Fracture Point by Jeff Altabef is not my first foray into his worlds and I can say for a fact that it will not be my last.
Fracture Point made me feel as if our future was held be
tween the pages…and it is frightening.
The release date is set for June 26, 2017.
Cover by D Robert Pease
Amazon / Goodreads
Let me start by saying, make sure you have no plans…nowhere to go, nothing to do…because once you start reading, Fracture Point will take you down a path that will not let you go until the last word is read.
Is this what the future holds for us?
Warren Scott, well, he got my attention from the opening chapter and I felt nothing good was going to come from knowing him. He has a secret and he won’t share…yet. There is nothing he won’t do to win and revels in the evil he doles out to anyone who crosses him…or sometimes just because it feels good. Psychopath is too nice a word for him.
Jack is working a banquet for the richy rich and was hooking up with one of their wives. He was after info, but got more than he bargained for when he found a flash drive.
Once their paths cross, others become involved in the race to save Jack’s life and their own, running at a frenetic pace, making me worry and fret, wondering who will survive.
Fracture Point is a frightening glimpse into America’s future…voters rights taken away, the poor are discounted as lesser human beings, and terrorism is used to create fear and manipulate the people. Does any of this ring a bell?
They are at a Fracture Point, the point where a spark can set their world ablaze.
Fracture Point hits all the buttons for a heart pumping, blood boiling, terrorizing suspense thriller that smacks of realism, with big business and the 1% taking everything and leaving nothing for the 99% struggling to survive.
Is this what OUR world is coming to? Will it take a Civil War to wake up the leaders? What happens when the American Dream is dead, there is no hope left and we feel backed into a corner with nothing to lose?
CAUTION – Kindle is at risk of being thrown.
I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of Fracture Point by Jeff Altabef.
A mysterious scarlet haired jazz singer.
A rebel on a motorcycle.
And a killer with a penchant for torture.
Food is scarce, good jobs the rarity, and big brother is watching everyone. Will Jack and Tom’s family be torn apart in the mayhem, and how far will one brother go to save the other’s life?
In 2041, America is rife with ghettos and armed checkpoints, and poverty runs rampant.
A bloody civil war is brewing, and everyone will be forced to take a side. Education is the only way out of a life where you’re never sure where your next meal will come from, or what you’ll have to do to get it. Tom aced his assessment tests and scored an education contract, giving him a way out of poverty. Jack isn’t so lucky.
When Jack, a spy for a rebel fraction, goes missing, only his brother Tom can unravel the mystery of his disappearance. He will risk everything to save his brother from Warren, a killer who enjoys torturing his victims and making them beg for mercy. On a mission, Tom plunges into a world filled with mystery and danger. When he also discovers that his family has been keeping secrets from him—secrets that threaten to doom them all—he doesn’t know whom to trust.
Tom must break every rule he’s lived by, and go head-to-head with a psychopath if he’s to have any chance of saving his brother—and just maybe, keep America from reaching the fracture point.
ABOUT JEFF ALTABEF
Jeff Altabef is an award-winning author who lives in New York with his wife, two daughters, and Charlie the dog. He spends time volunteering at the writing center in the local community college. After years of being accused of “telling stories,” he thought he would make it official. He writes in both the thriller and young adult genres.
In the Young Adult genre, Jeff co-authored the Chosen Trilogy with his teenaged daughter, Erynn. The Chosen Series has won multiple awards including the 2015 Readers’ Favorite Gold Medal for Best Coming of Age Novel, the 2015 Beverly HIlls Book Award for Best YA Fiction, and a Mom’s Choice Award.
As an avid Knicks fan, Jeff is prone to long periods of melancholy during hoops season. Jeff has a column on The Examiner focused on writing and a blog designed to encourage writing by those who like telling stories.
You can connect with Jeff on his website, Facebook, Twitter & Newsletter.
MY REVIEWS FOR JEFF ALTABEF
- You can see my Giveaways HERE.
- You can see my Reviews HERE.
- If you like what you see, why don’t you follow me?
- Leave your link in the comments and I will drop by to see what’s shakin’.
- Thanks for visiting!