QuickBooks is an excellent application, but it is not flawless. You might experience a number of errors in QuickBooks triggered for particular reasons. but there is nothing to worry because fixing the QuickBooks errors is very easy. You get tools with the QuickBooks software that fix QuickBooks-related errors. In the article below, we will talk about how you can fix the QuickBooks Error 6000 77 by yourself. Error 6000 77 appear when you can’t open a company file in QuickBooks. Have you tried to open a company file and saw the QuickBooks error 6000 77 instead? There are various reasons which trigger Error 6000 77. If you don’t know how to fix the QuickBooks Error 6000 77, read the article below to find solutions to the error.
You can also skip reading the article below and dial 1.800.579.0391 to discuss your QuickBooks-related issues with a QuickBooks professional
What triggers QuickBooks Error 6000 77?
The .ND & .TLG Configuration files allows QuickBooks Desktop to open company files. Damage to the .ND or .TLG files can trigger error 6000 77 while opening the Desktop.
Solution 1: Rename .ND and .TLG files
1. Go to the folder where your company file is stored. (Note: the default locations of the file is C:UsersPublicPublic DocumentsIntuitQuickBooksCompany Files.)
2. Search the company files with .ND and .TLG extensions.
3. Now, right-click the .ND and .TLG files and rename the files by adding .OLD at the end of the file’s names.
Solution 2: Run the file doctor from QuickBooks Tool Hub
1. Download and install the latest released version (220.127.116.11) of the QuickBooks Tool Hub on the Desktop.
2. Open the Tool Hub and go to the Company File Issues tab
3. Click on Run QuickBooks File Doctor
4. Choose the file from the drop-down menu in File Doctor, or you can go to browse and search to look for the file.
5. Go to the Check Your File option, then click the Continue button.
6. Type your QuickBooks admin password and at the end, click the Next button.
Solution 3:Recreate the damaged folder
1. Go to the C: drive and create a new folder by right-clicking on an empty space, then click the New option and click Folder
2. Now, go to the folder where the company file is located
3. Open the company file and search for the file with .qbw extension.
4. Then right-click the company file with .qbw extension and click the Copy button
5. Next, go to the new folder you created in the first step and Paste the copied file.
6. Change the Windows access permission to Share the company fileAt last, go to the QuickBooks Desktop and open the company file from the new folder.
Solution 4: Use a UNC path instead of a mapped drive
1. Find the QuickBooks application on your Desktop and right-click on the QuickBooks icon.
2. Now, you need to press and hold the Ctrl key on the keyboard while you click on the Run as administrator option.
3. You need to keep holding the Ctrl key until you see the No company open windows. (Note: holding the Ctrl key stops QuickBooks from automatically opening a company file.)
4. Go to the File menu and click on the Open or Restore company option under the file menu
5. Click open a company file option and then click the Next button.
6. On the left side, click the Network tab and go to the location of your company file
7. Choose the company file and click the Open button
Hopefully, the solutions listed above will help you resolve QuickBooks Error 6000 77. Do you still have any doubts to discuss about the troubleshooting method in the article mentioned above? Contact Us to get your QuickBooks-related answers from a QuickBooks professional.