Waiter Rant: Thanks for the Tip--Confessions of a Cynical Waiter
According to The Waiter, 80 percent of customers are nice people just looking for something to eat. The remaining 20 percent, however, are socially maladjusted psychopaths. Eye-opening, outrageous, and unabashed—replete with tales of customer stupidity, arrogant misbehavior, and unseen tidbits... show more
According to The Waiter, 80 percent of customers are nice people just looking for something to eat. The remaining 20 percent, however, are socially maladjusted psychopaths. Eye-opening, outrageous, and unabashed—replete with tales of customer stupidity, arrogant misbehavior, and unseen tidbits of human grace in the most unlikely places—Waiter Rant presents the server's unique point of view, revealing surefire secrets to getting good service, proper tipping etiquette, and ways to ensure that your waiter won't spit on your food.
Publish date: July 21st 2009
Publisher: Harper Perennial
Pages no: 336
Edition language: English
, Food And Drink
, Book Club
, Biography Memoir
book does not deserve the 1-star reviews that are cluttering up the front page of its entry. Dublanica merely provides an easy target-- you'd be a trifle hesitant to 1-star, say, a book written by a executioner or some celebrity CEO who theoretically could have you fired by the next business day, bu...
As a life-long waitress, this book spoke to me. Loved his humor. Loved his tales of server mishaps. Good read for anyone who has ever done this for a living.
Although this is ostensibly a collection of a waiter's experiences on the job, I hesitate to shelve it in non-fiction. Dublanica so clearly takes artistic licenses that very little rings true. There are a few sections that seem real, but the majority of this book is either Dublanica talking about ...
I didn't like this book that much, I'm sorry to say. I'm sorry to say so because it came highly recommended by a close friend of mine, because it's about an industry I'm intrigued by, and because the author often cites theological, historical, and psychological points I find utterly fascinating. It ...
There really needs to be a button that says - 'half read'. I picked this up at the airport on our way to our honeymoon as a quick and quirky beach read but I got about page 160 and gave up. Yes, even though the first 50 pages half intrigued me, I thought a plot would envail ... it didn't, so I gav...