This article talks about the ingenious tips to keep in mind if you seek to make a mobile app for your retail store to offer the service of on-demand delivery.
Apps have not just shoved people into different kinds of entertainment like gaming, live music and video streaming, but have also been offering lots of convenience in their day to day living styles. On-demand delivery services are one of them! Right at their fingertips, they can now order food from a popular restaurant, hire a cab, buy groceries, get laundry services, appoint housemaids/petsitters/babysitters, get laundry services and what not! While the key purpose behind many entrepreneurs in bringing on-demand services or delivery apps is to amplify their market reach without expanding their stores. App developers in Australia and other parts of the world have also agreed to the hyper-demand for instant delivery apps in all kinds of businesses because they are built with features that helped their sales customer base to grow remarkably.
Well, here this complete guide will help you to get started with such a delivery app development for your established retail business with an expert app development company.
Choose the category of your app
You need to decide if the app will be a B2P (business to person) or B2B (business to business) delivery app. This, of course, depends on the type of customers you target as a retail merchandiser, i.e. whether you will deliver products to individual customers at their doorstep or to small retail shops or distributors. This decision is necessary at first because the features of the app will depend on that.
Knowing well how the delivery process works
A delivery app has to be built considering 3 key agents, the retailer (the service giver), delivery agent (intermediary) and customers (the service receiver). The process of delivery accompanying these agents takes through these steps:
Consider the elementary features of the app
This is the most essential part of the guide as the features decide the fate of the app or how far it can benefit your targeted customers. Missing any one of them is not affordable.
- Hassle-free Registration: Customers should be able to register in the with easy ways, through their existing emails and social accounts.
- Sleek process for placing orders: Easier process of placing orders should be provided features of quick product search, filtering in menus, re-ordering, wish list addition, real-time chat or call.
- Order tracking: The app shall help provide minute details of order delivery, i.e. from the allocation of a delivery executive to the route taken for delivery and time needed.
- Push notifications: It is essential to keep customers informed about the new things you’re offering, even if they are not using it for some time.
- Mobile payments: With the world going for cashless transactions, make sure to integrate mobile or ePayments options in your app with integrations like PayPal, Amazon Pay or Google Pay.
- Incentives or rewards: Give bonus offers, discount coupons or reward points for every purchase to keep the interests of customers hooked.
- Feedback or ratings: Give your customers the option to give genuine feedback, rate your products or delivery services.
While the use of on-demand delivery service app has surged so much for their ease of use, easy payment options, timely deliveries and trustworthiness, it's time you consider one for your retail business.
Johan Smith is one of the expert App developers in Australia working at GetAProgrammer, who has mastered the latest app development tools and technologies to create incredible apps for businesses. GetAProgrammer is a premier mobile app development company in Sydney that strives to help businesses go mobile with intuitive and user-friendly apps.