logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: candid-book-reviews
Load new posts () and activity
review 2017-12-12 04:01
Familiar world, new enjoyable characters.
Mason James (Heartbreakers & Heroes Book 2) - Ciana Stone,Mary Harris
I loved revisiting the Honky Tonk. This time, Savannah fights her lack of self confidence but finds sanctuary in the arms of Mason. Mason does not want to take a chance on another woman until he is forced to deal with a surprise from his past. The chemistry between these two people kept me turning the pages.

I received this a copy of this story through Candid Book Reviews, and this is my unsolicited review.

review 2017-11-23 01:44
A good quick read, a second chance story
Saving Grace (Fair Cyprians of London) - Beverley Oakley

A quick good read! I enjoyed this tale of second chances. Grace has fallen but accepted her life. She is a strong woman. David is not the man she remembers. I loved how innocent he was and how his love was still there. I look forward to reading the rest of this series.

I received a copy of this story through Candid Book Reviews, and this is my unsolicited review.

review 2017-11-10 05:07
Fate leads three people together to find their happiness.
Everything We Need (Finding Forever Book 4) - Rebecca Raine
I enjoyed this story. All three main characters have some pretty heavy pasts which color their visions of the world and their relationships. Jeremy uses smiles to cover up his pain, Brady uses isolation, and Trina uses logic or instinct. Their attraction is almost instantaneous and deep, and I fell right along with them. My heart got involved as they shared pain and dreams, and I shed some tears when it looked dim. I recommend this story.

This story is from a selection through Candid Book Reviews.

review 2017-10-23 02:25
Still enjoying this world, dark romance
Koivu (Demons After Dark Book Three) - Laurie Olerich

This is really a 4 1/2 stars. I enjoyed the story a lot. Again, the world in this series is a bit different than others I have read. Angels and Demons working together to stop a diabolic plan is so much fun. I found this story to be a bit darker than the others because of Koivu's temperament and Micki's past. Koivu is not happy being topside and does not understand the others' acceptance of their situation. He hopes to return to Hell soon and tries not to find a reason to be change that. Micki beats herself up over her poor choices in love. These two bond quickly without acknowledging it until things get extreme. When they hurt each other after Micki learns the truth, my heart went out to both. I came to care for these two a lot. I recommend this story and the series.

I received a copy through Candid Book Reviews, and this is my unsolicited review.

review 2017-10-05 14:56
Continuation of the Primani universe, good read
Benn (Demons After Dark Book Two) (Volume 2) - Laurie Olerich

This world continues to get interesting. The backstory is becoming more twisted as the Trinity demons try to save the world. Lainey has her dreams for her future. They do not include Benn. I found her to be a very intrepid young woman, willing to take chances and enjoy life. Benn's enthusiasm for risk taking and living to the fullest made him a fun character, especially as his insanity rubs off on Lainey. All the secondary characters are interesting and very involved in the story as it plays out. There are some very dark aspects to the story, but I could not stop reading. I look forward to the next in the series.