phone and system. However, if you are still not able to fix this issue or need any other information related to FB, then you can directly contact Facebook help center and take the professional assistance. Further, if you are not able to find the contact details, then you can visit the site of contactforhelp, an online directory trusted widely by the people of the USA and Canada.