logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: candid-book-reviews
Load new posts () and activity
review 2018-08-19 17:58
Rough read, could have been better with a lot more editing.
True Love - Betty A. Blue

I found this story a little hard to get through. I felt it was a little disjointed. The premise of the story was fine. Young love, separated by misunderstandings, presumed death, and family manipulation. This was Katherine's and Antoine's story with a lot of secondary characters. Theirs was a tragic love story on the lines of Romeo and Juliet without the dying at the end. Too many errors pulled me out of the story as well as too many points of view. I hope that the author does take the time to look over the book again and see what she would change.

I received a copy of this story through Candid Book Reviews, and this is my unsolicited review.

review 2018-07-27 21:47
Steamy erotic romance, friends to lovers plus one
Rigged - Vanessa North

A quick steamy story. Friends, Kait and Gordon, realize they care about each other but not until they meet Sean. The emotions all three went through made this a good read. Once they fully communicated with each other, it was a happy ending. As the title implies, there is bondage but it is not overpowering.

review 2018-07-25 16:38
Fun paranormal romance series, this is just the beginning
Curse of the Gargoyle - Tara Nina

This was an interesting start to a series. I loved Ericka's resistance to believing in magic, curses, ghosts, and the like. It was fun watching her change. With the intense attraction between him and Ericka, Gavin tried to be a good man but struggled with his feelings. His chivalry was quite a pull for me. There were tears and chuckles throughout the story, and I look forward to finding more of the MacKinnons. I recommend this story.

review 2018-07-05 18:01
Compromising situation leads to three couples finding happiness.
The Vision of a Viscountess - Linda Rae Sande

This story had an interesting mix of love stories. It was one story that brought Marianne and Jasper together because of a compromising situation. Their time on Sicily, where most of the story takes place, introduced us to many other characters. There was an opportunity for a second chance at love for an older couple, as well as a new relationship for another couple. I liked Marianne as she learned to enjoy the world around her and the "Roman Arts", though her dislike of glasses went a bit too far. Jasper was a romantic at heart and was a sweetheart. His honesty with Marianne made me fall in love with him as well.

review 2018-06-14 02:17
Forced together, but find love along with a mystery and a ghost
Blackmail and the Bride - Sahara Kelly

This is toward the end of the series, but you do not have to read the series to read this one. Cressida is running from scandal, and Richard is forced to pay a debt. With no options, they come together. They made a great couple despite their histories. There is a mystery, a ghost, lots of family, and love that made this a wonderful story to read. The two of them work well together, and I enjoyed them very much.