logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code

The Scandalous, Dissolute, No-Good Mr. Wright - Community Reviews back

by Tessa Dare
sort by language
DemonessTenebrae
DemonessTenebrae rated it 7 months ago
This is a novella written by Tessa Dare. It is a standalone story that isn't related to any of the author's series of books. As novellas go, this story is pretty short, it spans through several years and you have a few chapters that start with one year later so a lot of the story is 'missing'. Bas...
Linz Loves Romance
Linz Loves Romance rated it 3 years ago
I bought this Tessa Dare novella after seeing it on Cat's Best: Romance Best Romance Novels of 2015 (not pubbed in 2015). I absolutely loved it. Eliza is the youngest of four sisters and must wait for her debut. She's frustrated (understandably so) and feisty. Told across a series of social events--...
Cat's Books: Romance
Cat's Books: Romance rated it 3 years ago
When a girl meets a rake... Miss Eliza Cade is a lady in waiting. And waiting. Because of a foolish mistake in her youth, she's not allowed "out" in Society until her three older sisters are wed. But while she's trying to be good, she keeps bumping elbows--and more distressingly, lips--with notoriou...
Rachel's books
Rachel's books rated it 4 years ago
I started out hating Harry, but then as things go (as they should) and certain events happen, my opinion changed. I wasn't crazy about the length of time this novella covered (4 years!). Harry and Eliza's relationship developed slowly over the years. Also not crazy about story-lines where the "he...
rachelruetz
rachelruetz rated it 5 years ago
Sort of like Pride and Prejudice. With, you know, smut.
heidenkind
heidenkind rated it 5 years ago
Overall pretty fun, although it had a prologue and that kind of pissed me off. A prologue in a novella? Really.
Lisa/Rogues Under the Covers
Lisa/Rogues Under the Covers rated it 6 years ago
For a novella, I usually prefer the couple to have know each other previously for the story to work better in the shorter space but in this one they don't...and it still works! Miss Eliza Cade made a foolish mistake when she was younger and pays for it now by not being able to have a Season until h...
iola
iola rated it 6 years ago
The book was going well, and then it just finished at the 80% mark... the remaining 20% was promotion for the author's other titles. I have no objection to that - except I think authors should limit the promotion to around 5% of the total Kindle word count.
Ilze
Ilze rated it 6 years ago
Tessa Dare's story is very good, but I couldn't finish Courtney Milan's (the hero's financial difficulties didn't keep my interest). Leigh Lavalle's story is OK.
inconceivably
inconceivably rated it 6 years ago
You guys, my first reaction upon reading The Scandalous, Dissolute, No-Good Mr. Wright by Tessa Dare was “whoa.” Actually, that was my reaction over and over again while reading this novella. I loved Tessa Dare already, her Spindle Cove series is wonderful and she is one of the only historical roman...
Need help?