I have no idea how I'm going to rate or review this. My feelings are complicated and confusing.
Some of what's in my head:
- Alice feels things so intensely and is so conflict-averse that it's exhausting.
- The stuff with Takumi at the end made me cry, but I'm not sure if they were good tears because things worked out happily for Alice and Takumi or sad tears because I can't imagine things working out like this in the real world.
- Alice and I are definitely on different places on the asexuality spectrum. That said, a lot of the things she was afraid of were the same things I'm afraid of. And when certain things actually happened to her? Well, let's just say that this book is filled with a lot of my relationship nightmares.
- I like Alice's counselor.
- I am still not a fan of Feenie. Even though things worked out well between her and Alice, I still feel like she isn't half as supportive as Kann tried to present her.
- I'm still baffled by the people who call this a fluffy book. Did we read the same book? Does the happy ending automatically make it fluffy for some people?
I guess I can scrape all of this together to try to turn it into a review, but I don't know that I want to mention in the review that I identify as asexual. ::sigh::