logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: reviews
Load new posts () and activity
text 2017-04-28 06:16
Bow of Hart Saga by P.H. Solomon Blog Tour and Giveaway

The Bow of Destiny
The Bow of Hart Saga: Book 1
by P.H. Solomon

Genre: Epic Fantasy

Haunted by his past. Hunted in the present. Uncertain what is real.

Athson has seen things that aren't there and suffered fits since being tragically orphaned as a child at the hands of trolls and Corgren the wizard. When a strange will mentioning a mysterious bow comes into his possession, he's not sure it's real. But the trolls that soon pursue him are all too real and dangerous. And what's worse, these raiders serve Corgren and his master, the hidden dragon, Magdronu, who are responsible for the destruction of his childhood home. Athson is drawn into a quest for the concealed Bow of Hart by the mystic Withling, Hastra, but Athson isn't always sure what's real and who his enemies are. With Corgren and Magdronu involved, Athson must face not only frequent danger but his grasp on reality and the reasons behind his tragic past.

Free Prequel short stories to The Bow of Hart Saga:
Trading Knives - Kobo, iBooks & Barnes & NobleSmashwords and on Amazon

Excerpt 1: An Arrow Against the Wind
Please note: this is copyrighted material and may not be reproduced except by permission.

The touch of a cold hand drew Limbreth out of the depths of slumber. Her watch already? But her eyes only fluttered open and shut. Hastra said nothing. That touch—it was far colder than the weather. It crept deep into her sluggish thoughts and along her spine.
Limbreth groaned and turned her head. Her eyes flared wide at the sight of a black hand. It grasped her arm. Her jaw worked, but she uttered not a sound. Her heart slammed in her throat, and her chest heaved. The Bane dragged her toward the door where Gweld squatted.
The figure of the Bane swallowed all the light in the small space even though the fire still burned well. Limbreth found some strength and flopped as the Bane pulled her to the door's threshold and then ducked out.
Limbreth's lungs strained to utter any noise. It was a spell! She fought for a sound and croaked a whimper. The Bane pulled her right arm out the door.
Why wouldn't Gweld do anything?
Limbreth fumbled with her free hand and snagged the rock edge of the doorway. The Bane yanked at her arm. Her breath came in gasps but made no viable sound.
She drew the deepest of breaths and mustered all her strength, which passed her lips in a feeble whisper: "Help." Not enough to wake anyone. You’re on your own. Gweld never moved.

The Bane yanked her torso into the blizzard outside. Her hand grasped the doorway fast and her left arm locked in pain. A groan escaped her lips.

An Arrow Against the Wall

The Bow of Hart Saga Book 2

Haunted by his past. Hunted in the present. Buffeted like an arrow in the wind.

The hunt for the Bow of Hart continues for Athson and his companions. They have escaped the clutches of Magdronu and Corgren, but they are still pursued. In need of answers to deep mysteries revealed in Chokkra, Athson must gain possession of the mythic bow to face both his enemies and his tragic past. But Magdronu's reach stretches among Athson's companions, endangering Limbreth and even Hastra in schemes to entrap them all. With each turn of the search for the Bow of Hart, long hidden secrets surface that threaten to destroy Athson. Will he falter like an arrow against the wind?

Releases April 30th!!

P. H. Solomon lives in the greater Birmingham, AL area where he strongly dislikes yard work and sanding the deck rail. However, he performs these duties to maintain a nice home for his loved ones as well as the family’s German Shepherds. In his spare time, P. H. rides herd as a Computer Whisperer on large computers called servers (harmonica not required). Additionally, he enjoys reading, running, most sports and fantasy football. Having a degree in Anthropology, he also has a wide array of more “serious” interests in addition to working regularly to hone his writing. The Bow of Destiny is his first novel-length title with more soon to come.

review 2017-04-28 06:14
A fun, magical story
Chase 'n' Ana - Ciana Stone

Ana is a witch and is on the run. Chase literally runs into her. Her free spirit pulls Chase in as well as his family. I loved the energy of Ana and her positiveness. Chase accepted her claims as they went along and when it was absolutely necessary, and I gave him credit.

I picked this up free but it is also a Candid Book Review selection. This is my unsolicited review.

review 2017-04-28 05:29
Fun and dangerous
Craving (Legacy Book 2) - Syneca Featherstone,Ciana Stone,Mary Harris

Ily is supposed to protect her king. When he steps through a portal, she follows, but she forgets about her past. John Luke is a shifter, and their worlds collide when Ily traps John Luke while he is in wolf form. Danger follows as they get to know each other and Ily finally remembers everything. There were moments in this story that I had tears in my eyes, and I had a hard time putting this down when I had to.

I received a copy of this story through Candid Book Reviews, and this is my unsolicited review.

review 2017-04-27 17:09
Finished this Helen of Troy, first in "Princesses of Myth" series
Nobody's Princess (Nobody's Princess, #1) - Esther M. Friesner

Well, it fit my booklikes-opoly square.

It was an award-winning author I was always curious to try (although her middle grade books may not have been best starting point).

It is set in Bronze Age which coincidentally a post I've now misplaced was asking about.

But it read very generic medieval princess balking at expectations rather than Bronze Age (okay,they had bronze swords and a barter system), Sparta and Helen of Troy.

Still an interesting premise.  The next book continues with Helen disguising herself as a boy servant to go along with Jason after the Golden Fleece then switches to a preteen Nefertitti (another historical figure I'm a sucker for).

This series is not for me.  I would, however, still read more by the author.

This reader's personal opinion, ©2017, all rights reserved, not to be quoted, clipped or used in any way by Penumbra Publishing, goodreads, Google Play, amazon.com or other commercial booksellers.

Ratings scale used in absence of a booklikes suggested rating scale:

text 2017-04-27 10:10
ANOTHER POSTCARD by Elle Christensen - Excerpt Reveal

Today we are excited to share an exclusive excerpt from the upcoming  ANOTHER POSTCARD by Elle Christensen. Find out more about this rockstar romance and pre-order your copy today!

About the book:

Brooklyn Hawk is an enigma. Highly sought after for her incredible voice, her talent shines bright in the studio. But a dark past and a secret she holds close to her heart keep her from permanently stepping into the limelight. Until her favorite band offers her the chance to chase her dreams. As the lead singer for rock sensation Stone Butterfly, Levi Matthews is wary of bringing in new talent. But he has heard just how amazing Brooklyn is and when the need for another singer arises, he’s confident that she is the perfect addition. However, he doesn’t count on laying his heart at her feet. But the world of music can be as dangerous as it is thrilling. Joining Stone Butterfly on tour was hard enough for Brooklyn, but when she finally succumbs to Levi’s charms, the rock ‘n’ roll life turns deadly. Will Levi and Brooklyn keep their voices and their hearts entwined? Or will the music prove too hard to survive?

Pre-Order Your Copy Today!

AMAZON US / AMAZON UK / AMAZON CA / AMAZON AU / iBOOKS / B&N / KOBO

EXCLUSIVE EXCERPT

Brooklynn

“There’s a song on the record called ‘Sanity,’ and I co-wrote it with this fucking gorgeous woman right here. It will debut on the radio in just a couple of weeks.” A stage tech ran out, and while Levi continued to tease the fans, they attached a wireless mic to my cheek. “So! Have you guessed what your surprise is?” he shouted. “You guys get to be the first to hear it!” Their response is epic and they went crazier still when Matteo started beating a low, steady rhythm on his floor tom. Then he transitioned into the fast and heavy, hard rock beat. Simon and Levi joined him, and a couple of bars later, I opened my mouth and sang the most important notes I’d ever sung in my life.

CONNECT WITH ELLE

WEBSITE / FACEBOOK / TWITTER / TUMBLR / GOODREADS / INSTAGRAM / PINTEREST / AMAZON AUTHOR PAGE