The poor little bird did not fit in wherever it went. The little bird goes through various emotions and obstacles but overcomes. This book would be great to teach diversity and being friends with each other. Also, we can relate to the emotions the duckling felt. 1st grade really talks about emotion.
I just linked a few, no particular order or topic. See the link for full list. Lots of political ones. And book pages have more suggested reads on them ... I think I will be going down the rabbithole of my library wishlists ...
2018 is just around the corner and I have some bookish goals I want to tick off the list before 2017 is finished!
1. Restart my Blog! Done! I've been wanting to do this one for a while but my hectic schedule hadn't allowed me to. I'm glad going into 2018 that I will have an active blog once again!
2. Finish Emotions #2 Done! Earlier this year Arnie Canterero sent me a paperback copy of his sci-fi novel, Emotions to read and review. I LOVED it! And graciously, he also sent me the second book - which hasn't been released yet. I LOVED it as well! I finish the sequel last night!
3. Finish ACOWAR To be completed...I started this book months ago when I finished ACOMAF. Nothing is wrong with the book, it was amazing, I was just so busy that I could never find the time to read a 699 page book. But I've got nothing but time now so I'm so excited to finally finish this book (and series?).
4. Finish Lord of Shadows To be completed...The last time I read a page from this novel was five months ago. What's wrong with me? I don't know. Since I've been caught up I've ready every Cassandra Clare book within the first week is has been released (er...let's not talk about the Bane Chronicles). But, when LOD came out I was busy I believe finals were around the corner for me. And then...I'm not sure what happened. I just never read it. I love Shadowhunters, I love Jules and Emma, I love Carstairs, I just couldn't finish reading. Somehow, I haven't been spoiled completely. So, before the end of 2017 I am forcing myself to finish this book.
5. Reread My True Love Gave to Me To be completed...I read this book when it came out two(?) years ago and loved it. In fact, if you scroll back through my posts I did a review of it. It's the perfect holiday novel so I would love to reread it, or at least reread the stories I enjoyed the most.
Aaaaaand that's it! What goals do you have for the end of the year? Let me know below in the comments and good luck!
There was so much of this book I loved and at 90% what could have been an absolutely beautiful moment for three amazing characters turned into some of the most out of character actions I have seen...EVER. I had thought I was being punked honestly and that things could not possibly be how they appeared.
But the joke is on me...because shit was fucked for real.
This series ran way off course with the actions that took place at the end of this book and this relationship was cheapened beyond repair. I'm devastated.
While I finished the next book in this series I should have stopped after book 3. Not sure I can trust this author again. Very sad because she's quite talented.