logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: book-obsessed-chicks-review
Load new posts () and activity
review 2018-06-19 02:45
Slow start but had me racing to the end.
False Start (McKay-Tucker Men Book 1) - Marianne Rice

This is the first book I have read by this author. It took a bit to get into the story, but once there, I did not want to put it down. Meg had been through a lot, and I understood her hesitancy to let someone into her life. She had an hard shell covering her broken center. I loved her interactions with her daughter and Connor. Connor was a sweetheart, although he was not very communicative. He was full of reaction before thought. They made a great couple and had me laughing, crying, and sighing throughout the story.

This is my unsolicited review.

review 2018-05-28 17:06
Emotional ride for me. A story that pulled at me.
How to Tempt an Earl - Tina Gabrielle

I thoroughly enjoyed this story. Grace and Ian had to deal with undesirable situations for themselves. Coming together helped each other as well as some in their immediate circle. I loved Grace's determination and hope that things would improve. Ian's misplaced guilt kept him a bit cold, but when things became clearer for him, I cheered. This story had me laughing, cringing, and crying. I highly recommend this book.

I received a copy of this book through Netgalley, and it is a Book Obsessed Chicks Review Team selection. This is my unsolicited review.

review 2018-05-24 03:33
Good read with some danger and mystery
Let Sleeping Dukes Lie - Emily Windsor

This story has lots of adventure, spying, and romance. I loved Aideen's spirit and determination as she tried to get through to Alex. The Duke had such a firm stance on his past that I had to admire him, but it was satisfying when he began to see beyond his past. I recommend this story and look forward to more in this series.

I received a copy of this story as a gift, and it is a Book Obsessed Chick Star Review selection. This is my unsolicited review.

review 2018-04-30 04:27
Another great page turner from Janna MacGregor
The Luck of the Bride - Janna MacGregor

I have enjoyed this series a lot, especially with the not-so-happy circumstances that arise. It did take me a little bit to get into the story, more so than the other two, but once it got going, I could not stop turning the pages. This story made me laugh, cry, and sigh. The strength that March had to keep their farm and home going, her family together, and improve their future was admirable. I loved how Michael stepped up once he knew he had been lax with his responsibilities. I loved all the characters throughout the series and this book. I highly recommend this book and the series.

I received a copy of this story through Netgalley, and it is a Book Obsessed Chicks Review Team selection. This is my unsolicited review.

review 2018-03-19 04:08
Spies, danger, love and passion, kept me reading
An Earl in Wolf's Clothing - Emily Windsor

This was a fun read. I loved the interactions between Sophie and Bram. With all the subterfuge to keep Bram's secret, Sophie's ability to make the best of a situation was great. There were laughs as Sophie and her friend do their own sneaking around. Bram was a determined and gallant young man, and I fell in love with him. I highly recommend this book and look forward to reading the next.

I received a copy of this book through Book Obsessed Chicks Review team, and this is my unsolicited review.