Meditation is one of the best techniques to relax. The benefits of meditation are improved clarity, increased concentration, calm mind and the relaxation of body and mind. The regular sessions of meditation under the guidance of the meditation teacher in Terrigal has a profound effect on three domains such as mental, physical and spiritual.
With regular practice of meditation, every cell gets filled with life. The individual get filled with peace, joy and enthusiasm. Moreover, meditation brings your brain into the state of alpha that promotes healing. It makes your mind beautiful and fresh.
Meditation improves mood and reduces everyday stress
It is a simple technique that can be practiced minimum for 10 minutes. It helps to manage stress, anxiety and improve cardiovascular health. When your body is exposed to sudden threat or stress, then body reacts as a fight or flight response. This adrenaline rush is a result of release of hormones like adrenaline and noradrenaline. It increases heart rate, blood pressure, breathing and blood flow. Thus, doing meditation on a regular basis train your mind and body to achieve the state of relaxation. Relaxation results in the reduction of breathing, blood pressure and pulse rate. Thus, it improves mood, digestion, lowers blood pressure and daily stress.
How to meditate?
Meditation comprises a silent repetition of a sound, word and phrase. It requires to sit quietly with closed eyes and good posture for 10 to 20 minutes. The meditation must be done in a quiet place that is free from distractions. Feel that your muscles from feet to your face are getting relaxed. You must focus to breathe from your nose. During meditation, ignore all the intruding thoughts and worries. Try to ignore all the outside sound, phrases and words.
Tips for beginners
You are advised to start meditation under the supervision of the Meditation teacher in Terrigal. However, we are discussing simple tips that can help you to start meditation
- Start with two minutes- Start with two minutes and if it goes well then you can increase the time for another two minutes.
- Meditate in the morning- Set a reminder every morning to get up and do meditation.
- Don’t worry, just meditate - You might be thinking about how and where to meditate. Don’t over think just start meditation
- Analyse how you feel- Analyse how you feel after some sessions of meditation. Are you feeling tired, anxious or busy?
- Count your breaths- Focus on your breath. Count your breaths.
- Don’t lose hope- It is very common that your mind will wander here and there but it is perfectly fine. Count one and two and start again.
- Don’t worry if you are going wrong- Just feel happy that you are doing meditation and try to focus on your thought process
Meditation is coming into mainstream as people of all ages are benefitted by it. Multinational companies offer courses in mindfulness and meditation for their employees. Doctors also recommend meditation to improve health and reduce stress.