The chart of accounts in QuickBooks will show you the list of your company’s balances and accounts. With the help of the list, you can organize your transactions on your tax and reports forms. Apart from this, you will also come to know about the money you have and owe in every account. Chart of accounts QuickBooks will provide you the complete company’s balance and accounts. It will help you in keeping your data in one place. Let’s move ahead and discover the need to export the chart of accounts.
Certainly, creating a company file in a well-organized manner is a major task that will take lots of effort and time. Besides, exporting chart of accounts in QB will help you in streamlining your work. Let’s learn the procedure of how to export chart of accounts in QuickBooks with the easy to implement steps.
Procedure to Export Chart of Accounts in QuickBooks
- First of all, you need to open the company file in QuickBooks.
- Then after, you have to find the chart of accounts that you want to export.
- Now, you are required to select a file from the taskbar.
- You will be going to utilities option and select export.
- With this, choose lists option to IIF files.
- You will see a list appearing on your screen.
- Then, you will be choosing a chart of accounts option.
- Afterwards, save a dialogue box that will be visible on your system screen.
- Finally, you will be saving the file.
Converting the file for Microsoft Excel
After exporting the file, you are required to convert to the right format for opening it in Excel. This will help you in permitting to import the file back to QB.
Convert the File
- Initially, you need to open excel on your PC screen.
- After that, you are required to search for data from the taskbar.
- Then, you need to click on text option.
- With this, a dialogue box will be shown as an import text file.
- Now, you have to go to the folder where saved the chart of accountants is already saved.
- The next step is to search for the text import wizard.
- You are required to utilize it for searching your chosen IIF file.
- With this, you have to open the file and follow these steps properly:
- You will be selecting the file that you want to export and choose the delimited option.
- You need to click next.
- Finally, you have to choose the column data format and then you need to click on the general option.
Save the File
- To begin with, you need to select the location to import the file.
- Then after, choose the worksheet option and click on the okay option.
- You will be going to the file drop-down menu and then click on the save option.
- In the end, your file will be saved in an excel sheet format.
Hopefully, you have got to know the process to import chart of accounts into QuickBooks.
Indeed, the blog has clearly explained you about chart of accounts QuickBooks in a detailed manner. Along with this, it has also informed you about the need to export QuickBooks chart of accounts to excel. The comprehensive information is given to you for QuickBooks export chart of accounts, so that it’s become easy for you to understand each step.
If you want to know about chart of accounts QuickBooks or export QuickBooks to excel, then dial Toll-free QuickBooks Online Support Phone Number 888-986-7735.
Read Also :
- QuickBooks error 6000
- QuickBooks component repair tool
- QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- QuickBooks file doctor