logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: candid-book-reviews
Load new posts () and activity
review 2019-01-15 01:53
Quick read with some action, steam, and a lot of love
Game On - Ciana Stone

This was a quick read. There was quick attraction, danger, friends, family, love throughout the pages. Dillon wanted to be left alone, but his family would not leave him be. Josie was hired to protect him, but they had to play at being in love. It took no time for the steam to rise and the two of them to want more. The end had me holding my breath, hoping there would be an HEA, as this couple were cute together with the banter. I would have liked a longer, more detailed story, but this was still a good story.

I received an ARC through Candid Book Reviews, and this is my unsolicited review.

review 2019-01-01 02:38
Emotional read for me, and is a great story.
The Duke I Once Knew - Olivia Drake

I loved Abby's need for independence. Max was self-absorbed in a way, but he realized how his life affected those around him. With plenty of misunderstandings and assumptions, I did not want to stop reading. My heart and emotions were pulled into this story. I highly recommend this story.

I received an ARC of this story through Netgalley, and this is my unsolicited review.

review 2019-01-01 02:26
Had my emotions tied up about 2/3 of the way through.
Lincoln Shaw - Ciana Stone
I loved how accepting everyone was of Lula in this town. Lula was trying to keep her secrets while dreaming of a life in this place. Lincoln had his own secrets, but he could not deny his feelings for Lula. This story was a 3-star until my emotions became involved with how the story played out for Lula and Lincoln.

I received a copy of this story through Candid Book Reviews, and this is my unsolicited review.

review 2018-12-05 02:54
Gritty story with a second chance at love despite poor choices
Forsaking Hope - Beverley Oakley

Very gritty story, a view from the not-so-pretty side of this time period. Hope was a strong woman, trying to protect her sister from what Hope's life had become. Felix took a bit to warm up to as he was concerned mostly about appearances. Missed opportunities and second chances made this a good story, although I found the story ended a little more abrupt than expected.

review 2018-11-08 03:48
A married couple take an emotional journey.
Before We Say Goodbye - JN Welsh

Wow, this one kept me on a roller coaster of emotions. Olive and Nigel have been married for 15 years, and life has happened to them. Both of them have lost sight of why they got married and lost their way. As they journeyed into their past, I cried and laughed along with them. The author did a wonderful job getting across the feelings of two people trying to find their way back to happiness. I recommend this story.

I received a copy of the story through Candid Book Reviews, and this is my unsolicited review.