Breast pump devices enable women to express breast milk and store it for later use. These are especially useful for working mothers nursing a newborn. Breast pumps gaining eligibility for reimbursement under the Affordable Care Act is a key trend promoting its adoption in the U.S. Working mothers usually prefer automatic electronic breast pumps. These automatic breast pumps have adjustable suction level and variable cycling time, which offers enhanced comfort to the use. Double pumps help reduce pumping time as they drain both breasts simultaneously and more effectively.
Request For a Sample Copy of This Research Report:
This report segments the global breast pumps market on the basis of product design, technology and end user. On the basis of product design, the global breast pumps market is segmented as open system and closed system. The market is classified on the basis of technology as manual pumps, single-electric pumps, and double-electric pumps. On the basis of end user, the global breast pumps market is classified as homecare settings, hospitals, and maternity centers.
Key features of the study:
- This report provides in-depth analysis of breast pumps and provides market size (US$ Million) and Cumulative Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) (%) for the forecast period (2016 – 2024), considering 2015 as the base year
- It elucidates potential revenue opportunity across different segments and explains attractive investment proposition matrix for this market
- This study also provides key insights about market drivers, restraints, opportunities, new product launches or approval, regional outlook, and competitive strategy adopted by the leading players
- It profiles leading players in the global breast pumps market based on the following parameters – company overview, financial performance, product portfolio, geographical presence, distribution strategies, key developments and strategies and future plans
- Key companies covered as a part of this study include Medela AG, Ameda Breastfeeding Solutions, Philips AVENT, Lansinoh Laboratories, Inc., Hygeia Medical Group, Whittlestone, Inc., Bailey Medical, Energizer Personal Care, LLC (Playtex Baby), Jarden Corporation, Handi-Craft Company, and Mayborn Group Limited
Insights from this report would allow marketers and the management authorities of the companies to make informed decision regarding their future product launch, technology up-gradation, market expansion and marketing tactics
Global Breast Pumps Market, By Product Design:
Global Breast Pumps Market, By Technology:
Global Breast Pumps Market, By Pumping System:
Increasing disposable incomes and favorable reimbursement policies driving demand for electric breast pumps
Automated electric pumps with double pump system offer convenience to women in expressing breast milk. Increasing insurance coverage and availability of reimbursement policies is driving adoption of electric breast pumps in developed markets. Aftermarket for electric breast pumps has witnessed major traction in recent years, wherein renting is an affordable option for women, especially in developing countries. The single-electric breast pump segment is projected to expand at a CAGR of 5.9% during the forecast period (2016 – 2024). However, these devices are bulky and cumbersome to carry, inhibiting adoption to a certain extent.
Battery-powered systems are a more practical solution for on-the-go users. Thus, due to better features and benefits offered by electric and battery-powered breast pumps, demand for manually operated breast pumps is projected to experience a downward spiral during the forecast period.
Technologically advanced breast pumps to replace manually operated breast pumps
In November 2016, Medela AG launched Sonata—a smart breast pump connected to a mobile app MyMedela. This system aids mothers to track baby’s activities, get access to expert tips, get real-time notifications, and track specific preset goals.
Download the PDF brochure:
About Coherent Market Insights:
Coherent Market Insights is a prominent market research and consulting firm offering action-ready syndicated research reports, custom market analysis, consulting services, and competitive analysis through various recommendations related to emerging market trends, technologies, and potential absolute dollar opportunity.