logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: My-reviews
Load new posts () and activity
review 2018-06-19 18:57
Servant of the Undead by Isabelle Drake
Servant of the Undead - Isabelle Drake

I don’t think this book is going to be a book for everyone but if you like a little monster mixed in with your erotica it may just be the book for you.

Hayden is a young guy doing a little zombie sex-cult research for a junk rag in the library when he is approached by a gorgeous woman wearing little more than a mini-skirt and a few scraps of rags. She’s dripping (it’s storming out, you pervs), she is icy cold and she smells weird. He knows deep down that something is not quite right here but he has sex with her anyway (hey, she offered!) and now he’s in way over his head. Turns out she’s the sort of zombie that he has just been researching. What are the odds, do you think?! She lets him know that he is her newest sex pet and he must perform whenever she feels the need to “feed” which is quite often, it turns out. She feeds off of sex, by the way, instead of brains and he has no way to fend her off because she easily compels him with her eyes and her beautiful body.

“You don’t understand yet, do you? Let me explain. You belong to me now. Until I’m done with you, that is.”

She chains him, she drugs him and, if you ask me, it serves him right! He has a girlfriend who he has cheated on and now because of his dick and his weakness, she’s caught up in all of this weirdness. He is one of the world’s worst boyfriends and feels bad for brief moments but not bad enough to figure a way out of the situation. And nearly not bad enough for me to feel bad for him as I reveled in his debasement!

This book is something else. I cannot honestly say that I liked any of the characters with the exception of Rachelle, the cuckolded but good-natured girlfriend, because they’re all pretty despicable creatures who do terrible things and think terrible thoughts but I couldn’t put it down. It’s a sexy, strange read with loads of dubious consent and a few humiliating episodes but nothing overly gross or truly disturbing (says me who has read some AWFUL stuff in the past, pee & poo stuff if you must know, so your mileage may vary). Be warned though, if dubious consent or the inability to consent scares you off because that stuff is here in several scenes. None of it gets too dark or disgusting and it’s not filled with angst and emotional despair. It was all rather amusing in a dark, dubiously sexy sort of way.

I’d give it a 3 1/2 because the story did get a wee bit convoluted towards the last half but it still managed to keep me entertained.

Thanks to Netgalley & the publisher for providing me with an ARC.

review 2018-06-19 16:53
Review: “The Flesh Cartel #9: Trials and Errors (The Flesh Cartel Season 3: Transformation)” (The Flesh Cartel, #9) by Rachel Haimowitz & Heidi Belleau
The Flesh Cartel #9: Trials and Errors (The Flesh Cartel Season 3: Transformation) - Heidi Belleau,Rachel Haimowitz

review 2018-06-18 23:52
Whether somethings a good surprise or surprisingly good...
The Werewolf's Fae Mate - Liv Rider

it's still full of goodness. When I read the blurb for this it just sounded like too good of a story to pass up on, so I didn't.

Oscar's never known anything about his past and when he suddenly becomes the focus of attention for more than a few members of the paranormal community...vampires, elves, werewolves. His life becomes a whole lot more adventurous and luckily it's one of those members who turns out to be his salvation.

When Mahon investigates mysterious happenings at a dance club and follows the magical trail that's been left expecting to find an arrogant and powerful paranormal he's more than a little surprised to find an unknowing, innocent and utterly adorable elf named Oscar along with his small, furry and fearless cat.

I loved Oscar. He was this adorable guy who while totally clueless about his heritage, totally knew what he wanted to do with the big, hunky alpha male who came knocking on his door.  He also had the best cat ever...seriously that little furball had no sense of self-preservation...zero, zip, zilch, nada! But his protective instincts were awesome...Oscar was his people and he was going to protect him no matter what.

Next we have Mahon...the big, tough, alpha male who while he was initially clueless as to why his instincts about Oscar were so strong it didn't stop him from acting on them...sort of because heaven forbid he let Oscar know how much he cared.

These two guys were so worried about scaring each other off that...well, that's what they did. Luckily for Mahon, he has a twin, Aidan who's more than happy to talk some sense into his head...and there's another story that I want to find out more about but hopefully Aidan will be another story and who knows maybe we'll find out more about Zeke as well...I mean what's a paranormal story without a Succubus, right?

Liv Rider is a new to me author and I was so pleasantly surprised with how much I enjoyed this story my only regret like some of my friends is that there wasn't more. This is a short read at somewhere around the 100 page mark and it has the potential to be longer...with a lot more character and world building before it even begins to wear thin. There are more than a few interesting secondary characters whom I would love to see the author give stories to and just to see the world that's begun in this book expanded would definitely be an enjoyable adventure, but in the meantime if you like paranormal and you're looking for a fairly fast paced and enjoyable story I definitely recommend 'The Werewolf's Fae Mate'.

*************************

An ARC of 'The Werewolf's Fae Mate' was graciously provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.

review 2018-06-18 08:36
Review: “The Flesh Cartel #8: Loyalties (The Flesh Cartel Season 3: Transformation)” (The Flesh Cartel, #8) by Rachel Haimowitz & Heidi Belleau
The Flesh Cartel #8: Loyalties (The Flesh Cartel Season 3: Transformation) - Heidi Belleau,Rachel Haimowitz

review 2018-06-17 17:37
Review: “The Flesh Cartel #7: Homecoming (The Flesh Cartel Season 3: Transformation)” (The Flesh Cartel, #7) by Rachel Haimowitz & Heidi Belleau
The Flesh Cartel #7: Homecoming (The Flesh Cartel Season 3: Transformation) - Heidi Belleau,Rachel Haimowitz