logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: candid-book-reviews
Load new posts () and activity
review 2017-10-05 14:56
Continuation of the Primani universe, good read
Benn (Demons After Dark Book Two) (Volume 2) - Laurie Olerich

This world continues to get interesting. The backstory is becoming more twisted as the Trinity demons try to save the world. Lainey has her dreams for her future. They do not include Benn. I found her to be a very intrepid young woman, willing to take chances and enjoy life. Benn's enthusiasm for risk taking and living to the fullest made him a fun character, especially as his insanity rubs off on Lainey. All the secondary characters are interesting and very involved in the story as it plays out. There are some very dark aspects to the story, but I could not stop reading. I look forward to the next in the series.

I received a copy of this story through Candid Book Reviews, and this is my unsolicited review.

review 2017-09-21 16:00
Being human sucks....
Vanek (Demons After Dark Book One) - Laurie Olerich

I enjoyed this story. The levels of demons and angels along with the "human" behavior in exiling for some devious plan made it a good read. As Dylan tries to change her future, she ends up asking for help from Vanek and his fellow demons. Together, their chemistry is off the charts. Her strength and his total honesty kept me turning the pages. I look forward to the next in this story as they try to get to the bottom of the nefarious plot.

This is a Candid Book Reviews selection, and this is my unsolicited review.

review 2017-09-06 17:22
Once it got going, it was a fantastic read
A Dark & Stormy Knight - Suzie Quint

This story took a bit to get going but once it did, I did not want to put it down. It takes years for this second chance to happen, although Georgia and Sol have many opportunities in the meantime. The stubbornness of Georgia, along with all her fears, keeps her pushing away, but this is one of the things I enjoyed about the book. Georgia finally sees the truth and the path was an emotionally bumpy one. Sol has never truly given up on Georgia and is very tenacious without admitting the complete truth. It was a race to the end and kept me up past my bedtime to finish it.

review 2017-07-28 04:58
Steamy read with a sweet romance
Eight Seconds to Forever (Sprawling A Ranch) (Volume 5) - Anna Alexander

This is a steamy read, a friends to lovers story. All it takes is one kiss to change their relationship. Their journey to an HEA is full of emotions, doubt, and realizations as to what is important, and I could not put it down. Melody is a woman beginning to doubt herself, and Jack shows her differently. As she becomes stronger, Melody sees her future in a better light, and I loved watching her grow. I need to go back and read the rest of the earlier books as the characters that we meet are interesting.

review 2017-07-28 04:09
Gossip can lead to trouble and to love
The Gossip of an Earl (The Widows of the Aristocracy Book 1) - Linda Rae Sande

There are really two love stories within this book. The main one involves Emelia and Felix, and I enjoyed their courtship. The things left unsaid almost tear them apart, but Max works at keeping them together. The secondary story is an older couple, Jane and Max, who get a second chance at love, and the whirlwind of their relationship was fun to watch. There is a bit of bouncing between story lines, but once I got used to it, the stories flowed.

I received a copy of this through Candid Book Reviews, and this is my unsolicited review.