logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: candid-book-reviews
Load new posts () and activity
review 2018-10-18 03:36
Good story, focus could have stayed more on the main couple.
The Conundrum of a Clerk - Linda Rae Sande

I enjoyed this story. Two people who have survived war find they can still find love despite their injuries. Daisy and Teddy are trying to adjust to their new lives, and with the help of friends, they find themselves working together and learning to appreciate the other. Their pain and loneliness was obvious, and I was glad for their happiness. There was a bit too much story devoted to the secondary characters from previous stories, but it was nice to see them again.

I received an ARC of this story through Candid Book Reviews, and this is my unsolicited review.

review 2018-09-22 03:06
Great connection with main characters, could be a bit shorter and less head hopping.
A Matter of Trust - Ciana Stone

I loved the connection between Nikki and Maxwell. They did not trust it, but it paid off in the end. I enjoyed the antics of Maxwell and Nikki's caring. Together, they were a fun couple. The story was a bit too long and confusing with too many points of view, but the premise of this story was definitely a new one for me. It was kind of scary to think that there may actually be families out there like this one.

I received a copy of this story through Candid Book Reviews, and this is my unsolicited review.

review 2018-09-01 17:32
Intrigue, danger, still love finds a way, hard to stop reading.
The Marriage Paradox - Noelle Greene

This story was one bumpy messy ride. Olivia was a wonderful character. I liked her strength and her innocence, which never wavered as things changed around her. Markus was a bit of a prick to start but as I got to know him along with Olivia my opinion changed. Despite all the violence, political intrigue, counter intelligence, I enjoyed the story and found it hard to stop reading. There were a few tears near the end as well as a heavy sigh of relief. I recommend this story.

review 2018-08-19 17:58
Rough read, could have been better with a lot more editing.
True Love - Betty A. Blue

I found this story a little hard to get through. I felt it was a little disjointed. The premise of the story was fine. Young love, separated by misunderstandings, presumed death, and family manipulation. This was Katherine's and Antoine's story with a lot of secondary characters. Theirs was a tragic love story on the lines of Romeo and Juliet without the dying at the end. Too many errors pulled me out of the story as well as too many points of view. I hope that the author does take the time to look over the book again and see what she would change.

review 2018-07-27 21:47
Steamy erotic romance, friends to lovers plus one
Rigged - Vanessa North

A quick steamy story. Friends, Kait and Gordon, realize they care about each other but not until they meet Sean. The emotions all three went through made this a good read. Once they fully communicated with each other, it was a happy ending. As the title implies, there is bondage but it is not overpowering.