A statement of purpose is a complicated yet important document to write while you are applying to some higher degree in an institution. The admission staff wants to know about your personality besides your grades and percentage. They want to know about your plans, your motivation for applying to that particular position and your accomplishments in the previous years. So, when this document is so important, then it must be written with great care, concentration, and hard work. For some real examples and model SOPs you can write these words in google; statementofpurposeexamples.net statement of purpose examples
What the admission staff seeks in SOP?
- Your motivation
- Your dedication
- Your experience
- Your goals
- Your interest in their program which you are applying to.
Things to ensure while writing SOP
- The first step is research. It would be best if you searched for the templates or samples of different kinds of SOPs on the internet. They will help you form a proper and organized SOP. Dig this here.
- If you are applying to more than one positions, you must customize your statement of purpose accordingly.
- It would help if you told about your achievements and accomplishments in detail. However, one thing to be kept in mind is that none of your accomplishments should show your arrogance front of them (access the source here)
- Proofread your work again and again until you are fully satisfied.
- Common mistakes while writing SOPs
Moreover, never consider an SOP to be some ordinary document. Instead, it can be a great chance of getting you selected if expertly written.
Don’t talk much about your goals or dreams. This will seem unrealistic. Try to remain focussed. Read; http://www.statementofpurposeexamples.net/statement-of-purpose-sample-for-mba/ for more information. Don’t write very long and complicated sentences. Try to keep your language simple and clear.