Soft, pristine and cosy – that’s how a carpeted floor looks while it is still brand-new. But over time your beautiful carpet might trap unpleasant smells, get covered in stains or simply wear out too quickly. Because of inappropriate maintenance carpets lose their glory in no time, that’s why you should adopt reasonable cleaning habits and extend the longevity of the carpet. Check on these five tips for a sparkly clean, long-lasting carpeted floor:
- Clean stains immediately – cleaning carpet spills immediately is what protects your precious carpet from permanent stains. The sooner you act on a mess, the smaller chance it has to penetrate the carpet’s fibres, causing serious damage. To reduce carpet staining, keep your cleaning tools close by. Absorb spills with a clean white towel or paper towels before you move on with the appropriate stain treatment. You should also pick the best carpet cleaning method depending on the type of stain you are faced with. Learning how to eliminate carpet stains and dealing with the job quickly keeps the carpet fresh in the long run.
- Employ baking soda – when it comes to a carpet’s longevity, relying on eco-friendly cleaning remedies is always the best way to go. Unlike aggressive chemical-based cleaners, natural DIY mixtures pose no threat to the carpet’s perfect shape, thus prolonging its lifespan. So whether you need to banish a greasy stain from your carpet or you simply want to get rid of unpleasant smells, learn how to employ baking soda in your carpet cleaning routine. As one of the most efficient eco-friendly ingredients, baking soda is a powerful agent that deals with numerous carpet issues, leaving the carpet deodorised and stain-free for weeks.
- Hire a carpet cleaning pro – if you live with young kids or pets, having the carpet cleaned by the experts every six months is a must. A professionally addressed carpet plays a huge role in high-quality indoor air, as well as in the durability of the carpet’s structure. Even if you don’t share a roof with small babies or a four-legged friend, professional carpet cleaning is always a good idea. Thanks to their special equipment and deep knowledge, expert carpet cleaners will remove stubborn stains, grime and bacteria from the carpet better than any DIY approach, so put hiring a carpet cleaning pro on your to-do list.
- Vacuum clean regularly – there is no doubt professional carpet cleaning is crucial for the carpet’s longevity, yet you need to maintain the surface clean between the pro sessions. The easiest way to address carpet cleanliness by yourself is to vacuum clean at least once a week. While vacuum cleaning, make sure you take your time and go over the entire surface from a different angle several times before you call it a day. Let thorough vacuum cleaning become a top priority, as a great deal of dust and dirt can be banished if you stick to the habit. Also, don’t forget to keep your vacuum cleaner in excellent shape. Replace its filters as often as required, so that nothing can stand in the way of effective vacuum cleaning sessions.
- Reduce tracked-in debris – a huge amount of debris is brought on the carpet from outside, that’s why you need to try to stop dirt at the door before landing on the carpet. Create a brand-new rule at home – no shoes on the carpet. Ask family members and visitors to wear comfy slippers inside, so that muddy shoes have no contact with your spotless carpet. You should also install area rugs to protect high-traffic areas on the carpet and add durable doormats at every entryway to keep dirt out of your house.
By adopting these smart cleaning habits you can rest assured your carpet will stay just as fresh and tidy as the day it was installed at home.