logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: cmw-reviews
Load new posts () and activity
review 2018-09-25 17:07
Bad Call by Mike Scardino
Bad Call: A Summer Job on a New York Ambulance - Mike Scardino

This is a morbidly fascinating book if you are into gross and disturbing and strange true accounts of real life horror (yeah, that’s me). It takes a lot to gross me out but this book managed to do it. I do not recommend reading it while eating breakfast, lunch, dinner or snacks.

Mike Scardino worked as what he calls an “Ambulance Attendant” to help fund his college tuition in the late ‘60’s. I think he wishes he hadn’t because by time the book ends, he seemed truly scarred for life after seeing and smelling some truly revolting and heartbreaking sights. The writing is unpolished but that is not a criticism. It felt natural, raw and almost like a personal journal. I love that it wasn’t scrubbed clean. My only complaint was the lack of question marks throughout the text. The lack of them kept tripping me up.

It’s not uplifting in any way and there’s only a wee bit of humor sprinkled throughout. The overall feel of the book once you’ve finished is pretty bleak, truth be told. People are stupid and have lousy self-preservation skills, yeah, but terrible things happen to everyone and there’s no stopping them usually. Babies fall out of windows, diabetes will come for your limbs, you will die and maybe no one will notice until the flies start to breed. Bad Call (and they’re mostly all bad calls here) is absorbing and once you start it’s oh-so-hard to look away but once you’re done you’ll want to find something to make yourself happy. If you like this kind of thing you’ll know it and you’ll want to get yourself a copy of this book.

Here are a few quotes to ruin your day (you’re welcome):

“What often bothers me more than seeing how people die is seeing how they live.”

And this one, it’s my favorite.

“Something is a little unsettling. It’s his blood. The way it feels.

It feels good. Warm as it is. Running down my hand and arm on this in seasonably cold night. Nice and warm. It feels really good.

God help me. What the hell is happening to me.”

Just pretend there’s a question mark there at the end, ok?!

review 2018-09-24 13:52

Book Review for Beast by SC Daiko

Title: BEAST
Author: SC Daiko
Genre: Contemporary Romance/Mafia Romance/Romantic Suspense
Release Date: September 20, 2018 Cover Design: Letitia Hasser, RBA Designs Cover Photography: Wander Book Club Photography
Reviewed by Angels With Attitude Book Reviews

I’ve been sold by my own father to a beast.

Gleb Sokolov is the definition of a savage.
He’s an animal in bed and everywhere else.
A notorious Russian mobster, badass personified.

And my father just sold me to him, to pay off a debt.

But there’s something Gleb doesn’t know… we have a son,
and I’ll do anything to keep him from finding out.

Eva Petrenko.
Sassy, secretive, trouble with a capital T.
She drives me fucking insane.
Except, when her father offers her to me, I find I can’t resist.
She belongs with me, even if she refuses to believe it.
Eva hates me, but I’ll go to the ends of the earth to protect her.
Problem is, Eva’s father isn’t the only one with debts…
and mine are the kind I’ll need to pay with my own blood.

This was an enjoyable read.I enjoy this author's stories so always looking forward to her releases.

I enjoyed the story plot and enjoyed most of the characters but, I will have to say that Eva's parents not at all and If I was her would have written them off but, she had such a generous heart it was not in her to do so.

I always pick a favorite character and mine is going to be Gleb and that is because he was willing to sacrifice so much for those he loved but also give up the only life he has known to protect them as well as love them.I found Gleb to be brass,conceded but underneath all the dark and dangerous he had a heart as well as a conscience.I also loved that he even had limits that he wouldn't cross.I felt  bad and even sad at the fact he was constantly waring with himself and what was best for Eva and his son.

Eva what to say other than she was a sweetheart.I loved that she had a bit of feisty-ness to her as well and a backbone too.I loved how protective she was of her son.I loved how patient she was with Gleb as he continued to work through all these new emotions that she stirred up in him.

The story flowed nicely and had a bit of suspense and also about a second chance at the life you would have chosen not the one your were dealt but, had the courage to make the change even if it killed her.

I enjoyed the romance between this couple and as the story played out they had quite a few sexy scene's but, my only complaint would be I felt that this couple  never connected on a intimate level (meaning I never felt the love between them even knowing they loved one another) maybe it was just the fact that Gleb guarded his heart and emotions fiercely to the very end and just finally realizing really what he had to lose and let us see what was beneath the surface.

Overall the story was good from beginning to end.Was I wowed this time around  ? "no" but ,it was a nice enjoyable read to pass the time.

Without warning, my head starts to spin. Shit, I shouldn’t have drunk that cocktail so fast. I can’t see any signs indicating the bathroom. Maybe I can escape for a few minutes behind one of these doors? I’m not that desperate to pee, just need somewhere peaceful to sit and wait for my brain to clear.
I step into an office unlike any I’ve been in before. Ritzy, with an executive desk in the center that’s the size of my bed at home. My eyes are immediately drawn to a stack of banknotes on top of the shiny surface. I tiptoe across the room.
Wow, it’s a pile of one-hundred-dollar bills.
I pick one up to examine it.
Surely these can’t be real?
“What the fuck are you doing in here?” a baritone voice booms.
The air around me compresses, and I spin around.
A man in a tux is standing in the doorway, piercing blue eyes glowering at me. He’s so big his shoulders nearly meet the doorjambs.
And he’s drawn a fucking gun on me!
“I was looking for the bathroom.” I drop the money back onto the table, my heartbeat thudding in my ears.
Blue Eyes paces up to me, holsters his firearm and grabs my wrist. “Who sent you to snoop?” His English is good, but I detect a familiar intonation. “Was it Vadim Rayt?” he adds.
“No one sent me,” I blurt out in Russian. “I’m telling the truth.”
I try to squirm out of Blue Eyes’ hold, but he pulls me against his rock-hard chest, towering above me and invading my senses with his spicy sandalwood cologne.
“Let me go.” I struggle and aim a kick at his shin.
His laugh is scornful. “Not before you give me a better explanation.”
I bite my bottom lip, trying to come up with something. “I just needed some time out.”
“Time out? You’ve got to be kidding. The only women who come in here on their own are hookers. High-class hookers who bribe the doorman.” His gaze roves over my body. “Either you’re a whore or a spy. Which one is it?”
An idea occurs to me. How I can get out of this situation. “I’m a hooker,” my voice purrs.
I can’t believe the words coming out of my mouth. I’ve never been so blatant… like ever. But desperate times call for desperate measures. Once I’ve gotten his pants down around his legs I’ll make a run for it. I reach for his belt buckle with my free hand.
With a groan he lets go my wrist and pushes me to my knees. “You better be good.”
I’ve never given a blow-job in my life. It wasn’t something I felt I could offer my ex, the only boyfriend I’ve ever had.
But I’m not gonna suck Blue Eyes off, am I?
This is only a means to an end.
I pull down his suit pants, and he releases his monster cock himself. Oh. My. God. There’s a ring-style piercing at the tip. Is that what they call a Prince Albert? I stare at it, fascinated.
“Like what you see, Kotenok?”
Somehow, I don’t mind being called kitten by him.
Mistake, Eva.
Big mistake.
Focus on the task at hand… You need to get out of here.
I jump to my feet and prepare to run.
But he grabs me by the hair, yanking me against him. “Oh, yes, you are good, little slut. But not as good as you think you are. Time you learned a lesson.”
He steps out of his pants and drags me over to his executive chair.
“What are you doing?” I yelp.
“Punishing you for attempting a fast one. I’m going to spank your ass.”
“And then you’ll let me go.” It’s more a statement than a question.

“One step at a time, Kitten. First, I will punish you… then we negotiate.”

SC Daiko, aka Siobhan (pronounced Shivawn), is an award-winning, international bestselling contemporary romance author. Originally from the UK, she now lives in Italy with her husband and two cats.

review 2018-09-24 03:32
Book Review for Rough Stuff Untouchables MC, Book 3 by Joanna Blake

Rough Stuff

Untouchables MC, Book 3
by Joanna Blake
Publication Date: September 18, 2018
Genres: Adult, Contemporary, Romance
Reviewed by: Angels With Attitude Book Reviews
Arc copy for honest review

Read for Free in KindleUnlimited: Amazon

I’m meant to be alone. I haven’t so much as looked at a woman in years. But one minute alone with her and I’m a wild man. I’m a former marine who rules The Untouchables’ MC with an iron fist. I never lose control. But when I see Kelly at the wedding of one of our own, I can’t get my mind off her. I’m no good for a nice girl like her, but that’s not going to stop me from hunting her down. When her brother gets in the way, I don’t ease up. Not until a killer starts targeting my crew. Our women too. That’s when I make the hardest call I’ve ever made in my life. I leave Kelly alone to protect her. It kills me to do it. She’s so close, but just out of reach. So I watch and I wait. I keep her safe and chase off any men who dare to get close. Only now, the killer is growing more brazen. There’s no keeping her safe unless she’s in my bed, for good.

What an awesome read!The story was hotter the he**!I have to say that I loved the characters from the very beginning Cain and Alpha and Kelly was sweet and charming with a dash of sass just loved them.

The story was infused with suspense, humor and a cast of great characters that kept us clued to the pages from beginning to end.

I always pick a favorite character and although it was hard I am picking Cain.Cain from the beginning had me half in love with him wright from that searing kiss he gave Kelly without even knowing her yet.The spark and the sizzle between these two was amazing and their chemistry off the charts.Cain was a character that screamed "Danger Beware" but, underneath it all he had a romantic side to him that I loved.This was a man who took what he wanted and OMG! when he did things heated up mighty quickly but, Kelly wasn't going down without a fight and she was super cute and funny with her antic's until she did.

I love a story like this when its a instant attraction been both parties but, with a killer on the loose one needs to do what they need to do to protect what is their's and Kelly was Cain's from the moment they met even if she didn't know it!

Kelly was a character that surprised me the most as she was so sweet and kind and had a sense of humor but underneath it all she was a she-cat with claws and had a naughty kinky side to her as well that lurked between all that sweetness. Laughing out loud....

The sex scene's just kept getting hotter as the story unfolded but,from the very beginning these opposites were destined to be together even if the journey was delayed a bit.The love between them clearly visible to all and just what Cain needed to soften that intense and dangerous part of his personality.

I loved the story from beginning to end.I will say that although the story doesn't leave on a cliff hanger the story within the story is a continuing one.

This is only my second book by this author but, I am looking forward to catching up on this series and reading her other works as I enjoyed this current story immensely.

Recommended read to all!

From us....

About Joanna Blake

Joanna Blake loves good old fashioned romance, men who open doors and work with their hands. Hot Blooded Heroes is a series of sizzling stories about True Blue American men and the women who love them.

review 2018-09-24 03:13
Book Review for Army by Chiah Wilder

Title: Army
Series: Night Rebels Motorcycle Club
Author: Chiah Wilder
Genre: MC Romance
Release Date: September 18, 2018
Reviewed by: Angels With Attitude Book Reviews

A member of the Night Rebels MC, Army is an arrogant, tough, SOB, and he makes no bones about it. His idea of having a good time is riding his Harley, boozing with his brothers, and having rowdy sex whenever the mood strikes him—which is often. Hook ups are on his terms, and if a woman doesn’t like it, there’s always another one waiting to take her place.

Then he sees her fighting in the rink, moving in ways that give him a whole bunch of nasty ideas about what he wants to do to her. And the way she looks at him? Well … there’s no denying the intense, mutual attraction. Chemistry sparks between them like the Fourth of July.

The only problem? She says she’s not interested. What the …?
Stiletto’s attraction to the rugged biker is like a storm electrifying the air, but with his swagger and perpetual smirk, he’s a poster boy for shattering hearts. If only her body would understand that.
Then she finds out he’s a member of the Night Rebels Motorcycle Club and is a deadly rival of her brother’s MC—The Satan’s Pistons.
But one night with him wouldn’t hurt anyone.
It’d just be a hook up, and probably the best sex she’d ever had.
Besides, who would ever know?
Then a series of tragic events lead the star-crossed lovers down a dangerous and dark path, forcing Stiletto and Army to make the hardest choices of their lives.
The Night Rebels MC series are standalone romance novels. This is Army’s story. This book contains violence, abuse, strong language, and steamy/graphic sexual scenes. It describes the life and actions of an outlaw motorcycle club. HEA. No cliffhangers. The book is intended for readers over the age of 18.

I am really enjoying this series by this author.I have to say this was a really enjoyable read and that I laughed out loud through the entire story.

I loved the character's right of the bat and Mia and Army were fated from the onset of the story.The story had a great cast of character's as they all had great personalities.I loved Mia for not only surviving the bad stuff she had gone through in life but, how she turned the bad into something good and into a career she loved.Mia was just the perfect person for Army to fall for she was perfect for him in every way.

I always pick a favorite character and mine is going to be Army.Why?The biggest reason is he had me laughing out loud practically from page one..I found him to conceited and brass ,had swag, and had total sex appeal even though he was one cocky bastard. lol I also liked the fact that already knowing that Army was the love and leave them type he finally realized that Mia was the one women to take a chance on even though we new she was not going to make it easy for him.I loved the change we saw in Army as the story progressed it was almost like seeing him finally grow up even though he was already and adult.I loved what an amazing couple he and Mia were .

Mia she was another character that made me laugh out loud.I found her to be confident, funny, a survivor,had sass beautiful on the outside as well within.Mia and Army's chemistry was apparent for the start and it was a bit comical on how Mia tried to avoid it.

The story was filled with a lot of sexy heated scenes for us to enjoy.The story had a bit of suspense and on going club issues to deal with but, what they never expected was when one of their brothers finally fell it would be for one of the rivals MC's sister.

I love a story like this when a conceited cocky bastard like Army falls that he falls hard.I loved the fact that his love interest was even a big complication for him as nothing worth having is easy to acquire and worth keeping.

I have to say Mia is definitely one of my favorite old ladies so far......

A recommend read to all !
And be sure to check out other stories in this series as they were enjoyable as well.

Aren’t you cold?”
Mia jumped at the sound of the deep voice—she didn’t hear anyone come out. She pushed away from the wall and let her gaze fall on Army. The yellow glow of the streetlights made his features soft against the darkness of the night. She ran her hands up and down her pebbled skin. “I am. I was just going to head back inside.”
He stood in front of her, blocking her. “Stay for a few minutes.” He shrugged off his leather jacket and draped it around her shoulders before she could protest. The heat from his body felt absurdly intimate, and she was extremely aware of his fingers brushing the back of her neck. He smelled of leather and caramelized dark coffee beans with a tang of salty herbs to it, and it was the most sensual aroma she’d ever come across. It wrapped around her, and much to her chagrin, desire rippled through her.
“Thanks,” she croaked, her throat dry with tension.
“We never really met each other. I’m Army.”
“Mia,” she said softly. He still stood close behind her.
“That’s a pretty name,” his breath whispered over the curve of her neck, threatening to ensnare her.
Without thinking, she leaned back into him, and he ran a thumb along her jaw as his calloused skin scratched her lightly. “I couldn’t keep my eyes off of you during the fight. You were amazing.” His breath was warm on her cheek and her inner thighs clenched in reaction.
Army cupped Mia’s chin and tilted her head back so she gazed into his desire-filled eyes. Her lips parted when he dipped his head down as his grip tightened on her chin.
Her brain screamed at her to stop, but her traitorous body relaxed in his powerful arms. Danger radiated from him, but it only heightened her excitement.
“Mia,” he said, his low voice a mixture of sensual and gruff masculinity.
Her stomach fluttered as she closed her eyes in anticipation of his kiss.

Chiah Wilder is the author of the successful Insurgents MC series.
Chiah's love of bad boys has inspired her Insurgents series. She loves an alpha male whose softer side is brought out by a passionate, spirited woman. Steamy, biker romances with rough, sexy bad boys are her guilty pleasure along with brownies, cheddar cheese, and movie marathons. She is busy writing her next book in the series. Chiah would love to hear from you. You can contact her at: chiahwilder@gmail.com Visit her on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AuthorChiahWilder/ Join the Chiah Wilder Newsletter to get the scoop on new releases, previews, free short stories, and a whole lot of other exciting goodies: http://eepurl.com/bACCL1 Happy Reading!