logo

by Elizabeth Wurtzel
sort by language
Girl Interrupted Reading
Girl Interrupted Reading rated it 3 years ago
This is one of those books that when you read at the right time in your life the feeling is indescribable.
LunaLuss
LunaLuss rated it 4 years ago
This book enlightened me on depression. Now I'm more aware of what it means to be depressed. The book is well written, BUT some events are too details that it did not appeal to me.
SakuraMorimoto
SakuraMorimoto rated it 5 years ago
a good book if you want insight of depression and the world of prozac. i really enjoyed the book and also the movie.
SakuraMorimoto
SakuraMorimoto rated it 5 years ago
Julia's Book Haven
Julia's Book Haven rated it 5 years ago
This book is some heavy reading. I want to say I enjoyed it but that just doesn't seem like the right word. Appreciated it is better I think. The way Elizabeth Wurtzel wrote this book makes it seem like she is just sitting beside you telling you her story. Her voice is an easy one to read. As someon...
I'll think of a damn title later
I'll think of a damn title later rated it 5 years ago
Here's the thing: I don't know how to rate this. I loved it in college, when I was going through an emotional crisis so severe that I had to drop out, but upon rereads and further reflection, I realize that this book sort of suffered from "wrong candidate, right time."Wurtzel's description of depres...
There Might Be Cupcakes and Books
There Might Be Cupcakes and Books rated it 6 years ago
Reading this book, I kept thinking that her symptoms seemed to reflect bipolar disorder, perhaps complicated by BPD, rather than a depressive disorder. The chaos, the neediness, the need for others to prove their love, and, most telling, others' responses to her behavior spoke to me as BPD...which w...
Just a book blog
Just a book blog rated it 6 years ago
Prozac Nation is a memoir describing the author’s struggle with depression.
Edward
Edward rated it 7 years ago
Prologue: I Hate Myself and I Want to Die--Prozac Nation: Young & Depressed in America, a memoirEpilogue: Prozac NationAfterwordAcknowledgements
Edward