logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: my-reviews
Load new posts () and activity
review 2018-01-14 15:51
Uuuuhhhh...I'm not sure but I think the world is ending or...
Kairos - Mary Calmes

at the very least it's tilted on it's axis by a few degrees...

I'd been happily waiting for this one...I mean seriously new Mary Calmes men to love...what's not to be happy about, right?

Interestingly enough overall this one was standard Calmes fare and I should have loved it but truly I didn't...it was ok but that connection that I usually feel and just the overall fun of reading a new Mary Calmes book wasn't there. Try as I might I never quite felt the connection between Kade and Joe and honestly neither of these men struck me as being overly dynamic or alpha...for me there just wasn't a Sam Kage or an Ian Doyle, no Trevan Bean, Ceaton Mercer or Darius Hawhtorne...dammit!!!! Where was my ober alpha male!!! Because I'm telling you neither Kade or Joe filled that role for me.

Along with the lack of connection between the MCs that happened for me there were parts of the storyline that just weren't working for me. The biggest thing being Joe's reasons for leaving his family...it just wasn't convincing for me which created a bit of a domino effect in regard to why Joe and Kade were such good friends. Along with this was the fact that Kade knew that his so called friend and mentor Vaughn who was also a precinct captain did shady things and yet he idolized him anyway? Sorry, I don't get that much less that fact that he basically made a conscious decision to ignore this. Somehow no matter how hard I tried 2 + 2 was just not adding up to 4...maybe more like 3.5.

While Kade and Joe weren't a strong connection for me there were some characters that really appealed to me and quite frankly had me wanting more. First off there was Joe's younger brother Sayre and Declan, the  young man that Kade and Joe rescue back at the beginning of the book I was really intrigued by both of these men and if anyone could give them each or maybe both? a story worth reading it's Ms Calmes.

And in true Mary Calmes fashion I could not totally resist her writing prowess because irregardless of how I felt about the overall story, she drew me in with her mom's...there was Joe's mom...I adored her...ok, I can totally relate to her. She had a very dry sense of humor and used it frequently to deal with situations...

"You could maybe tell other people what is going on in your head now and then."

"But I'm telling you now."

"But did you tell him?"

"Shouldn't he know after this many years?"

"Mom--"

"I can't be married to a stupid man, dear. What would people say?"

"You don't give a good god--"

"That was sarcasm, sweetheart. Do they not have that in Chicago?"

and then there was just the fact that Joe and his mom have had some conversations that were reminiscent of ones that my own son has had with me...

"Mom, you can't collect people. I've told you that."

"And why not? You obviously do."

It's that mom instinct...you see someone who needs to be loved and sheltered from the world and it's just instinct to want to do what the world has failed to do for that person so far. This is one of my favorite things about Mary Calmes books not only are the characters bigger than life but there's often at least one or more character who brings things like 'mom love' to the story in such an overwhelmingly big way. Nothing gives me a wary fuzzy like that moment in a Mary Calmes book when a character...in this case Joe's mom sweeps in takes one look at another character...and in this case it was Kade and Declan and just instinctively knows that they need 'mom love' and in this book there was two of them there was Joe's mom and Donatella Gallo who was his family's housekeeper and cook.

'Kairos' wasn't as much of a connect for me as some of Ms Calmes other standalone stories like 'Acrobat', 'Any Closer', 'What Can Be' or 'Where You Lead' but as a confirmed Mary Calmes addict I wouldn't have missed this one if for no other reason than 'awesome moms'.

*************************

A copy of 'Kairos' was graciously provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

text 2018-01-12 05:01
BeyondBuzz Reviews Crowdfund Marketing Campaigns And Agency

BeyondBuzz is crowdfund marketing agency located in West Hollywood. BeyondBuzz is a unique digital marketing agency that focuses on launching new products and ideas using crowdfunding. Their main services include crowdfund consulting, project setup, pre-launch marketing, and aggressive crowdfund promotions.

Crowdfunding on Kickstarter and Indiegogo is what BeyondBuzz has become known for. They are a performance crowdfunding agency. That means they partner with crowdfunding projects to raise more money together. BeyondBuzz takes a percentage of the funds raised. This makes their service uniquely situated to help crowdfunders raise funds and launch their ideas on crowdfunding websites. Visit, BeyondBuzz reviews for more details.

The marketing team at BeyondBuzz reviews new crowdfunding ideas in a Shark Tank style fashion. They have a panel of crowdfunding experts and marketing gurus judge each new idea that is submitted to them. BeyondBuzz reviews new crowdfunding ideas on a ranking scale of 1 - 10. They access new ideas based on a variety of factors, such as if the project is unique, current trends, and the marketing potential to go viral.

Once Beyond Buzz selects an idea they will make an offer to partner. However, they do not take any equity in the company. As a crowdfund marketing agency, Beyond Buzz only takes a percentage of the funds that they raise together. Beyond Buzz invests time, energy, and marketing expertise into the project. After the project is funded, Beyond Buzz tracks all the new funding they generated for the campaign and take a percentage of those funds. It’s the kind of win-win partnership that many crowdfunders dream of.

BeyondBuzz.com features case studies of crowdfunding projects that they recently helped fund. The agency also helps entrepreneurs get featured on Shark Tank after they are successfully funded. For many entrepreneurs the idea of getting funding for their product or ideas on crowdfunding is already a dream come true. But Beyond Buzz strives to help crowdfunders even after they are already funded. Whether is social media marketing, performance advertising, or consulting.

Many crowdfund marketing services focus on charging for a a quick marketing burst. Beyond Buzz works with you from start to finish in order to hit your goals. They believes that crowdfunding is a planned endeavor. If you fail to plan then you plan to fail. BeyondBuzz coordinates everything during the project setup and pre-launch phases, to the entire crowdfund marketing campaigns. BeyondBuzz.com is a full service crowdfund marketing agency for all your endeavors on Kickstarter and Indiegogo.

To learn more about Beyondbuzz.com and to contact their team, go their website Beyond Buzz.

review 2018-01-11 22:28

Genre:  Romantic Suspense
Release Date: January 11, 2018
Reviewed by: Angels With Attitude Book Reviews
5 stars

iScream Book Blog - “I have such a weakness for damaged, broken, bad boys and his story really has me tied in knots.”
A Small Girl, Her Man, and her Books - “GAH! Just when i think i've figured out my favourite Lani Lynn Vale novel, she releases another book that makes me rethink the whole thing.”
Cat’s Guilty Pleasures - “It had just the right amount of heartache and heartwarming moments.”

Get out!

He yelled those words at the love of his life twelve years ago, and to this day, Reed Hail regrets them. He’s always been the type of person to speak before he thinks, and apologies have never come easy.

It’s been over a decade since she was his, and he stubbornly thinks that he can keep on living without her.

He couldn’t be more wrong.

The last thing he needs is her vagina anywhere near his exam table. But nobody ever asks him what he wants.

Maybe he should’ve gone into the auto-recovery business after all.

I hate you.

Krisney Shaw would take those words back in a heartbeat if she could. In fact, she would take back everything.

Never meeting him would be the perfect place to start. The memory of Reed Hail haunts her—morning, noon, and night. Then, to add insult to injury, she has to see him being happy while she’s breaking a little more inside every single day.

Reed Hail is her worst nightmare because she’s constantly reminded of exactly what she’s missing—the other half of her soul.

Just when she thinks things can’t get worse, she’s sees his sexy, bearded face over the top of her paper gown, and she’s lost all over again.

Don’t ever let me go.

Both Reed and Krisney are determined to avoid each other. They do a great job of it, too…not.

One ill-timed gynecological exam changes everything. One single second in time shows Reed what he’s missing—literally and figuratively—and suddenly he’s back at square one.

The only problem with being back at square one? He won’t be able to leave her a second time.

Especially since the first time around he didn’t have a child with her to consider.

Reed and Krisney there story....

Another great tale by this amazing author.I have to say that I really don't read a lot of second chance romances like this one but, I really should as I liked seeing how old loves find there way back to one another.For me this was a really sad story that caused two people who where clearly soul-mates to separate due to someone else's actions who caused a family loss,pain and suffering.

I always pick a favorite character in a story that I am currently reading and mine this time around is going to be Krisney. Why you ask ?There where just so many things that I loved about her character.I found her to be smart,sassy,sexy,determined and some one loved with her whole heart.funny and someone who emotionally suffered much yet never left her broken just more determined and furiously independent.I loved how once she gave her heart to Reed there was no turning back for her he was her one true love and always would be.She tried to move on but, the heart wants what it wants and she chose to stay true to Reed even though they were apart and no future for one another.If Krisney was not  able to have the one she wanted she chose to go it alone and take comfort in her memories.This just proves that once you find your soul-mate there is truly no room for another in your heart foolish or not but, I found it quite endearing.

Reed Hail on the other hand I had mixed feelings about his character.Reed was the type of character that you love and dislike at the same time.I love how fiercely he loves Krisney in the now and always.Even though he loves her this much he continues to break her heart even after all these years.You understand why he felt the need to give her up in the first place but, as the story progresses we learn that he never truly gave her up just continued to love her behind the scenes yet refuses to create a life together now even after 12 years have passed.Reed was just a frustrating character that you just wanted to smack him upside of his head and tell him what a fool he was as so many never even have a taste of what he had with Krisney.It took almost losing the women he loved since high school and his family to see was right in front of him all along and now its too late....

I really enjoyed the story and its character especially when a couple love so fiercely and I loved being on Reed and Krisney's finding their way back to one another.The chemistry this couple had toward one another was fierce  and loving and hot as hell.When this couple were in a room together you felt the heat and sizzle.

My favorite scene who have to be Reeds confession of  his love for Krisney in the hospital and it somewhat redeemed himself in my eyes.

My final thoughts

I loved both characters from the onset and no matter what their obstacles were there was no doubt they belonged together and they were and always had been the perfect soul-mate for one another.They had me rooting for their happiness throughout the entire story hoping that the dreams that they once had would become a reality.Even though I enjoyed these characters at the same time I felt they were a bit disconnected .I am not sure this is the correct word but, this is why I feel that way.This story had a tragic event that caused this couple to split and come between them but ,It was Reed's words that sent her away .When fate brings them together again their first meeting is explosive and you clearly see that the love they once shared was still there.Even though Reed is back in Krisney's life he  still remains emotionally detached from her but not physically.He loves her still yet is still determined not to have a future with her,yet can't stay away and  it is clearly hurting Krisney in the process.When the time has finally runs out and its to late for them now he wants a future with her.My favorite scene is where I should have been crying up a storm but,I was not.This was the type of story that should have tugged at your heart strings in a big way and it did in some ways because you felt their loneliness and sadness they both experienced but, I never felt myself well up and cry or feel like crying and this story had more than one opportunity to make you do that.I guess what I am saying that I wished that the story had moved me to tears at some point throughout the story.This is just something I felt was missing for me that is all and that does not mean that it still wasn't a great story as I did enjoy it very much.

I loved that Dante made and appearance with Mary and that he is taking the steps to come out of the darkness and into the light again and perhaps we will get to here his story very soon.

Another enjoyable read and we are so enjoying this series and would recommend it and any other books by this author as all the ones we have read so far have been great reads.

And Oh! I love that Rafe still remains a mystery....

5 stars from us

Routine. Just routine.

Yeah, right.

I knew this was going to be bad. I knew that I was about to do one of the stupidest things in the world.

Yet, that didn't stop me from entering the infirmary.

Every year we were required to see the doctor for an annual health evaluation. Mine was due two months ago, and I'd purposefully gotten out of it.

I'd tried to get out of this one, too. However, my superior looked at me, grinned that evil grin of hers, and told me in no uncertain terms if I didn't do it, I'd be relegated to desk duty for the foreseeable future.

She knew I hated desk duty.

Talking to people wasn’t my forte.

And now I was here.

Going into the one place that I knew I shouldn't be going.

The clinic in town was normally off limits.

The clinic near the base had an older than dirt male doctor that I was fairly sure was a pervert who kept working because he didn't get to see pussy that young anymore.

However, knowing that the old doc was off on the weekends, and Reed volunteered there for all the ladies that didn’t want to risk it with the pervert doc, led me to where I was today.

Where I knew he was.

Shit. Damn. Fuck.

I’d gone to Germany to get away from him. He’d been assigned to the same base within a month of my arrival.

It might’ve been a coincidence, but I knew it probably wasn’t.

He did it on purpose. Just to watch me squirm.

I swung open the glass door, waved at the secretary who I knew but whose name I couldn't remember, and signed in.

"He's running about thirty minutes behind," the secretary said as she took my information. "I'll tell the ladies that you're here, though. You can go on back. The nurse will put you in a room.”

Of course he was, because the motherfucker liked to talk.

Fucker.

Asshole.

I walked back, met the nurse, and she guided me into a room.

“Here’s the paper gown. You can go ahead and change here behind the screen.” The nurse smiled. “The part goes in the front.”

I refrained from flipping her off.

I knew which fucking part went in the front. I wasn’t a dumbass.

“Thanks,” I muttered.

I waited until she was completely out of the room before I changed, making sure the screen was completely covering every square inch of my body before I stripped my shirt off.

My pants went next, then my bra, and my underwear.

After slipping on the stupid gown—part in front—I folded the clothes precisely in on themselves, making sure that my underwear and bra were neatly tucked into my shirt before rolling my pants around the shirt.

I did not want him to see my underthings.

No sir-ree.

He was already going to see my breasts and vagina today. I didn’t want him to see that I wore the sexy underthings for some stupid reason.

Growling to myself, I picked up my phone and blasted off a text to my best friend.

She was probably asleep, but she’d answer when she woke up.

Somebody needed to be witness to this train wreck.

Might as well be Hennessy.

Hail No (Hail Raisers #1) - AVAILABLE NOW
Go To Hail (Hail Raisers #2) - AVAILABLE NOW
Burn in Hail (Hail Raisers #3) - AVAILABLE NOW
What the Hail (Hail Raisers #4) - AVAILABLE NOW
Hail Mary (Hail Raisers #6) - PREORDER 2/9

I’m a married mother of three. My kids are all under 5, so I can assure you that they are a handful. I’ve been with my paramedic husband now for ten years, and we’ve produced three offspring that are nothing like us. I live in the greatest state in the world, Texas.

Be Sure to Follow Us here :

text 2018-01-11 18:24
Hello 2018! Hello Books! What you've read in 2018, so far

Hello 2018, hello books. Here's a little sneak peek into what you've read so far and how to use tags to find more 2018 reads!

Happy reading!

Follow: http://ladygr.booklikes.com

Rebecca - Daphne du Maurier,Sally BeaumanRebecca - Daphne du Maurier,Sally Beauman

Rebecca starts with the narration of a sweet, naive heroine. Maybe not so naive anymore after being exposed to the pains of life, but still shy and quiet, a regular and unremarkable woman you can find in any place. This book is not about her. Our heroine is the narrator. It's life from her eyes we're seeing. And yet, everything is Rebecca. Rebecca, that was perfect in every way. Rebecca, that was the most beautiful creature to ever walk earth. Rebecca, that died before the story even started, and yet still manages to be the protagonist. Manderley is still all hers, even months after her death. Little pieces of her perfection are spread all over the house, and her presence haunts our protagonist, that fears she can never be viewed as Rebecca once was. And she can't... read a full review

Follow: http://readerreader.booklikes.com/

The Immortalists - Chloe BenjaminThe Immortalists - Chloe Benjamin

The novel begins in 1969 with Gold family--Saul, Gertie, and their 4 children Varya, Daniel, Klara, and Simon--living in New York City. One afternoon the 4 kids go to see a psychic who will tell them the dates of their deaths. And from there we follow each of the kids' lives. How accurate was the pyschic? How does her prediction affect each of the kids in their life choices and career decisions? The 4 kids live very different lives in their daring, their career and educational choices--how much of that is a result of the predictions? ... read a full review

Follow: http://jenfairytales.booklikes.com

Rock Hard (Rock Kiss Book 2) (Volume 2) - Nalini SinghRock Hard (Rock Kiss Book 2) (Volume 2) - Nalini Singh

I loved the portrayal of Charlotte and her journey to self-confidence after a horrific incident with an ex-boyfriend. Readers get hints about what happened, but I was not prepared for the details which made me admire Charlotte even more. She is intelligent and shy though she also has a spine of steel when pushed too far. There are many moments where she could have retreated back into her enclosed world, but she kept going and showed how strong she really was. The aforementioned T-Rex whose real name is Gabriel Bishop is a former professional rugby player who is now known for bring businesses back from the brink of disaster. His first few days at his new company results in staff overhauls and plenty of tears... read a full review

Follow: http://jennydodge.booklikes.com/

The Miscalculations of Lightning Girl - Stacy McAnultyThe Miscalculations of Lightning Girl - Stacy McAnulty

Lightning Girl is 12 year-old Lucy Callahan’s screen name in the math forum she loves. Ever since she was hit by lightning at 8 years old, she’s been a math genius. She’s also been homeschooled due to her academic differences and her OCD tendencies. When Lucy’s beloved uncle visits, he and Lucy’s Nana realize that, as smart as Lucy is, she’s missed out on part of her childhood. And so Nana insists that Lucy drag herself away from her computer and experience normal life for 1 year. Lucy’s germ phobia and repetitive sitting behavior don’t make fitting into middle school easy, but luckily, she quickly makes one friend who doesn’t seem to mind her oddities. As Lucy navigates the tricky middle school social world of cafeteria tables and group projects, she will eventually learn the meaning of true friendship, and find out just how far out of her comfort zone... read a full review

Follow: http://mystereity.booklikes.com/

Sitting Murder - A.J. WrightSitting Murder - A.J. Wright

Whoo, what a ride! Loved, loved, LOVED this, I was swept up in this deftly written mystery combining the Victorian fascination with mediums and spirits with a classic whodunit.  I loved the simple yet complex plot that takes twist after turn and by the time the surprise ending was unfolding, I was just holding on for dear life! The tragic stories from the suspects made it hard to single one out, and although you think you know who did it, you’ll be wrong... read a full review

HOW TO FIND OTHER 2018 READS?

SEARCH TAGS

HERE'S HOW

Type 2018 in the upper search box and click Tags:

In the result you'll see all the posts that include the 2018 tag:

ADD TAGS TO YOUR POSTS

Remember that only the posts WITH tags will be found and presented. Let other readers find your posts and reviews -- add tags to your posts and book reviews:

MORE BOOKS READ IN 2018

Double Take - Abby BardiReckless Behavior - L.A. Witt,Cari MeisterOh, Florida!: How America's Weirdest State Influences the Rest of the Country - Craig Pittman

Wood: A PsyCop Short - Jordan Castillo PriceLook for Me (D. D. Warren) - Lisa GardnerTruly, Madly, Guilty - Liane Moriarty,Caroline Lee

Cut-throat Celts (Horrible Histories) - Terry DearyThe House on Mango Street - Sandra Cisneros

AND MORE HERE:

review 2018-01-11 18:11
Hard Core by Tess Oliver
Hard Core - Tess Oliver

I haven’t a clue why this book is called Hard core because it’s not hard core at all and that’s not a terrible thing. Just don’t be misled by the title thinking you’re going into some gritty, taboo, murder filled read. You might be disappointed if that’s the case.

Hard Core is a sweet, slightly saucy little love story. Ledger has recently been released from prison for a stupid but rather harmless offense. He’s covered in tattoos but he’s nothing but sweetness on the inside.

He did not murder or harm anyone, if you were still wondering.

Jacy runs a coffee shop and is recovering from an abusive relationship and a devastating secret she doesn’t share with anyone when she meets Ledger. They soon fall in love but Ledger has a secret of his own. A secret which will come back to bite him in his perfect butt and possibly ruin everything he’s been living for the past few years.

This was a straight-forward, slightly predicable but pleasant romance with a likable, if sometimes misguided, hero and a heroine who didn’t get on my last nerve. I’d recommend reading it in paper as I wasn’t overly thrilled with either narrator. I love the idea of two narrators for this type of story but have to admit it threw me at first and took some getting used to. Lauren Sweet voices Jacy and her voice was so nasally at times that it made me cringe. Marcio Catalano does his best with Ledger but I felt his voice was too cultured and smooth for a man like Ledger. A little roughness would’ve made it work better for me. I’m not sure either narrator was the best choice for these two characters but they weren’t abominable so if audio is your only thing give it a go.