Happy Halloween to all my Ghouls and Goblins! I'm doing the parental duty and going through the kids' candy haul from their night of trick-or-treating in base housing to ensure there are no dangerous offerings and to pull out the peanut butter candies (Butterfinger and Reese's) because neither of my kids like peanut butter. Score for Mommy and Daddy! Josh went as Batman and Sophia was dressed as Sophia the 1st (Disney Junior character). The kids are watching the Peanuts Halloween special (holiday tradition) and getting a couple pieces of candy loot before bedtime.
My reading list at the beginning of the month had 12 books, of which I read or at least attempted to read 7. All I have to say is I'm thankful for my local base's library for providing better reads than what was on my TBR pile. My reading/rating average this month is 2.7 stars....ouch.
Here is my October Reading Wrap Up:
1. Lowcountry Boneyard (Liz Talbot #3) by Susan M. Boyer 4.5 stars
2. In the Pink: How I Met the Perfect (Younger) Man, Survived Breast Cancer, and Found True Happiness After 40 by Susan McBride 4 stars
3. Bite Me, Your Grace by Brooklyn Ann .5 star
4. Dark Wolf Rising (Blood Runners #4/Harlequin Nocturne) by Rhyannon Byrd DNF
5. Haunted on Bourbon Street (Jade Calhoun #1) by Deanna Chase 2 stars
6. Wonder Woman: The Hiketeia by Wade Von Grawbadger, et al. 4.5 stars
7. The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson 4 stars
8. The Captive Maiden by Melanie Dickerson 1 star
9. The Pearl by John Steinbeck 5 stars
10. Aphrodite's Kiss (Superhero Series #1) by Julie Kenner DNF
11. Battle of the Network Zombies (Amanda Feral #3) by Mark Henry 1.5 stars
12. You Suck: A Love Story by Christopher Moore 5 stars