My father and father-in-law have diabetes. My youngest and I love to bake. We collect cookbooks. Best cookbooks are free cookbooks. We can read them, mark recipes we want to try, handwrite them onto a recipe card and then make the recipe.
I found several recipes that I want to try in this book. My dad once said that he misses having pies and cakes, but he is very good about following his diet. My father-in-law, not so much, so this can be good for making him a cake for his birthday.
I marked several recipes that my daughter and I will try and experiment with and I look forward to that time. Baking/Cooking are science and math and bonding time.
This is a good book for anyone who has someone they love with diabetes, it may just be good for anyone who just wants to cut the sugar out of their lives.
My NOOK and Kindle got quite a work out this month. I am so glad to have participated in the Romance Bingo, as I was given an incentive to read a lot of books from the very bottom of my TBR.
Highlights, Lowlights, and Challenges
Best books of the month: The Just Desserts set from D.F. Mello were great. Highly recommend. Really loved To Defy a Sheikh by Maisey Yates as well.
Worst books of the month: Celtic Viking - Danish Celtic Viking having coffee before plundering a barely formed England in 876 AD...and puts the "mis" in "mishistorical romance". His Ring Is Not Enough by Maisey Yates was just a waste of time.
Disappointment of the month: Key of Knowledge - Nora why did you put me through that?
Romance Bingo: 10/25
Library Love Challenge: 1 - but will be making it up come March
Diseases and Disasters: 0 this month, as I concentrated on bingo
BL/GR Reading Challenge: 32/150
Pop Sugar Challenge: 4 this month
1. To Defy a Sheikh by Maisey Yates (Romance Bingo - Secret Billionaire) - 4 stars
2. Dangerous Allies by Renee Ryan (Romance Bingo - Rogue) - 2.5 stars
3. His Ring is Not Enough by Maisey Yates (Romance Bingo - Virgin) - 0 stars
4. The Sweetest Thing (Just Desserts #1) by Deborah Fletcher Mello (Romance Bingo - Free Space; Pop Sugar Challenge - Author is POC) - 4.5 stars
5. Craving Temptation (Just Desserts #2) by Deborah Fletcher Mello (Romance Bingo - Eyeshadow and Bosom; Pop Sugar Challenge - MC is different ethnicity than reader) - 4.5 stars
6. Beauty and the Rake by Erica Monroe (Romance Bingo - Fairy Tale Re-telling) - DNF
7. Key of Knowledge (Key Trilogy #2) by Nora Roberts (Romance Bingo - Key to the heart; Library Love) - 1.5 stars
8. Lighting the Flames by Sarah Wendell (Romance Bingo - Guy/Girl Next Door; Pop Sugar Challenge - holiday setting other than Christmas) - 2.5 stars
9. A Lady Dares by Bronwyn Scott (Romance Bingo - Pirates) 2.5 stars
10. Celtic Viking by Lexie Timms (Romance Bingo - Man in Kilt) - .5 star
11. Courting His Countess by CJ Archer (Romance Bingo - Gothic) - 3 stars