logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: candid-book-reviews
Load new posts () and activity
review 2017-07-28 04:58
Steamy read with a sweet romance
Eight Seconds to Forever (Sprawling A Ranch) (Volume 5) - Anna Alexander

This is a steamy read, a friends to lovers story. All it takes is one kiss to change their relationship. Their journey to an HEA is full of emotions, doubt, and realizations as to what is important, and I could not put it down. Melody is a woman beginning to doubt herself, and Jack shows her differently. As she becomes stronger, Melody sees her future in a better light, and I loved watching her grow. I need to go back and read the rest of the earlier books as the characters that we meet are interesting.

I received a copy of this story through Candid Book Reviews, and this is my unsolicited review.

review 2017-07-28 04:09
Gossip can lead to trouble and to love
The Gossip of an Earl (The Widows of the Aristocracy Book 1) - Linda Rae Sande

There are really two love stories within this book. The main one involves Emelia and Felix, and I enjoyed their courtship. The things left unsaid almost tear them apart, but Max works at keeping them together. The secondary story is an older couple, Jane and Max, who get a second chance at love, and the whirlwind of their relationship was fun to watch. There is a bit of bouncing between story lines, but once I got used to it, the stories flowed.

I received a copy of this through Candid Book Reviews, and this is my unsolicited review.

review 2017-06-29 04:02
Station does not stop love
The Mysterious Governess - Beverley Oakley

Some people get their just desserts and others get the very best. The main couple is Lissa and Ralph with a couple pairings around them. Lissa is a governess to earn her way in this life because she is illegitimate. Ralph is above her station but they feel a pull that draws them together. Their struggles to be with each other kept me reading this story.

review 2017-06-08 19:07
Troubles in Legacy continue, good read
Yearning: Enchanting the Shifter (Legacy: A Paranormal Series Book 3) - Ciana Stone,Mary Harris

Grace returns to Legacy where her heart had been broken. I loved how she aspired to be the person she once was, to overcome the damage her ex had done to her. She put family first even when she thought she was losing her mind. Beau was a caring and patient man. I enjoyed his interactions with Grace's children and mother. Once Grace accepted Beau and all that she had seen, the strength they had together was nice to see. I enjoyed this story and have enjoyed the series.

I learned of this book through the Candid Book Review group, and this is my unsolicited review.

review 2017-05-25 15:47
Second chance story, good read
Georgia On My Mind - Amanda McIntyre

A second chance/reunion story. I enjoyed the story as Georgia and Justin found their way back to each other. Georgia is a determined woman willing to do what it takes to make her son happy and healthy. Justin is understanding and can admit to his mistakes. I smiled through the story, and there were tears. I recommend this story.