Hello Friday! Hello Follow Friday with book bloggers!
Let's meet Karoline, a fan of mystery, fantasy and YA novels, who reads 8 book at a time!
What are you reading now? How is it?
I read a lot of books at the same time. :) however! One of them is Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes
How did your book love begin?
When I was a wee little child. My parents came to Canada before I was born and to practice their English they would read to me aloud. My parents always encouraged my love for books. They bought one for me at least once a week or my mom would order a box of books from Scholastic when I was attending elementary school.
You’ve been with BookLikes since 2012! How did your blogging adventure start?
I first starting blogging as a diary but it didn't interest me as much, then I realized why not start a blog about something I am interested in. Since books is one of the things I can talk about non stop I decided to put up a book blog with reviews on all the books I've read. I've had some hiatus moments here and there but it's still rolling :)
In your short bio you write you’re a chef. Can you tell us more about your profession?
Oh! haha I love to cook! I love to bake too so it's another hobby of mine. I have moments of creativity and I get to the kitchen and start baking away. Family members have gone up a few sizes thanks to me. I love making stir fried dishes, noodles, and pasta. My baking specialty goes towards bundt cakes or bar (lemon flavored ones are the favorites here at home).
What are you favorite genres? Why are they special?
I love fantasy, mystery/thriller, and YA. Fantasy mostly because they take me to other worlds and I literally feel like I'm on another journey. I get attached to the characters and watch them come alive in my mind. It's a perfect escape!
What are you three favorite book covers?
What’s your reading goal for 2018?
For the past years I've been in a major reading slump and haven't been reading up to what I used to. So I'm aiming for 50 books for this year. If I read more then that's great. I'd also like to try finishing series that I didn't get around to completing!
Which books are you most excited recommending to your followers?
Two books I'm really excited about: The Traitor God by Cameron Johnston first of all the cover! Beautifully done and the synopsis looks so good! Definitely looking forward to this one! The other one would be Ink, Iron, and Glass by Gwendolyn Clare. I read what this one was about and wow! Definitely different and unique from all the other books I've read so far. So I really can't wait for these two books and they're on top of my wishlist.
You’ve reviewed 167 out of 169 read books. What’s your book review process?
Usually how I do my process is I write down my initial thoughts right after finishing my book. I put everything into point form and then move onto my blog and start writing it out into a more in depth review. After that then it's all copy paste on all book sites I'm a part of :)
What’s your favorite reading place? We’d love to see the photos :)
Oh! hahah it's no where special really. It's my bedroom and when I'm feeling like going out I go to the local library which is about 5 minutes away sit in a quiet corner and read.
Do read one or several books at a time?
I read several at a time. It's insanity. But miraculously I can keep track. Right now I'm about into 8 books. Depending on my mood of the day I choose two books and just start reading.
What are you doing when not reading? You’re short bio says you’re a gamer and a hockey fanatic!
Unfortunately since I moved, I can't watch hockey and I'm also located in a non hockey city! So I follow my favorite hockey team via the web when I can. I still play games on my PC or PS4 when I do find the gaming time, but! Being married actually takes my time from these hobbies and I find I do less gaming/following my team and I do more reading in my spare time. Which is good, but sometimes a good hour or two of Skyrim helps clear the mind!
A paper book or an e-book?
Paper. I'm old school. I love the feel of the pages, I love the smell of books I like looking at the cover and just the idea of turning pages and reading one more chapter is what is so appealing. Don't get me wrong I think e-books are fantastic but I find myself ignoring the e-reader/tablet and just gaming on them. I used to own a kindle and it never saw much use. I always preferred picking up a paper book.
I have many! But one that was good and book related is from my favorite play from Hamlet:
Listen to many, speak to a few
If you could meet one author, who would it be?
Shelfie time! Please share your home library photos :)
Have you missed previous Follow Friday talks? Use ffwithbookbloggers tag or click the catch up links:
- #27 Follow Friday with book bloggers: Sorry kids, no feet ->
#26 Follow Friday with book bloggers: Elentarri's Book Blog ->
- #25 Follow Friday with book bloggers: Romance Book Reviews For You ->
- #24 Follow Friday with book bloggers: Kat's Books ->
- #23 Follow Friday with book bloggers: My Never Ending List ->
- #22 Follow Friday with book bloggers: 21 Shelfies ->
- #21 Follow Friday with book bloggers: Mary's Books ->
- #20 Follow Friday with book bloggers: Murder by Death [Nominated] ->
- #19 Follow Friday with book bloggers: Wanda's Book Reviews ->
- #18 Follow Friday with book bloggers: Leigha's Little Library ->
- #17 Follow Friday with book bloggers: Lost Girls Reviews ->
- #16 Follow Friday with book bloggers: OBSESSION WITH WORDS ->
- #15 Follow Friday with book bloggers: Bookish thoughts!!! ->
- #14 Follow Friday with book bloggers: Char's Horror Corner [Nominated] ->
- #13 Follow Friday with book bloggers: Obsidian Blue ->
- #12 Follow Friday with book bloggers: 99 problems, and a book ain't one ->
- #11 Follow Friday with book bloggers: Book Cupidity [Nominated] ->
- #10 Follow Friday with book bloggers: The Book Gourmet ->
- #9 Follow Friday with book bloggers: Midu Reads [Nominated] ->
- #8 Follow Friday with book bloggers: Momma Says to Read ->
- #7 Follow Friday with book bloggers: Sailing in a Sea of Words ->
- #6 Follow Friday with book bloggers: That's What I'm Talking About ->
- #5 Follow Friday with book bloggers: Silence in the library ->
- #4 Follow Friday with book bloggers: Nicole Reads ->
- #3 Follow Friday with book bloggers: Tigus ->
- #2 Follow Friday with book bloggers: Punya Reviews ->
- #1 Follow Friday with book bloggers: Jennifer's Books ->
You can nominate your blogger friends to the Follow Friday interview! Leave the URL address and a short note in the comment section below.
See you next Friday!