Canon printers are considered to be the best device for printing up documents and data. But often they encounter various issues like paper jamming, installation issue or setup difficulty. Therefore to resolve Canon Printer paper jam issue or to troubleshoot the installation issue the user needs to follow certain steps. It is obvious that the printer would be of no use if it does not work until the user installs the included drivers and software. If the user has lost the CD for the printer, then they can download the drivers for the printer and use the drivers to install the printer. Therefore, to follow up the simple steps of setup and installation, the user can comprehend the following factors:
How to Fix and Setup Canon Printer?
For Canon wireless printer setup the user needs to follow up the following steps:
Connecting the Printer to the System
- Connect the printer to the network either using a USB cord, parallel port wire, or a cable and then can connect the power plug to a power outlet.
- A laptop system works the same way as a PC system and can use any of the connections if they are available.
- Smartphone and tablet users must have a printer that can connect to media wirelessly or over the Internet to reprint.
Setup Printer and Install Software
- Each printer comes with software used to install a printer in Windows or the operating system.
- After everything has been switched in the system, the user has to follow the steps for Canon Printer Setup
- Insert the CD that arrived with the printer. If the CD does not automatically begin, open the setting of "My Computer." Double tap on the CD drive, and then tap on the setup or Install file. If the user has downloaded the drivers, run the downloaded setup folder.
- Follow the installation steps, and once it is completed, the software is then installed.
- Test the printer to make sure it is working.
Computer with no CD Drive
If the system does consist of a disc drive or the CD is lost, then the user can download the software for the printer from the manufactures printers’ driver page. Once the drivers have been downloaded, the user can run the file to install the drivers.
Installing a Printer only using the Drivers
- If the user wants the Canon printer setup then they have to connect with the extra software programs, the user can install the printer driver by following the steps below.
- A listing of printer drivers and software is on the printer driver’s page.
- With the printer connected and switched on, open the Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel double-click the Printers or Printers and Fax icon.
- In the Printers window, tap the “add printers” icon.
- After performing the above instructions, the user should see the Windows Printer Wizard. Tap next to start the wizard.
- Next, the user has the choice of installing a Local or Network printer. If the printer is connected to the system, select the Local printer attached to the system and tap Next.
- When indicated for the location of the printer drivers, scan to the directory of the drivers or point it to the printer CD.
Testing the Printer
After the Canon printer installation is completed, the user can use Windows to print a self-test page to help test the printer is working.
- Open the Control Panel.
- Double-tap the Devices and Printers, Printers, or Printers and Fax option.
- Tap on the printer, which the user needs to test. Tap properties option. If the user does not see the printer, the printer is not installed.
- In the Printers Properties window, tap the print test page option.
- If the printer can print a test option, the printer is installed and set up correctly. However, if the user is unable to reproduce in other programs, the program is attempting to write from has issues.
If the user still has issues on how to install and setup Canon Printer on the system, then they can contact the helpline service of Canon Customer support number. The professionals would provide with easy fixes and detailed instructions.