Why may somebody like to use the Amazon mobile app once another assistant is quickly available? This is a sampling of how that you just can use voice commands with Alexa.
- Connect with the family members and friends by calling or messaging anyone with the Alexa app or an Amazon Echo device.
- Manage your Smart home gadgets like lights, check the locks or modify your thermostat from any location.
- Pair it with another Alexa device as a far off management, to access increased features or for simplified setup.
In addition, Alexa has myriad “skills” that you can get benefit from your voice commands.
But in order to enjoy the features, you need to install the Amazon Alexa app for Android, tablet, PC, iPhone, iOS, and MAC.
How to Get Alexa App for Android?
If you want to install this Alexa app, Android makes it easy.
- Go to your apps store and click on the Google Play Store.
- Write Amazon Alexa in the search bar of the Play Store or go Alexa.amazon.com and select Amazon Alexa.
- Click on the Install button and wait while the download Alexa app onto your device.
Activate the Amazon Alexa App
Once you have install Alexa app on your Android, you will need to set it up.
Click on Alexa in the list of apps to open the Amazon app.
Sign in Amazon account by including your email address and password. Now, click on the Sign In button.
Select Create a New Amazon Account if you do not have an account with Amazon. Once you have set up a new account, sign in to the Alexa app with your email address or phone and password.
Now, tap the Get Started button.
Add your name in Alexa app settings, with its get to know you. You will see here a list of names just select your name. If you don't get your name on the list just click on the I’m someone else.
After selecting your name you are able to customize it, using a nickname, your full name or whatever you like Alexa to use for messaging & calling. You must provide the first and last name.
- If you are ready to next move tap on Continue. Here, you will get a permission message to upload your contacts, which can help you connect with family and friends. Tap on the Allow button. If you don't want to give permission at this time, tap Later.
- You need to verify your phone number if you want to send & receive calls & messages with Alexa. The Alexa app will send you an SMS to confirm your number. Click on Continue when you are ready or tap Skip if you do not want to use this feature at this time.
- Enter the six-digit verification code you received via text and click on Continue.
Tip: If you have any Amazon Echo and want to set up it so click here Echo Dot Setup
Use Voice Commands on Android
Open the Amazon Alexa app.
Tap the Alexa icon at the bottom of the screen.
Tap the Allow button to give Alexa permission to access your microphone. You may need to select Allow again on a security popup.
To activate Alexa, give her a command or ask a question (use one from this list if you like) such as:
“Alexa, find the closest grocery store.”
“Alexa, what's the weather like?"
“Alexa, what’s on my calendar tomorrow?”