logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Discussion: WordPress Connection
created by: Cheri's Book Blog
back to group
The WordPress connection process doesn't seem to be working for me. Anyone else? I had my personal blog connected, had some issues with it, disconnected it yesterday and then tried to reconnect. The screen said BL wanted to connect to all of my WordPress sites (I have several) but I went ahead and hit "agree" figuring I'd just disconnect from the individual sites I don't want associated with BL later... But after I hit "agree" I was directed to a blank screen and was never connected.

Anyone got any advice?
Same issue that I had with Wordpress initially (and others with Tumblr). It's to do with the same bug that affects email notifications and sign-on confirmation, which likely aren't working either (again), then.

I'd email BookLikes about it -- repeatedly if necessary, addressed to both contact@booklikes.com and iurii.ganushchak@booklikes.com (he seems to be pretty much the only guy who is doing anything behind the scenes at the moment). You may also want to follow up with Facebook and Twitter messages -- unless they're being pestered, they don't seem to react at all these days. :(
I'll drop them a line but won't likely stress about it. I'm planning to start posting everything that I post here to my personal blog. Which reminds me, I'll start the Non-BL Blog List for us to start sharing our off-site locations. I've been spending some time getting used to the WordPress reader so I'm ready to start following new folks.
Emails sent and on-site support request sent. I'll hit Twitter and call it a day. I'll let you know if I hear anything.

Thanks for your help!
No problem, and thanks for thinking of starting the "offsite" blog URL list!
I have been unable to do mine as well and haven't heard back and unable to find anyone to contact for BL to question.
I just tried connecting BL to my WP blog and it went through fine and forwarded my test post. If you're using an adblock, try turning that off first.
Also just a reminder about the Wordpress connection: it only works with wordpress.com sites, not wordpress.org sites. (guess which one I have?)
@Bookstooge What browser and ad blocker are you using?
I'm not using an ad blocker mine is .com but it still doesn't link.
Let's compare what we've tried, maybe we can figure out the problem

I did this:

-Settings --> Blog tab
-Scroll down to Social networks and checked off the Wordpress box (clicked save)
-Clicked on the Connect button in the Wordpress box
-Clicked Authorize
-Went to the Dashboard and created a new text post
-Down at the bottom, it lists all the social networks. Made sure the Wordpress option was selected and posted.

Came up fine on my WP blog.
I did all of the above.
Wordpress is selected/checked it won't connect when the box opens up to link/connect wp it stops loading and does nothing. When I try selecting wp on new post it highlights but won't stay selected when I click on it.
What browser are you using? Do you know if you have any kind of blocker, like Ghostery ir AdBlock or Ublock?
No blockers at all I use firefox
You know what... I just tried it on explorer and it worked. So yay. LOL All the other issues I was having trouble with on FF now works using explorer. Cool.
Need help?