logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: reviews
Load new posts () and activity
text 2019-02-17 13:07

Wrinkle Couture The best way to regain feeling is to adhere to all therapy plans to the letter. That could be everything from medication to weight-loss to activity to something simple such as sitting less so the vagina may feel improved circulation. 5) Sensors Harm - Diseases like diabetes and Multiple Sclerosis (MS) could impact the penis in accessory for other parts of the human body. Both diseases are linked to neuropathy, a situation due to nerve damage which can cause pain, burning, and numb feeling.

Source: ozvish.com/wrinkle-couture
review 2019-02-17 01:48
Harry got an angel but it seems that...
Familiar Demon - Amy Lane

Edward has lost his heart to a demon. I loved 'Familiar Angel' it contained just that little bit of different to it that makes a story interesting for me. While I'm not a huge fan of paranormal if it's done right I can totally get on board and enjoy it and with her 'Familiar Love' series Ms. Lane has given me a series that offers me that little touch of the different. In 'Familiar Angel' we watched as Harry...no not Harry Potter or even Harry Dresden...who know apparently there is more than one Harry...but what they all have in common is magic and this Harry along with his brothers uses his magic to do good things in the world and they have done those good things for 140 years...so if you want the full story on how this happened definitely read 'Familiar Angel'.

In 'Familiar Demon' we get to learn more about Edward...no not Cullen...there are no sparkly vampires here...there are vampires, thankfully they don't sparkle though and Edward he's not one of them. No Edward is Harry and Francis's brother of the heart and he's also one of Emma's familiars plus like Harry and Francis, Edward's has his own magic and Edward's sweet on Mullins. We met both of these characters in the first book but briefly...Mullins is Leonard's friend (Emma's husband) and like Leonard or at least like Leonard until he was rescued from hell by Emma, Mullins is a demon. But Edward sees Mullins...not the demon but the man that the demon hides and over the years Edward has fallen in love with Mullins and he's decided that just as Emma rescued Leonard, the man she loved from the clutches of hell. It's time that he did the same for the man that he loves.

While I really loved 'Familiar Angel' this second installment of Ms Lane's ' Familiar Love' series really stepped up the game for me. The first part of the story was very much on a par with 'Familiar Angel' but when it came to the second half of the story, I can honestly say I'm not sure what I was expecting, but, I'm pretty sure this wasn't it, although what I was expecting was definitely surpassed by what I got. I just loved the last part of 'Familiar Demon'. While the pace stepped up a bit I had no problem keeping up with happenings and the characters that were introduced.

It's here in the last part of 'Familiar Demon' that we are given a very strong connection to one of Ms Lane's early series 'Little Goddess' as well as the indications of a link to Francis's past and while I don't think that it's necessary to read Little Goddess before reading this book...like seriously not required, I can't say that I haven't added the 'Little Goddess' series to my list of books I'd like to read some day.

Whether it's 'Familiar Angel' or 'Familiar Demon' both stories contain a very strong theme of second chances. The Youngbloods are to say the least an interesting and unique family forged from time, fate and circumstances.

So far these men have battled the forces of heaven and hell to be able to claim the men they love and they've done it with the love and support of the family that they've created with Emma and Leonard as their parents and Beltane, Emma and Leonard's biological son.

Not to sound like a stuck record but when it comes to paranormal/fantasy I really love it when I find something that give me just a little bit of the unusual...I know it's urban fantasy/paranormal and by virtue of that it should be unusual, but for a long time it really wasn't. All the vampires, werewolves and witches, etc seemed to have the same rules/characteristics/restrictions/whatever. So, it's awesome to see authors taking a second look at this genre and saying 'hey, my vampires don't have to be confined during the daylight hours, my werewolves/shifters can have different rules...these things aren't real and the only rules are the ones that I make...even if it means that they sparkle...please no, but even it if does at least it's something different and lately I've found myself more willing to take another look at what's going on in the world of paranormal and/or urban fantasy.

I'm really looking forward to the next book which I'm hoping and which logic tells me will be about Francis and there was just enough about Francis in this story to tell the reader that there's more to Francis than meets the eye but not enough to make the reader feel like they got anything close to the whole story.

In 'Familiar Angel' we saw Harry get his angel and here in 'Familiar Demon' we watched Edward get his demon...so this begs the question...'What will Francis get?'

************************

An ARC of 'Familiar Demon' was graciously provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

review 2019-02-15 19:59
In An Absent Dream by Seanan McGuire Audiobook Review
In an Absent Dream - Seanan McGuire

In An Absent Dream is a prequel to a series of books I have not read so I’m walking in cold here.

The tale begins when a young girl spots a tree where previously there wasn’t one. The tree does some twists and contortions and a little door appears. On that door it says only, “Be Sure”. Katherine is pretty sure she wants to step through that door so she does. Who could resist?! As you can guess, there are wonders on the other side of that door. Centaurs, cow people and girls who look almost human and the tastiest of pies! It’s a wonderland of freedom and choices and glorious sights free from the prying eyes of pesky parents and their expectations to form you into a proper wife. But then there are the rules. And the rules cannot be ignored. To ignore a rule is to lose a wee bit of what you makes you human and that is all I’m going to say about that.

This tale begins a little like a skewed Alice in Wonderland and it is completely enchanting. I loved Lundy. Young Lundy learned at the tender age of six that books are often better company than people and she wasn’t wrong, haha. She lives in a world that doesn’t value smarts in a girl and there are a lot of things written here worth chewing on.

“He shouldn’t have treated her like she didn’t matter. He shouldn’t have treated her like his idea of a girl.”

I loved watching Lundy grow and mature into a thoughtful and caring young lady. She faces some very tough choices and this book has some dark edges when the incorrect choice is made. I was a bit worried, as I always am when dipping my toe into the fantasy/YA world, that a boy would arrive and become the focus of the plot but it doesn’t happen here. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t dislike romance but I get testy when it is shoe horned into a story where it doesn’t belong. This story stays focused on friendship and family and obligation and there isn’t a wisp of forced romance no matter how hard you look.

I listened to this book as an audiobook narrated by Cynthia Hawkins. She does fine with all of the voices and changes her tone enough so you easily differentiate between the characters but her pace was just a wee bit slow for my liking and my player wouldn’t allow me to speed it up. Had I been able to pace it at 1.25 or maybe even 1.5 I think it would’ve been perfect.

If you enjoy a beautifully written modern day fairytale, this one is for you!

review 2019-02-15 05:32

• Language: English
  • ASIN: B07MFPZLTR
Release Date: February 14, 2019
Cover Photo: Lindee Robinson Photography
Arc copy provided for honest review
Review by Angels With Attitude Book Reviews
5 stars from us

I had secrets that were drowning me, and my worst fear was he was going to get tired of waiting for me to put my big girl panties on and reveal the biggest one.
Him.

Shiloh

My life started out with a tragedy—the death of my mother.
But I had something no other infant had, six amazing men. My father and his brothers in arms raised me and gave me the best life any kid could ask for.
I grew up in the loving arms of the Wounded Souls, and each and every one of them protected and loved me beyond measure. Even when I lost two of the most important people in my life, the Souls never let me fall.
After Dad met and married the best woman I had the pleasure of knowing, she and her flock, also wonderful women, gave me the feminine balance I needed in a life of soldiers turned bikers. They taught me to rise to every challenge and always be true to myself.
Somewhere, I lost sight of that on the way to my aspirations to make my mark.
Falling in love with a man who would die for me, adored me, and would do anything for me, should have been the happiest time of my life. So why was I hiding him?
Could I really have it all? Or would my obsession with being everything and having it all mean I would lose the one person who meant everything?
Then there was my ghost. Having him and his promise not to leave me was both a blessing and a curse. He knew all my secrets, and he also knew how to press my buttons.

The danger of Rogue is a distant memory, and the kids of the Wounded Souls are all grown up. The club princess has big dreams and even bigger secrets. Will she keep her dreams alive and keep the love of her prince?

First off I want to say that I am really going to miss this series going forward.This series has so many wonderful character's and we fell in love with each and every one of these character's in this on going series.The author did and amazing job bringing the series to a close and it was Epic !

I am not going to lie to you I cried and balled my eyes out throughout the whole entire story.The story was funny and it also was heart wrenching in the fact that the series was coming to a close but, most of all the entire story was and emotional one all around.We had been with Shiloh for so long we felt like we were part of her upbringing too and I have to say that she gave us tons of laughs along the way.We loved seeing Shiloh as an adult because we always imagined how she would turn out as an adult and we are glad to find out she was still the same old Shiloh just a much older version.
"We just loved that!"

I loved seeing the original cast of character's like Booth,Mannix,Steel,Deck,Creed Lucky,Ford and of course the flock aka the old ladies still made us laugh out loud time and time again.It was also nice meeting all the children all grown up and how they all turned out and how many kids the members ended up having.Creed you surprised me the most you dirty dog lol.

I absolutely loved Shiloh's story.We loved seeing her turn into this beautiful women fall in love,achieve her dreams,carve out a life along with her brothers ( that's weird to say) all the while staying the same loving and caring,vibrant,funny child we fell in love with all those years ago.

Omg ! Zander if Shiloh wasn't my favorite character he would be neck and neck in line for the title.I fell head over heels in love with him myself.Holy Sexy Alpha! On god did he make a girls panties wet. lol

Favorite quote - “I love you, too, baby. You are the sugar on my Froot Loops, the Zeke to my LT, the shit to my kickers, the effing tomy Fanta,” I said and laughed when he pinched me on the bottom, his arms still holding me tightly."

There were so many things that made me cry but,Shiloh professing her love for Zander had me balling my eyes out and every time I still think of that moment I still want to cry.I was glad to see that Shiloh still was a bad***.OMG ! and her with Darf as she calls him was simply heart wrenching as well as funny and some of those conversations made me want to cry as well as belly laugh.
"We still love and miss the big guy!"

Some favorite quotes- “All right, all right, keep ya pants on, Vader."

Zander- "My parents had the love story of the century, a story of second chances and forgiveness."

The romance between Shiloh and Zander was super super hot.(what a lucky girl) I loved that she found her soul mate as well as being her perfect match for her in every way and they made one heck of a power couple.

This current story as well as the entire series was pure enjoyment and we loved being on this journey with these character's every minute.We loved the character's and fell in love with them all broken pieces and all.We loved that each and everyone of these soldiers found solace in their women and they were able to bring them out of the darkness and into the light.The old ladies which were called the Flock gave us tons of laughs we loved each and everyone of these strong women.

We loved each and every story in this series with Booth,Steel,Deck's,Mannix,Creed,Ford & Lucky's all were emotional and heartfelt that made us laugh and cry but, most of all we loved how they all found their soul mates even though it was one rocky journey.

For me the author could not have created a better ending.The tears never stopped the last several chapter's and honestly I never wanted it to end.Shiloh's last conversations with Darth sent me right over the edge.I was still and emotional wreck for the next several hours after reading it.

A series to be remembered always !
One of my top favorite series for 2019!
Shiloh you rock girl!

Recommended read to all !

I love the idea of being in love. Since my early teens when I first discovered Silhouette Desire novels my life has been all about reading. I would find myself re-writing scenes if I wasn't happy with them and hiding them under my bed. That led me to writing love stories of my own. They all ended up under the bed and are still there, and there they will stay. I don't do angst, in fact it drives me crazy.

I am a mum of three beautiful girls, Australian, and have what most say is a weird sense of humor.

I spend my free time doing movie, Sons of Anarchy, and Friends marathons. And reading.

I love Pina Colada's and getting caught in the rain..... there's that weird humor.

review 2019-02-14 19:49
Book Review for Acceptance by KE Osborn The Chicago Defiance MC Series #5

Title: Acceptance
Series: The Chicago Defiance MC Series #5
Author: KE Osborn
Genre: MC Romance
Release Date: February 6, 2019

Try to forget.
It's easier said than done.

My past—violently haunts my dreams.
My present—belongs to an MC. My brothers, my support, my family, my life.
But what if you left someone behind?
You failed them.
And set in motion a series of events no one could have predicted.
But in deserting him, you found her.
A constant. A guiding light. A connection that can't possibly not be right.
Or is it?
This story isn’t just two souls finding their connection—it’s lust, treachery, misery, and brutality.

Vengeance—will thrill you.

But will I be able to gain my acceptance?

This is one of my favorite MC author's and we are so loving the The Chicago Defiance MC Series.I loved Chain's story from beginning to end.

One thing we love about this series is the amazing character's it has.I have to say I really loved them all but, the old ladies definitely add to the delight of reading this story because when those old ladies get together you know your going to laugh your butt off and I do time and time again.

Chain has been one of my favorite character's and I am so happy he got his story as we loved the brute of a man that was broken and lost that our heart always bleed for him as his pain just poured out of him that you could not be unaffected by him.

Revisiting Chains past with him was heart breaking as well as heart wrenching and I can say they I shed more than a few tears for him as he told his story.

We loved Chain's and getting to meet his family for the first time.We loved them.Chain's mom was the bomb!

Leave it to Chain's to have a complicated love story.We loved Doc/Bex in this story we saw a totally different side to her and we saw her take risks but, most of all we saw just how strong she really was when it came to fighting for something she wanted most in life.

I loved seeing both Doc and Bex together as the chemistry between them was always there but, fates intervention just gave it a little shove and I am so glad that Chain's was willing to put himself out there especially with the upbringing he had this was a major step for him.

Knowing Chains we already new his journey to getting his girl and his happily ever after was a rocky one. Bex's and Chains journey was suspenseful,heart wrenching,had tons of twists and turns and secrets that came to light and it was one heck of a ride for sure.

Chains has been a favorite character of mine all along as he has been always aloof and I think that what drew us to him from the onset of the series but, after reading this story we are more in love with this broken man than ever before.

I loved the plot of the story and how it surround around Chains past and present and how the one friend he had considered a brother in his past might be part of his present where he had come to find a slice of happiness in his pain filled life.The plot itself was dark edgy and it kept you on edge and engrossed in the series the entire time we loved it from cover to cover.

This story is just a reminder that sometimes you need the bad along with the good because without having the bad Chains would have never found his Happy Ever After and that one true soul-mate who was meant to be his .

Australian author K E Osborn was born and raised in Adelaide, South Australia. With a background in graphic design and a flair for all things creative, she felt compelled to write the story brewing in her mind.

Writing gives her life purpose. It makes her feel, laugh, cry and get completely enveloped in the characters and their story lines. She feels completely at home when writing and wouldn’t consider doing anything else.