logo

by Leo Tolstoy, Jon J. Muth
sort by language
Mrs. Thornton's Classroom Library
Mrs. Thornton's Classroom Library rated it 3 months ago
With its reading level ranging from K-5, this book is amazing for any classroom! The main character, Nikolai struggles to decide what the right thing to do is. He has many questions throughout the story and when faced with a decision, realizes in the end an important lesson about the present and the...
Ama's Picture Books
Ama's Picture Books rated it 5 years ago
by Jon J. Muth I enjoy Muth's style very much. This book is very similar to Zen Stories and Zen Ghosts. An interesting tale with a moral (perhaps insight is a better term?) at the end.
Kaethe
Kaethe rated it 7 years ago
I like Muth's style, even when, as here, I don't care about the source material of his story. This is, even for a philosophy lesson, a bit heavy handed.Library copy,
Bashara Likes Books
Bashara Likes Books rated it 8 years ago
There are few messages more important (in my mind) than that of living in the moment. I believe so much good can be accomplished by simply showing up and being present in your own life. Jon Muth does such a nice job of conveying weighty philosophical concepts without arrogance, pretension or conde...
TsalagiWriter
TsalagiWriter rated it 8 years ago
I really couldn't get into this book at first, but a bit later on it got interesting and it actually is a pretty good story that teaches a good lesson.
Need help?