From an IP address, you can find out where the IP address is coming from, whether it's from a fixed line, a mobile line, a military IP and so on. This is what we referred as ISP usage type in our fraud verification system. This information plays an important fraud indicator in telling you if any phishing activity behind the scene. For example, if you found out an IP address coming from Data Center/Web Hosting/Transit, chances are they may not be a legitimate buyers. You may want to flag this order for fraud review and manually calling them for further authentication.
What are the ISP usage types supported?
Below are the steps on how to configure the usage type validation
1. Login to the FraudLabs Pro Merchant Control Panel.
2. Click on the Rules then click Add Rule.
3. Select ISP Usage Type below the IP Validation
4. Select the Condition.
5. Select the ISP that you wish to validate.
6. Choose the action you want.
7. Click Add Rule and don't forget to click Save and you are done.