Hi all! :)
I cannot believe October is over :( My favorite month - I'm so sad!! I'm even sadder that I didn't read as much as I was hoping to! So far this marks for my worst reading month at only 5 books :/ (At this rate I don't think I can make it to 100 books by the end of the year (16 more to go)) I don't know what is up with my reading lately, I'm all over the place! I feel like I've been DNF'ing more books and just really unsure of what I want to read! I reallllly hope November's reading month is FANTASTIC! But on to the books I read in October....
1. Before I Go to Sleep by S.J. Watson (3.5/5 stars)
- I started this in September and all in all I liked it - thought it was a good well written story that kept you wanting to know what was going on but I wasn't blown away. (click for my review mash up including this book here)
2. The Guardian by Nicholas Sparks (5/5 stars)
- I was in a reading slump and turned to my favorite author and reread one of his! I haven't read The Guardian in a long time and glad I picked it up for this month - I love the romance in this one and the thriller aspect!! It was a good read for October :) (also in my review mash up here)
3. Foreplay by Sophie Jordan (3.5/5 stars)
- Someone recommended this book to me and I'm glad I picked it up. I'm really getting into NA - and this one was just a cute read although awkward at times! (My NA review duo including this one here)
4. Ignite by Lily Paradis (3.5/5 stars)
- I've been seeing this book everywhere and am really glad I picked it up! It was a really good read with a great family dynamic and romance <33 (My NA review duo including this one here)
5. Open Road Summer by Emery Lord (4.5/5 stars)
- I have been wanting to read this since it came out in April and glad I finally got my hands on it! I loved it, it was a great YA romantic contemporary - loved the growth in the characters, the music, the friendship, and of course the cute romance! (See mini review here)
And THAT'S IT :(
1. Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake
- I really enjoyed Anna Dressed in Blood I read last month and while nothing is wrong with this book, at this time I'm just going to put it down for a later date. It's due tomorrow at the library and I'm just not in the mood for it so I don't want to force myself!
2. 'Salem's Lot by Stephen King
- I was reading this for a buddy read but we both failed. I got to 125 pages (it was a bit of a struggle I might add) and I'm so BORED with the book! I can't be bothered to pick it up.... :/ E. on here mentioned that it starts picking up at this point, but I don't know - I haven't picked it up in weeks and just don't have any urge to. Still debating because I wanted to read one of his books each year and if I do decide to DNF it, I'm going to just get rid of it.
3. A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
- Third month it's on the list! I read 2 chapters this month WOOP WOOP. I hope I can finish it by the end of the year!
Favorite read: The Guardian by Nicholas Sparks :) Favorite new read - Open Road Summer by Emery Lord!
Least favorite read: 'Salem's Lot by Stephen King
I have no idea what I want to read except one book. I think since I've been in a weird reading funk lately that I shouldn't pick much anyway and just roll with the month.
1. Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
- I've been wanting to read this for so long now it's getting ridiculous so I made it a goal to finally read it this year so I should get started on it! Don't know how long it will take me to read!
So that's all that I'm going to have on my TBR it will be a surprise what I read! (for you and me) I may pick a book out of my TBR jar and would like to get 3 read from my TBR Bookshelf - we'll see!
Hope you had a better reading month than me and here's to November!! Hope you all have a fun Halloween! I don't have any plans :/
Have you read any of these books? What was your favorite and least favorite reads of October?